The Hang Out

Bonds of reason

Chapter 45 – The hang out

 

“Aish.. What the hell is this!” I said and threw a stack of paper on the desk.

 

“Is that the way to greet me?” Vince said, holding a cup of coffee on his right hand.

 

“Great, you’re back.. I’m going to die soon if I keep looking at those papers..” I said. It was the company’s statistics for this past one year. And it was terrible. I don’t know how they managed to keep alive until now.

 

“Told you right?” He said, sitting on the couch.

 

“Umma asked me to have a dinner later at her house.. What should I do..?” I asked. Trying to get some advice.

 

“Really? Doesn’t that mean you have to meet her?” He asked.

 

“Well, of course.. Did you still need to ask that? Seriously.. Should I really come?? I don’t think I could face her now..”

 

“Are you even a guy? Just go.. It’s not like she’ll bite off your head either..”

 

“Just wait until you’re in my position.. You’ll know what it’s like..” I said and walked out from the room.


”Why are you mad over a little things?” He shouted.

 

“Because I don’t know what kind of friend you are!!” I shouted back. I searched for a taxi, thinking of going back home. But that witch must be there.

 

*ring ring* “Yah! Do you think you can leave me alone here!? Come back now! We need to settle things for this company!” Vince shouted right after I picked up the call.

 

“I’ll come back tomorrow..” I said and hung up and dialed Youngsaeng’s number.

 

“Waeyo?” He said.

 

“Can I stay over your house? Just for today.” I asked.

 

“Sure.. But why?”

 

“Thanks, I’ll tell you later..” I hung up.

 

It’s still twelve in the afternoon. Where should I go now. There’s not even a taxi.

 

*Bump

 

“Oh, mianhe..” I bumped on someone when I decided to walk down the street.

 

“Oppa, why are you here?” I looked up and found Joelle and Al.

 

“D-de? I was just taking a walk.. What are you two doing here?” I asked them back.

 

“We’re going to shop..” Al said.

 

“Why don’t we go to a café and talk there?” Joelle said, I just nodded. They led me to a small and comfy café.

 

“Order up oppa, my treat..” Joelle said again. And I ordered up.


”Al.. Mind if I asked something?” She looked up, she was reading a book.

 

“Hm? Sure.. What is it?” She said while Joelle excused herself to go to the restroom.

 

“Do you know.. Who’s the girl that kissed with Hyungjunnie?”

 

“It’s not important who the girl is oppa.. The thing is he kissed with her..” She said, sounded irritated.


”Arasso, I won’t ask.. But just to let you know.. He’s not the type that would dump someone he really love.. Especially when you two are going for 5 years already..” I said to her, she seemed a little affected by my words. But what I said was true. When Hyungjun was still a high school student, he could only stand for 4 months when he started a relationship with a girl. I never imagined that 4 months could grow until 5 years.

 

“What about you oppa? Is it that witch’s doing again?” She asked.

 

“Yeah.. How do you know?” I asked her, I thought it’s only me, and the boys who know about the witch.

 

“She once came up to me, saying that Hyungjun oppa and I won’t last long.. Why would she in my love life anyways..” She mumbled.

 

“That’s her.. Anyway.. Have you seen Lea?”

 

“Nope.. Joelle told me that she had been crying since then.. When you two..” She stopped.

 

“It’s okay.. It’s my fault.. For not explaining..” I sighed and took a sip of my vanilla ice blend.

 

“Aigoo.. Kim.. What took you so long..” Al said, looking at the entrance.

 

“Mianhe.. Jungmin made me stayed awake until 6 in the morning.. So I woke up late..” Kim said. “Oppa.. You’re here too?” She said to me.

 

“It’s a coincidence.. But.. Is this the girls hang out?” I asked them.

 

“We were planning to do so.. But seems you’re here now.. You’re in.” Joellle said when she just came back from the restroom.

 

“I’m in? But it’s supposed to be the girls hang out. I still have some work to do though.. You girls just have fun.” I lied. Even though I still have some work, I don’t plan to do it today.


”You should have some fun too oppa.. Kaja..” Kim said and they dragged me to a mall.

 

-----------------------

 

“Aigoo.. You don’t need to pick these clothes for me, I could choose one myself..” I said to them who was busily picking clothes for me.

 

“Your birthday is coming right oppa? Take this as one of your birthday present.” Joelle said.


”It’s still a month away.. There’s no need to rush..” I said to them while Kim pushed me to go in the fitting room.


”This will be the last okay??” I said and went it. Went for shopping with the girls would be tiring. But I could relieved my stress while doing it.

 

“Wow.. I never knew that you look cute with a normal clothes oppa..” Al said after I came out with the clothes they picked for me.

 

“Hyungjun would win over me for his cuteness..” I said to her.

 

“De.. He loved doing aegyo in front of me..” She chuckled. Looking at her face now, I could bet that she’s still in love with him.

 

“Hey hey.. Isn’t that Lea?” Kim said to us, pointing at the girl who was picking some clothes and gave them to the guy beside her.

 

“Oppa? You okay?” Joelle asked me, looking at my expression which was in disbelief.