Truth and lies

Bonds of reason

Chapter 5 – Truth and lies.

 

“Joong-ah..”

 

“Hyunjoong-ah..” Someone shook my body. I felt like I was hit by a giant UFO on my head. I opened my eyes and saw Youngsaeng’s face was only an inch from mine.

 

“Youngsaeng-ah..” I gasped and a little bit surprised. His face made me jumped a little on the bed. Wait.. bed?

 

“Where are we?” I asked him but he just shook his head like he always did. I looked around, it was a cozy room. Well, it’s not larger than mine in my home. But it was cozy enough.

 

“Once I woke up I was laying on the floor and you’re on the bed..” He sighed at sat beside me. I touched my chest like I always do once I woke up. It’s still there. The ring’s still clinging onto my necklace.

 

*Knock knock* “Mr. Hyunjoong, master wants to see you..”

 

“Master? Who?” Youngsaeng asked me in whispers, it’s my turn to shook my head. I walked up to open the door and saw a.. butler? Or something wearing black suit was standing outside.

 

“Master who? What master? Where am I? Could my friend and I go home?” I blurted out those questions from my head.

 

“Follow me, you’ll understand..” Should I follow him? No? He’s only one and seemed fragile. So I followed him and motioned Youngsaeng to stay in that room. He led me upstairs and went right then left then left again then right. Is this Michael Jackson’s house? We arrived in front of a very big door. Like a door to a king’s room or to the throne room.

 

“Go in.. Our master is waiting for you..” He said after opened the door. The room was looked like a library. No. An office? Because I could see a big table in the middle of the room with someone sitting behind it.

 

“Hello?” I called out. The one who sat behind it roll over his chair and an old man on his late 70s with a scar of his left face appeared.

 

“Hyunjoong-ah.. Finally I got to see you..” He walked up to me like a 50 years old man, and hug me.

 

“Wait wait.. Who are you..?” I released myself from the hug.

 

“I’m your grandfather..” He said with his eyes looking straight on me.

 

“Both.. My grandparents are dead.. Even before I was born.. Don’t make such nonsense..” I said.

 

“But I don’t.. And it’s the truth that you’re my grandchild..” I couldn’t say anything. I still don’t believe him, but his eyes were saying the truth even though I knew there’re more truths behind those truth.

 

“So, would you live here with me? I’ll have all facilities that you want ready right now..” He said to me.

 

“No..no.. Give me time to think..” I said and walked out to the door.

 

“Don’t make me wait!!” He shouted from behind. I just went straight to the room I woke up before to fetch Youngsaeng and leave.

 

“Take your bag, we’re leaving..” I said to him once I was there.

 

“Waeyo, who is he?”

 

“I’ll tell you later..” I said and walked in a crazy speed. We were outside the house in 3 minutes. And we were both surprised. There’s only a house there surrounded with trees. And it was that house.

 

“How could we go home? I didn’t even bring my phone..” Youngsaeng asked me. I search for my phone anywhere possible. And found it on my left jacket pocket.

 

“Good.. “ I said looking at the full signals and dialed Kyujong’s number.

 

“Waeyo hyung?” He picked up after the fourth beep.

 

“Pick me and Youngsaeng up right now.. We’re in the middle of forest with a very big fancy house..” I said on the phone.

 

“How could I find a forest in whole South Korea..” He said.

 

“I don’t care.. ugh.. JUST TELL SOMEONE TO FIND A BIG WHITE HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST!! And pick me up!” I shouted the last two line and hung up. I really hate forest. And moreover that old man inside made me confused.

 

“Hey, what’s up..” Youngsaeng asked me when I couldn’t stood still. I was moving back and forth, left right, any directions possible.

 

“That master inside that bloody house says he’s my grandfather.” I told him.

 

“Uhm.. But your whole families are gone right?” He asked in a careful tone and I nodded, it was the only thing I could do. Nod. I could went over sensitive when it’s about my family.

 

“What’re we going to do now then..? Search throughout the forest?” He asked again.

 

“And met all those insects? Hell no..” It gave me goose bumps even if I only thinking about insect.

 

“Why should they build a mansion in the middle of a forest..” Youngsaeng mumbled. He sighed and sit under a tree. I joined him, looking around there’s no bloody insect around us.

 

*Riing riing* “Kyujong-ah.”

 

“Hyung, I found 3 houses in the middle of forest..”

 

“Use a heli to search.. We’ll be on the house’s gate..” I hung up. A couple of minutes, we heard the sound of helicopter, they gave us a rope ladder to went up. Made me feel like I was in a mission or something.

 

“Gosh.. Finally we’re be able to get out.. Where is this actually..” Youngsaeng said.

 

“A forest near the southern beach..” The pilot said. They took us pretty far with those fancy cars.

 

“I don’t want to go home.. Could you bring us to his home?” I asked the pilot. I need refreshing for sometime.

 

“Sure, Where is it?” The pilot said.

 

“Tell him..” I told Youngsaeng, I couldn’t remember his address. I don’t even remember my address, only remember the way. The pilot brought us into different direction after Youngsaeng told him.

 

“Don’t land at my basketball court..” He said when the pilot was deciding to land on the basketball court. So we landed at his double tennis’ court. I could see his maid and his butler running from the main gate to the court.

 

“Welcome back Youngsaeng-nim.. Annyeonghaseyo Hyunjoong-nim..” His butler and his maid bowed to us. He told his butler something while I told the pilot to go back home.

 

“Tennis?” I asked him

 

“But.. Don’t beat me up..” He grinned at me and told one of the maid to bring out the racket. That maid came out after a few minutes with 2 tennis rackets on her hand.

 

“My ball okay!!” He shouted from afar.

 

*riing riing* “Wait!! Phone!!” I told him and he waited.

 

“Waeyo Kyujong-ah..”

 

“Hyung! Where are you? Dad’s here..”

 

“He’s here?!”

 

“De..” He said then I hung up.