Echo of voice

Bonds of reason

Chapter 25 – Echo of voice.

 

“Hyung!! You okay?!” Kyujong came in my room with Joelle while I was reading through my comic book.

 

“Stop running, you’ll open up your wound again.” I said to him.

 

“How could you end up being here anyway?” He said while looking through the hospital room.

 

-Flashback-

 

You.The voice said to me.

 

 

“Me? What do you mean?”

 

 

You’re the owner of the symbol of knowledge. Find it out yourself with your knowledge. He said again.

 

 

“But how could you.. Just now?” I asked him, referring to what he just did back there.

 

 

I’m just using your power. Next time, you have to learn how to use it well.  He said.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

But, it’s not the time yet. You’ll know it once you reach the age of eighteen. I’m off now. I overused some of my power a bit. Need to get some sleep..

 

 

“Wait.. I need to ask you something.”

 

 

Keep it until your birthday. Anyway, I just stopped your bleeding, not healing. Go look for your butler. See you on your birthday.

 

“Yah! Wait!” I said, but there’s no answer from him. I tried to stand up, trying to bear the pain. Even though it’s not bleeding anymore, the pain in my stomach was just insane.

 

“Hyunjoong-ah!!” I heard Klaude shouted my name. “Hyunjoong!! Hyunjo-“ He stopped as he looked at me. “Yah!! Are you alright??” He ran up to me. I could see he was covered with bruises everywhere.

 

“Yea, I’m fine.. I think..” I said to him. We were on our way to the hospital when I finally lost my consciousness.

 

-End of flashback-

 

“Hyung!” Kyujong snapped me out from my thought.

 

“What?” I asked him.

 

“Oppa, are you really fine?” Joelle asked me. I nodded.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked Kyujong.

 

“To visit you of course! The doctor said that I could go home tomorrow..” He cheered. Cool, he could go home tomorrow, that means I was left alone is this forsaken place.

 

“Arasso, I’m happy for you.. Anyway.. Could you find Klaude? He said he’s going to the cafeteria..” They nodded and went out to look for Klaude.

 

I rolled over, facing the ring.

 

“Hello?” I thought to myself, waiting for an answer. But it’s just like before. Still no answer. Not even a single letter were spoken from him.

 

“God.. Could you just talk to me..” I mumbled and sighed. 3 weeks left until my birthday.

 

“Why are you talking to yourself?” I heard Klaude said.

 

“No, nothing. Are you really okay? Those bruises are freaking painful right?” I asked him.

 

“I’ve gone through a situation worse than this..” He said and lay on the sofa. “Yah.. What should I tell your father..” He said, closing his eyes.

 

“Don’t worry.. I’ll handle it.. Thanks for coming with me anyway.”

 

“It’s my duty okay..” He said and came up to me. “How’s your wound?” He asked.

 

“Uh.. Fine.. Just fine.. Luckily it stopped bleeding on our way here..” I lied. I did not stop by itself. But I couldn’t tell him, he would think that I’m insane.

 

The door opened all of a sudden. It’s Lea.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked.

 

“Yah! Shouldn’t you be grateful that I managed to visit you?” She said. But I stayed silent. How did she know that I’m here? The only one who knows that I’m here was only Klaude and Kyujong. Oh right, Kyujong and Joelle must’ve told her.

 

“Aish, maybe I shouldn’t come here at first..” She said, wanted to walk away.

 

“W-wait.. Thanks for visiting me..” I said and realized that Klaude was watching us like he watch a tennis match. He gave me the what-did-i-do look.

 

“Uhm, I’ll just.. go..” Klaude said, leaving both of us behind.

 

“How did you end up being here anyway?” She asked me, sitting at the chair beside me.

 

“Oh.. I got.. Shot when catching a thief..” I said, is that reason good enough? I couldn’t tell her that her freaking father trying to kill me.

 

“Really? Thieves nowadays are sure scary.. They even bring a gun out with them..” She said. What? She believed it already? That’s fast.

 

“Hey, I need to ask you something..” I said to her. It’s really weird. It’s like we just fought over a little thing yesterday and now we’re talking to each other again.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What will you do if..”

 

“If?”

 

“If.. You found your childhood crush..”

 

-3 weeks later, 6June-

 

“Aish, eat slower.. You’re eating like a kid.. You’re eighteen now..” Lea said while wiping my mouth with a tissue. We were at the cafeteria with the others. Even Xin joined us for talk.

 

“Aw.. So sweet..” Al said, nudging Hyungjun beside her who was still busy eating. They’re both doing fine. But Hyungjun somehow is losing his courage which never happened before.

 

“That’s not just sweet.. That’s somekind of entertaining too..” Kyujong said, chuckling. I saw Joelle winked at Lea. I don’t know what’s behind that wink.

 

“You should be together hyung..” Jungmin’s turn to comment.

 

“No way.” Both Lea and me said at the same time. We looked at each other and realized how close we are seated next to each other. We distant ourselves. Making Xin laughed.

 

“Wae unnie? What’s funny..” Lea said to her.

 

“You really have to get together..” She chuckled and then looking at Youngsaeng who almost fell asleep when he was holding his drink.

 

“Oppa!” Xin nudged him.

 

“H-huh?? What??” He said. “Wae?? I’m terribly sleepy..” He said, burying his head on her neck.

 

“Oppa! This is a commong place! Yah!” She said giving him a light slap oh his shoulder. They’re always like this. Xin could be considered as a shy girl while Youngsaeng was a little bit aggressive.

 

“Hello? Kim?? Finally I got through..” Jungmin said and walked away. He was really noisy these past few days. He couldn’t get through Kim’s phone because she was outside the country for vacation.

 

“Hyung, what lesson’s next?” Kyujong asked me.

 

“Chem-“ I said, but stopped midway. A sudden pain came pierced throught my head.

 

“Hyung, you okay?” Kyujong looked worried.

 

 

Having fun with your friends?

 

 

“What?” I mumbled.

 

 

*sigh* The time has come..