Forgetting the past

Bonds of reason

Chapter 18 - Forgetting the past

 

“Father.” I said as I saw him opening the door.

 

“Where. Have. You. Been.” He said word by word.

 

“I’m from my friend’s house..” I said. Well, first of all I wasn’t lying.

 

“Where were you before going to your friend’s house?”

 

“Uh.. I..” Should I tell him? I would be doomed if he know that someone attacked Kyujong.

 

“You may not come in before you tell me what’s really going on..” He said. He got me. I couldn’t sleep with Dorry out here.

 

“Seoul Community Hospital.” I said.

 

“What happened?” He finally asked the point. I told him the whole situation, starting from where I found Kyujong and the one who stabbed him.

 

“Danny!!” He shouted, walking in the house which means I could go in.

 

“Stay where you are.” He said, looking at me while I just stepped my foot inside the house. It’s not even my fault. I don’t even know that person’s intention. How could he do this to me? It’s always been like this. Kyujong was like his only treasure. I’ve never mentioned this before, but Kyujong’s mum left him with his father a year after I went in this family. Well, I couldn’t blame father.

 

“Come on father. I haven’t eat anything.” I said at him.

 

“What room he’s in?” He asked me.

 

“510.” I said, searching for Glenn. I need to eat right now or I think I would pass out.

 

“Wait, if you’re here. Doesn’t that means that you left him alone?”

 

“No, he’s with his soon to be girlfriend..” I said to him. He just sighed, knowing that his son got a new girlfriend, but I could tell Kyujong is serious about Joelle. Danny took his key and went to his car, followed by father.

 

“You know what you need to do.” Father said to me before leaving. Once again, I was left alone in that house.

 

“Glenn, Klaude!! Where in the earth are you??” I shouted at the air. Waiting for a response.

 

“W-wae?” Glenn said, coming from his room.

 

“Where’s Klaude?” I asked him.

 

“Lying like a dead person at the bed.” He said, that means Klaude was already asleep.

 

“Is there any food left?”

 

“No, but..” He walked to the kitchen and searched for something. “I could make you a sandwich..” He shouted, holding a load of bread.

 

“I don’t need a sandwich. I need sandwiches.. Bring them to my room.. Thanks Glenn!” I came upstairs. “Oh..” I went down again.

 

“Glenn! Catch!” I throw him Kyujong’s car key while he was walking through the living room.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Take his car at the mall..” I went up again and went straight to my room. I shut the door behind me. Recalling of what happened today, starting from I woke up and found my car key was gone, found Lea with her dad at the mall, Kyujong got stabbed, sending Lea home, and now.. Left alone in this house.

 

I took a shower right after and found three sandwiches above my desk after I came out, along with an envelope. I have this strange feeling whenever I saw an envelope. Maybe I’ll just open it up later. It’s almost 2 hours passed without me realizing it.

 

*riing riing* “Yes?”

 

“Wow.. You picked up..” Youngsaeng said in awe.

 

“Aish.. Get straight to the point. Bad news or good news?” I asked him, referring to his plan. He wanted to asked Xin, well you know what.

 

“You know, maybe this is the greatest day of my life..” I could tell he’s smiling right now on the other side.

 

“I know.. No one could resist Heo Young Saeng’s charm..” I said.

 

“It’s not that.. She accepted me and I really thank her for that.. And I’ve swear to myself that I would never hurt her.” He said in a serious tone.

 

“Aww.. That’s so sweet of you.. Lend me some of your sweetness..” I said jokingly.

 

“Aish, I’m serious..”

 

“Arasso, arasso..I’m happy for you.. Two more lovey doveys to be together..”

 

“What about you? You sent her home right?” He asked me.

 

“Huh..? Wait.. You set it up?” I asked him, not believing that they would set it up. I thought it was only a coincidence when they all had to leave and I had to send Lea home.

 

“Anni, it’s pure a coincidence.. But I’ve seen what were you doing back in Kyujong’s room..” I don’t believe it now, if he said it was only a coincidence. I could imagine if he was standing right in front of me, he would be smirking at me right now. And about the scene back in Kyujong’s room. How in the hell that he knew it, he was sleeping all over.

 

“It’s only because she was resting in my shoulder okay.. And I don’t like it..” I said to him. Is it really the answer? Even my heart couldn’t answer it.

 

“Really? I’ve never seen you doing that to your ex before.. And I know you loved her so much..” He said to me. My ex, she’s the one who gave a big impact on my love life.

 

“Come on, didn’t I tell you to not talk about her again?” I said to him while eating my sandwich.

 

“Ah, mianhe.. I still couldn’t believe she left you and went for another guy..” He said.

 

“Aish.. Don’t even think about it again..”

 

“Arasso.. I need to send Xin home first.. See you tomorrow at school.. Anyway.. I think you should really forget about her. I don’t wanna see my friend ended up without a lifemate..” He said and hung up.

 

I let out a deep sigh, thinking about a happy past I’ve spent with my ex. But ended up with me being hurt. Stupid me, I still kept our photos together. Maybe Youngsaeng’s right. I should forget her and start a brand new love life.

 

“Umma, really wish you’re here..” I sighed and buried my head onto the pillow.

 

-Next day at school-

 

“Hyung, How’s Kyujong hyung?” Hyungjun asked me at the school break.

 

“I don’t know.. I’ve heard that Joelle is absent right? You should ask her..” I mumbled, not sure if he could hear me right. I was super extremely sleepy from Mr.Rio’s class. I’ve been holding for 2 hours for not closing my eyes.

 

“Lea! You don’t have a seat yet right? You could sit with us..” Jungmin said. The word lea sent a signal to my brain, made me awake again. And the only sit available is right on my left side. She sit there, right beside me. And which means I couldn’t sleep at peace.

 

“How’re you doing?” Youngsaeng asked her. “Did he send you home safely?” He asked again. This guy. I really couldn’t stand him sometimes. It’s okay if he want to pair me up with someone. But it’s not okay if that someone is Lea.

 

“Oh crap, next is history..” Al said, and got up from the chair.

 

“I’ll go with you.” Hyungjun said, but Al just glared at him. Making him sit right up on his seat. I’m not sure if I could say this, but looking at how Hyungjun following Al everyday made him looked like her private maid.

 

“Mal, what’s the next lesson?” Hyungjung asked Jungmin, but Jungmin just stayed silent like he always did when someone called him Mal.

 

“It’s Physics..” Lea said in a low voice. She seems unenergetic like how she was.

 

“Oh.. I hate physics.. Lea, I’ll borrow your note later okay..” He grinned at her and left the cafeteria.

 

“I guess I need some sleep..” Jungmin yawned. Got up from his seat and left to the library while texting with someone. And most probably is Kim.

 

“You’re not attending the class?” I asked her when the break was over.

 

She shook her head and said, “I’m not feeling well..” She got up from her seat, but it seems she couldn’t even stand up properly. I was looking at her, worrying? I didn’t know what kind of feeling is this.

 

“Y-yah!! Don’t faint here.. Yah!!” When the next thing happened was something I couldn’t even imagine.