Unexpected

Bonds of reason

Chapter 33 – Unexpected.

 

“What are you doing standing there without even make a single move?” Vince said. I realized that I was back to the present time.

 

“You didn’t see that?”

 

“See what..? No way.. Don’t tell me..” He said while he looked at my hand who was still holding the ring. It’s slightly warm on my finger. “What did you see?”

 

“Huh?” I acted dumb. I didn’t even know why I lied. But I just did.

 

“What did you see?” He asked. Nearly fell for my lies.

 

“What did you expect me to see..?”

 

“What do you mean by ‘I didn’t see that’ then?”

 

“There was an UFO.. I just saw it.. Really couldn’t believe that you didn’t..” I shook my head.

 

“Huh? Is that even exist??” He scratched his head. Looked like a real dumb person. I didn’t believe the one that I just saw on those scenes was really him.

 

“I’ll go to Youngsaeng’s house..” I took my key.

 

“Again? You just spent a whole day sleeping there.” Vince said.

 

“None of your business..” I said and walked away from him. I don’t know, maybe it’s the best to avoid him for a moment. Until he’s forget about what happened just now. Aish.. I’ll die from headache soon..

 

 

-At Youngsaeng’s house-

 

 

“Huh? You’re not with Vince?” Youngsaeng asked when I just arrived at his place.

 

“Nope.. Weird isn’t it? He didn’t even insist to go..” I said to him.


”Yeah.. Weird.. Anyway.. How did it go?” He asked.

 

“How did what go?”

 

“You and her of course..”

 

“Are you nuts?” I asked him.


”No.. I was just testing your condition.. And it seems you’re already back..” He grinned at me.

 

“What about you?”

 

“Still remember Ae Ri?” He asked. I nodded. She’s Youngsaeng’s ex. An extreme one. Extreme as in the category of stalking.


”She texted me every hours. Night and day. And Xin looked at my phone.. And it almost happened.. Luckily it’s not..” He explained.

 

“That.. Doesn’t sound so long..”

 

“Why did you come here anyway? You just left a few hours ago.. Missed me already?”

 

“Yea, miss you so much.. Do you want a hug then?” I said jokingly as I opened my arm.

 

“That’s.. NASTY..” He pushed me back.

 

“I thought you love nasty things..” I said again.


”Aish.. shut it.. You’re giving me goose bumps..”

 

“You’re no fun.. You know how will Vince react?” I asked him.

 

“What? Kiss you?” He chuckled and we were already outside, going to the tennis court.

 

“Hey.. Let’s make a bet..” He said when we were already there.

 

“What?”

 

“If you lose.. You have to confess your feeling in front of her..” He said, confess my feeling? He’s nuts..

 

“What if you lose?” I asked.

 

“Hmm.. I’ll never get in to your love life again then.. Come on.. I know you love her so much..” He said hopefully.

 

“Arasso..” I said after thinking of his condition. I won’t lose that easy.

 

 

 -A few moments later-

 

 

“Look who’s going to confess now..” He said to me with a teasing smile.

 

“Shut up..” I said, trying to ignore the words that keep replaying in my mind. ‘Confess to her.’

 

“When will you do it?”

 

“Not now, not tomorrow, not this week, not this month, not this year, not this decade? No no.. It has to be this decade.. Urgh, Whatever!”

 

“What.. You promised me..”

 

“You only said that I have to confess in front of her, you didn’t say when..” I said. Okay, we got the point. I won over this argument.

 

“Aish.. I’ve made a big mistake here..” He mumbled. “Kaja.. I’m hungry..”

 

“If you always eat after you play for a game.. The Youngsaeng I know will disappear..” I said to him.

 

“Go home. ” He said after throwing a fake glare at me.

 

“You’re kicking me out now? Fine..”

 

“See you tomorrow..” He said, not even bothered to say it was a joke or something.

 

*riing riing* “Yes umma?”

 

“Could you come over later? Tell Vince too..”

 

“Yeah.. Of course..”

 

“Arasso, see you later..” She said then hung up. Wonder why did she call me to come over again.

 

“Hey, umma invites you to come over to her house..” I told Vince once I arrived at my house.

 

“Really? Asa!” He threw his fist to the air.

 

 

-Later at Lea’s house-

 

 

“Anyway.. Where’s your parents Vince?” Umma asked him out of the blue while we were busily eating.

 

“Oh.. They.. Died..” He said. I don’t know why, but when umma mentioned about parents to him, his expression changed.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry..” Umma said.

 

“It’s okay.. I got used to it..” He said and gave her a faint smile and continued to eat.

 

*ding dong*

 

“I’ll get that..” Lea said, got up from her seat and went to the door. We were all finished. Vince and umma were happily having a conversation. They stopped suddenly when they heard Lea spoke coldly to someone.

 

“What do you want.” She said.

 

“I just wanted to come by.. And it seems you’re having a company..” A familiar voice said.

 

“Wait here..” Umma said and went to look who’s there.

 

“Why are you here.” I heard umma spopke the same way like Lea. Coldly.

 

“Do you really need to act coldly?” That person said.

 

“Get out. Now.”

 

“Oh, you dare now?”

 

“GET OUT!!” Both me and Vince got up from our seat and went to the door after hearing umma’s yell.

 

"Umma, waey-" I stopped while I saw who was the one who just came.

 

“Wow.. Such an unexpected meeting.” That person said.