Departing

Bonds of reason

Chapter 37 - Departing

 

“What?”

 

“Stay away from Lea.”

 

“Why??!” My voice raised a bit without me realizing it. It just went up due to my anger.

 

“Don’t raise your voice at me..”

 

“But why?” I asked. Jeez. What’s up with him.

 

“I know Lee better than you do, he could use anything to take that ring okay?” He said. How could he’s so not up to date.

 

“Maybe you know him better than I do, but I know his child better than you do. I’ll not object about you sending me somewhere.. But about your last favor, don’t you wish that I would agree with that.” I said and went out. I slammed the door behind me. I was too angry, too angry to think, too angry to talk, too angry to do anything.

 

How could he made his own decisions without even thinking about me? He made his own decisions without knowing what’ve been happening. And I’ve never been so angry like this before, especially to him. But really, I just couldn’t think of a reason to not be angry. He let Kyu stay and forced me to go, I know that he’s trying to protect me, but couldn’t he asked about what’ve been happening when he was gone.

 

“What’s wrong?” Danny asked when he saw me walked in a rush to my room. I didn’t even bother to answer, nor that I want to.

 

“Hey..” I could still hear his voice when I shut the door behind me.

 

I took out all my things from my pocket, threw it all to the desk.

 

“I should’ve confess earlier.. Aish..”

 

I was looking at the emptiness when I noticed that I received a text message.

 

-----------------------

 

From: Mad girl

 

Hey, do you know something about my dad?

 

-----------------------

 

To: Mad girl

 

Don’t ask too much, take that as my last gift for you.

 

-----------------------

 

I smiled after I typed those message. Would it really be my last gift for her?

 

 

-Two weeks later-

 

 

“Do you really have to go?” Vince asked me out of the blue when I was starting to forget it.

 

“Do you even need to ask that? You’ve been asking it for the fourteenth times this past two weeks!” I said to him.

 

“There’s no way that you will stay?” He asked again, jeez.. This guy is really irritating.

 

“There’s no other way other than going there okay? It’s not like I am that happy either..” I lowered my voice when Lea came passed me, she took a glance of me. But it’s not a glare or something that she always did to me, it was something deeper. I felt like those eyes were piercing into every inch of my body when she looked at me.

 

“I still don’t get it.. You’ve been ignoring her for two weeks already, you don’t even explain what happened to her father.” He continued our conversation.

 

IF.. Even if I confessed to her, would she just accept it that I’ll go over to another country for 4 years right after I graduate? It’ll be just too painful, for the both of us. So I think it’ll be best for us to stay away from each other. At least she hasn’t fall for me yet. So that’s okay.

 

“Hello?” Vince snapped me out from my thoughts.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you even listening to me?”

 

“Huh? Did you even say anything?” I asked. I didn’t hear he asked or said anything when I was thinking deep.

 

“I said we’re here..” He said when we were in front of the gym at the school. We both went in, and like always.. There’s no one there.


”Jeez, I would be alone if you went there..” Vince sighed.

 

“No, you’re not..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’ll come with me..”

 

“Me!?? WHY!??” He yelled.

 

“Because I would be alone if I go there by myself.. A lonely boy in a foreign country.. Could you even imagine that?”

 

“Wait.. Your father won’t agree..” He said.

 

“Oh, don’t worry.. I’ve asked for his agreement.. And a yes came from him..” I said while picking up a basketball and started to play alone.

 

“No way..”

 

“What? You said you’ll be alone if I left for my study.. And now you’re going with me.. What now?”

 

“That’s just a lie.. Come on.. Why did you take it serious..” He whined.

 

“You’re late Vince sshi..” I said.

 

-------------------------

 

“I couldn’t believe that we’ve graduated..” Kyujong said after we went out from the main hall. Youngsaeng came up to Xin once he saw her waving at him.

 

“I don’t even want to graduate..” I mumbled as I walked away from him.

 

“Hyung.. We’ll miss you..” He said, catching up with me.

 

“Yeah.. I’ll miss you too..” I said, and messed his hair.

 

“And one more thing hyung..”

 

“What?”

 

“I think Lea would be the one who misses you a lot.. She’s been asking me about you since you two don’t talk to each other..” He said. I could only smiled at his words. I don’t want a false hope. But if she does.. there must be a way for us.

 

“I’ll go now.. Meet me at the airport arasso?” I said to him and went to my car.

 

This will be my last chance. Or else it’s all over.

 

“Vince.. Come out.. Now..” I said on the phone and parked my car in front of my house’s gate.

 

“Jeez.. Why don’t you go there yourself..” He whined again.


”Stop. Whining. Just get in..” I said and he went in.

 

“Anyway.. Do you really want to let her go?” He asked me.

 

No. That’s my real answer, but I couldn’t be selfish. I could just think about my happiness.

 

We arrived at the airport in about 30 minutes. There were everyone there, including the girls. Well, except one of course.

 

“Oppa, I’ll miss you for sure..” Kim was the one to hug me and Vince, followed by Joelle and Xin.

 

“Hey you.. Be a good sun for the moon okay?” I said jokingly to Alicia.

 

“Oppa! You could even joke when you’re about to leave?” She pouts at me and gave me a hug.

 

“Hyung.. We’ll miss you so much..” Kyujong said, he hugged me like there’s no tomorrow. “Vince.. Take care of him okay..”

 

“I’ll.. think about that..” Vince said and gave me a big wide grin.

 

“Yah! Don’t forget.. You have to visit us every 3 months!” Youngsaeng knocked my head with his finger.

 

“Arasso..” I smiled at him.

 

“Hyung.. Thanks to you.. I’ll be able to be together with her now..” Jungmin whispered in my ear. The problem that he was talking before was just about confessing to Kim.

 

“Be a good boy.. Don’t forget that you already had a girlfriend.. So don’t look for another..” I said to Hyungjun and he just gave me a faint smile.

 

“Oppa! We’ll miss you!!” Xin shouted when we walked away. I just waved at them. I don’t even want to go. I’ll visit them every week if I could..

 

But there’s one thing I wish the most. Please let her read it. Even if it’s just once, or even if she doesn’t give any reaction, just let me know if she reads it. I sat on the waiting room while Vince were taking care of the rest.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

It’s the first time I wrote a letter to a girl. Well, it’s not a letter. I just write what I had in my mind. I wrote them on a photo. A photo that I just found out two days ago. It was sticked behind my family photo. A photo of me and her. The exact one like the one she had on her purse.

 

Hey, it’s me.

I’ve been wanting to say this.. But I just couldn’t gathered up my courage to say this right in front of you.

I don’t know when will you read this message, but.. If you read this before I leave.. I just wanted to make sure about one thing.

Mad girl.. Do you remember that?

Yeah, that was the name that I used it to call you when we were on our childhood.

And.. You know.. I couldn’t even imagine that a four years old boy could even had a crush on a girl. But that’s me. And that girl is you.

If you read this before I leave, and if you accept me to be your boyfriend. Could you come to the airport, at least I could see you when it’s almost time for me to leave.

But if you read this after I left.. Maybe we’re not fated to be together.

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

Would she really come?

 

“Yah! We’re departing soon!” Vince yelled, I looked at my watched. Half an hour before departing. I smiled to myself and let out a deep sigh. Maybe I should really let her go.

 

She doesn’t come after all..

 

“Yah! KIM HYUN JOONG!!” I heard someone shouted out my name. I could feel my heart stop beating right at that moment.

 

“Yah! DID YOU PLAN TO LEAVE ME ALONE?!” It was Lea. I could feel my heart was jumping up and down.

 

“Sshhh.. This is an airport..” I covered up .

 

“You! Why. Didn’t. You. Tell. Me. At. First!” She slapped me on my chest once on each word.

 

“Sshh.. Did you came all the way here just to yell at me?” I said to her.

 

“What do you think you’re doing! You’re leaving and you didn’t even tell me!” She slapped hard me again on my chest.

 

“So.. Is it a yes?” I asked her, I couldn’t control myself anymore.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you want to be my-“ She kissed me when I didn’t even finish my sentence. I don’t know what kind of feeling I feel right now. I couldn’t even think straight. And she didn’t even let me go. I kissed her back without even hesitating. She withdrew with our kiss and said,

 

“Are you satisfied now?” She asked.

 

“More than I could be..”