A sudden brake

Bonds of reason

Chapter 13 – A sudden brake.

 

“They broke up?” Kyujong snapped me out from my mind.

 

“What do you think?” I sighed and went in. We looked at Jungmin. He looked down? Sad? Regretful?

 

“Hyung, you’re here..” He looked up.

 

“You broke up with here?” Kyujong asked him, he just nodded.

 

“Hyung.. I don’t know what to do..” He said in a low voice.

 

“Hey, it’s your decision.. You’ve broke up with her, just let her go.. Shouldn’t you go for your first love now?” I said to him, trying to calm him down.

 

He let out a deep sigh and said, “Yea, you’re right.. Order up.. My treat..” He said and call the waitress. A few minutes later, I could hear a familiar voice is getting near and near.

 

“This.. is my favourite coffee shop.. We always hang out here..” I turned around and found out it was Hyungjun and Alicia.

 

“Hyungjunnie?” I said.

 

“Hyung? Kyujong? Jungmin? You’re here too?” He asked.

 

“Yea, it’s us.. So.. How long have you to been going out?” Kyujong asked him.

 

“Huh? We’re just friends, normal friends..” Alicia said. While Hyungjun’s face turned gloomy. But he didn’t show that to Alicia. He never acted like this before in front of a girl. He smiled and then said, “Yeah, we’re just friends.. A very normal friends.. And this is just a normal hang out with friends.. Right Al?”

 

“Yeah.. he got the point..”

 

“Mind joining us then?” I asked them.

 

“No, sure..” Al said. They ordered up and we ate together, chatting, eating, chat again until we all finished our food. When it comes to the payment. The tom and jerry began their daily activity.

 

“Yah, you pay for yourself..” Jungmin said.

 

“What? You said you’re treating!” Hyungjun replied.

 

“I’ve only said I’ll treat hyung and Kyujong. Not you. Find then, you pay for yourself and Al’s.” Jungmin said again.

 

“Aish this guy..” Hyungjun smacked his back.

 

“Yah! Is that the way you treat your hyung?” It’s Jungmin’s turn to smacked Hyungjun’s head.

 

“Could you two please stop?” I said, but they still continue the bicker.

 

“Al, could you stop them? Even if it’s only Hyungjun it’s okay..” I asked her, she just nodded and tapped on Hyungjun’s shoulder. But he shrugged her off.

 

“Kim Hyungjun, stop bickering right now or you’re going to treat me for a whole month.” She said. What caught my surprise was Hyungjun stopped immediately after Al said those words.

 

“Hyung, know what..” Hyungjun said.

 

“Huh?” I asked.

 

“I saw a murcielago at the car park.. A black one, and it’s really incredibly cool..” He said in an amazement. Kyujong just chuckled looking at him and I just shook my head.

 

“Wae? Nothing’s funny right? Yah Kyujong hyung..” He said while Kyujong was already laughing, not just chuckling.

 

“That.. murcielago.. it’s hyung’s..” he said between laughter.

 

“Huh? Hyung’s? But his car is Aston Martin right?” Jungmin asked.

 

“A new car..” I said.

 

“A new one?? No fair! What happened to your Aston Martin?” Hyungjun said.

 

“Something happened so I couldn’t use it anymore.. No more questions..” I said to him. He mumbled something about getting a new car, 3 Lamborghinis, Porsche and an Alfa Romeo. He looked at Jungmin like he just remembered something.

 

“Oh.. I saw Lea on my way here.. And.. She’s crying..” He said. Jungmin’s expression changed all of sudden. He excused himself to the toilet right after Hyungjun said that.

 

“They broke up just now..” Kyujong whispered in Hyungjun’s ear.

 

“Really? How?”

 

“You know Kim right?” I asked him. He nodded. Al was listening to our

 

“She’s back here, in Korea..” I told him. He looked questioned.

 

“She’s here? Since when?” He asked again. God, this kid never get tired of questions.

 

“Come on.. She’s on Joelle’s birthday.. You didn’t see her?” Kyujong said, but Hyungjun just shook his head while Al sighed.

 

“She’s standing in front of the crowd, couldn’t you see her?” Al said.

 

“You know Kim?” I asked Al.

 

“Of course, she’s my cousin..” Al said and we just left our mouth hanging open. No wonder they both looked gorgeous.

 

“What are you all talking about?” Jungmin said after noticing our conversation.

 

“Nothing.. What’re we going to do now?” Kyujong asked.

 

“Youngsaeng’s house? Tennis?” I asked. They just nodded and I dialed Youngsaeng’s number.

 

“Youngsaeng-ah.. Where are you?”

 

“Me? Outside.. Wae?”

 

“Oh, can I use your tennis court? We’re going to play..” I asked him.

 

“Sure..” He said.

 

“Oppa, could we go to the market? I need to buy a few things..” A girl said on his side. Sounded like Xin.

 

‘Who is that? Aigoo.. Seems like our Youngsaeng has really fallen for someone..” I chuckled.

 

“Yah! Don’t laugh..” He said.

 

“Arasso.. Arasso.. Have fun there!” I hung up.

 

“He’s with Xin?” Kyujong asked me, I nodded. A wide grin formed on his face. He knew that they’ll be together, Youngsaeng and Xin.

 

“Ding dong.. You’re right.. Kaja.. Hyungjun, Al, wanna join us?” I asked them.

 

“No, we’re going for-“ Hyungjun said, but Al interrupted him.

 

“Wae? We’re going to play tennis? Wouldn’t it be fun?” Al asked him.

 

“Arasso, we’ll join you..” Hyungjun said and sighed. We all went to the carpark. Hyungjun and Al with his Alfa Romeo was the first to leave the mall, Jungmin with his Porsche was second, and there’s only me, left with Kyujong. I couldn’t find any parking slot before, so I parked my car so so so far from the elevator.

 

“God, I’m exhausted..” Kyujong said when we just went in the car.

 

“Aish.. But you don’t have to drive..” I said, and started the engine. We’re able to catch up their cars. Youngsaeng’s house was pretty far from the mall, so the road that we passed by was like empty, only a few cars were on that road.

 

“Hyungjun-ah.. Want to have a little race?” I said on the phone.

 

“Hyung.. I have a girl with me here..” He whispered. We hung up. Girls, the only thing that on his mind. Well, I couldn’t blame him though. He’s been like that since we first met.

 

“Hyung, could you focus on the road?” Kyujong said. Jungmin’s and Hyungjun’s car were already far ahead.

 

“Aish, it’s not like there will be cars on this road..” I said while checking my phone calls. But suddenly Kyujong yelled.

 

“Hyung! Stop!! Hit the brake!!”

 

“What the.”