The eighteenth birthday

Bonds of reason

 

Chapter 26 – The eighteenth birthday.

 

“I.. need to go to the toilet..” I said to them and walked away.

 

You don’t need to hide it from them.. They will know sooner or later. That voice said.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

I said we’ll meet again when you’re eighteen right? So this is it..

 

“Just it? You want to meet me at my birthday?” I asked him in my thought.

 

No. But, before getting to the point.. Tell me your question.

 

“Question? What question?”

 

Who said he’s want to ask me something.. God..

 

“Uh, what’s your name?” I need to ask that thing first.

 

It’s too long.. I’m not in the mood to say it.. Just call me Vince. Duh.. Couldn’t you find a more important question?

 

“Uh.. How old are you?”

 

Almost a thousand? I don’t know.. I don’t even know when was I created, and I believe it’s not even important. Vince said.

 

“Could you come out? It’s so uncomfortable, like I was talking to myself..” I said.

 

“Boo!” He appeared right in front of my eyes, making me jumped on my feet. But he’s wearing the school uniform like me.

 

“How could you?” I said, pointing at his uniform.

 

“Quick change.” He flicked his clothes and he already changed into other clothes. He was still doing that, no.. I mean showing off. Until I realized a lot pairs of eyes were looking at him confused.

 

“Are you insane!? Stop it! All of them are looking at you..” I said to him and he changed his clown outfit into his uniform.

 

“Oh yeah.. Happy Birthday..” He patted my shoulder and walked to the cafeteria.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?”

 

“Introducing myself to your friends of course.. What else?”

 

“Is that really necessary?”

 

“Since I’m going to train you from now on.. I’ll keep my appearance in this form..” He said.

 

“Train? What are you going to train me??” I asked him. Is it true that I really have to train with this person? He’s not even serious at all since he appeared back there in the corridor.

 

“We’ll just see..” He grabbed my clothes and forced me to walk him to the cafeteria. A lot of people were staring at us, some looked confused, dazed, someone couldn’t even close their mouth and left it hanging open.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Kyujong asked me. Jungmin was already there, busy texting, and most probably with Kim. But now, it’s Hyungjun’s and Al’s turn to disappear.

 

“Who are you??” Youngsaeng asked Vince, his voice snapped me out from my thoughts.

 

“Oh.. I’m Vincent.” Vince stretched out his hand and shook hand with everyone.

 

“Are you on the same grade with us? How come we never saw you before..” Kyujong asked him.

 

“I rarely show my face at school because I’m not that healthy.. Keep going to the hospital.. But luckily it’s getting better now..” He said with a straight face like he was already planning it before.

 

“Kyujong.. Right?” He said to Kyujong, Kyu nodded. “I’ll be staying over at your house okay? Is that okay?” Vince asked him.

 

“What?” I whispered at Vince.

 

“Easier for you to train..” He said to me, and said, “Pleasee??”

 

“I’m okay with that, but you should ask hyung too..” Kyujong said, pointing at me.

 

“Oh, he’ll be just fine with it..” He placed his arm around my neck. “Can I borrow him for a moment?” He asked them, or actually he’s asking Lea on purpose. And dragged me away.

 

“What are you doing? Staying at my home? And what training?” I blurted it all.

 

“I’m not here just to babysit you with my your and my power. You need to learn how to use it.” He sighed. “Follow me.” He said and walked to the gym. The gym was empty when we arrived, which was an unusual case. Whenever is it, there must be one or more people at the gym, playing. But now it’s empty.

 

“Where’s the ring?” He asked and I took out my ring. He gripped it with his left hand and touch my forehead with his right thumb. “What t-“ I stopped when he said something in a different language.

 

A circle was formed around us. A familiar symbol that I’ve seen before, but I just couldn’t remember.

 

“Okay.. I’ve transferred my power to that ring.. So I’m just a normal high school student now, powerless. But, it’ll depend on you too, if you want me to fight, I’ll fight. I you don’t want me to fight, I won’t.” He said. I couldn’t really understand what’s he talking about. But maybe I should listen until he’s finish.

 

“This.. is our contract symbol.. Every contractors and his spirit had a different symbol.. You have one too, on your right back, while mine was on the left. ” He said as he pointed to the circle and show me his symbol.

 

“Why didn’t you do this 3 weeks ago?” I asked him.

 

“It has to be held right on your 18th birthday.. Jeez.. I should really come at this time, not 3 weeks ago..” He sighed.

 

“What now?” I asked again. I don’t even know what to ask. A thousand, maybe a million questions were filling up my mind.

 

“First training.. Oh, put the ring on..” He said. I put it on my index finger and warmth were going all over my body and the circle around me was glowing. “Now, concentrate..” He said.

 

“Concentrate? On what?”

 

“On your girlfriend.” He said with a straight face. “On your ring of course..” He sighed. These things are new to me. It’s not just new, I’ve never imagine that I would be in a situation like this, not even in my wildest imagination. And concentrate on the ring, how in the earth I could do that.

 

“Then concentrate on that chair over there..” He pointed at the chair near the exit. “Just imagine what you could do with it.” He said.

 

What? Sit on it? Lift it up? As I imagine a chair floated in the air.

 

Within seconds, the chair was really really floated. I couldn’t even believe my sight.

 

“Whoa..” I mumbled.

 

“That’s the point of our power.. Just think about it, it’ll happen like what’s on your thought. See?” He said, pointing at the chair. The chair fell down from the air as we heard the door was opened.

 

“Hyung? Vince? What are you doing? What’s.. that?” Kyujong said as he pointed at the circle.

 

“Aish, why did you stop.. Move away..” I heard Lea was talking. “You? What in the hell is that?” She asked the same question like Kyujong. Everyone came in one by one. Looked both confused and startled.

 

What should I do?

 

-----------------------

 

I do not own the emblem~ :D

Happy reading :)