I've never liked a matchmaker

Bonds of reason

Chapter 21 – I’ve never liked a matchmaker.

 

Okay, I finally know something behind this ring. But come on.. Sorcery? It was no time to joke for that.

 

“I know that you wouldn’t believe it. Like I’ve said, I couldn’t believe it at first. But you’ll know it later. She mentioned something about the eighteenth birthday.” She said like she could read up my mind. No. Sorcery? I feel so stupid right now. How could a thing like that even exist? About the eighteenth birthday? What’s wrong with it? I’ll reach the age of eighteen by next month.

 

“O..kay then..”

 

“Uhm.. Maybe you should listen more..” She said, straighten up on her seat and continue. “It’s not the sorcery that you imagine.. Not like the one that shows on TV, fire, water and lightning things like that. Yours is another type of sorcery. The power that lies on each ring are different.” She explained. There’s no way my mom told her the detail about those things.

 

“Each? Do you mean there’s more of this thing?” I asked her.

 

“Yes, but it was spread all over the world you know.. There are 6 sacred rings all over the world. And within it, lies different kinds of sorcery.”

 

“6? And this is one of it? How did you know all this?”

 

“Don’t worry, I was once a historian.. I remembered I’ve studied about that ring too. Let’s continue..” She said.

 

“The sorcery that lies on that ring was none like a magic. Well, it’s a magic. But you couldn’t call it a magic though. It only worked if your mind and that means your knowledge..” She touched my head.

 

“Works together with your heart..” Then she touched my chest. “Well, you’ll know it once you’re eighteen..”

 

“Could I ask another question?” I asked her. Questions started to filled up my mind after hearing what she just told me.

 

“Yea, sure. Anything.”

 

“How could you know so much about this ring?”

 

“Silly boy, you really think that it’s just a normal ring that passed down through your family? You could even googled it.” She chuckled. Googled it? Seriously? Maybe I should try it later on.

 

“Oh, I should go now..” I said, getting up from my seat.

 

“See you

 

“Why did you tell me about.. Your husband was the one who killed my family even though you’re his wife. You didn’t even know me before right?”

 

“Because I could feel it. I could feel that I could trust you..” She smiled at me.

 

“See you later then..” I said to her and she gave me another hug.

 

“Hyunjoong..” She called when I almost went out from the house.

 

“Why didn’t you hate me? Even though you know I’m the murderer’s wife?” She asked me.

 

“Hate. Wouldn’t make anything clear. What’s the point of hating? And just like I’ve said before. The truth, that’s all I want to know..” I smiled back at her after I said my answer. The answer that I realized as I grew up. Even if I hate her, that wouldn’t change anything. My family wouldn’t appear in my life anymore. And that’s the point. The point for me for not hating.

 

“Oh, and could you do me a favor?” I asked her. She just nodded and motioned me to go on. “Don’t tell Lea that you know about me and my past. Just act like I’m someone new in front of her. Is that okay?” I knew this would sound stupid, but I need to say this.

 

“Sure.. Why? You fell for her already?” She asked, chuckling.

 

“Just.. a personal favor..” I gave her a faint smile and then leave. Fell for her? I couldn’t even doubt my heart anymore.

 

I went back to the hospital. Visiting Kyujong would be better rather than being alone at home.

 

“Hyunjoong hyung? I heard Jungmin called me on my way to Kyujong’s room. I looked back and found him with Kim.

 

“Oh, you’re here too.. Hi Kim..” I said to them and Kim waved her hand at me. I think they’re not dating yet. They’re not even holding hands.

 

“Hyung, kaja.. I think Youngsaeng hyung, Hyungjun, Xin and Al are still waiting there, they arrived since an half an hour ago..” Jungmin said and pushed me to Kyujong’s room.

 

“Unnie stop!! Al! Help me!” I heard Lea’s voice from Kyujong’s room when I was only in front of the door.

 

“Oh God..” Lea said, losing her balance when Youngsaeng opened the door because he knew that we came and Xin was tickling her.

 

“Hyung watch out!” Jungmin said when Lea fell into my direction, but it was too late. She fell onto me and I fell together with her with her on top of me.

 

“Aw..” She mumbled.

 

“Yah, I should be the one who said that!” I said.

 

“It’s not like I fell on purpose!” She said again, raising her voice.

 

“But you only said ‘Aw’ instead of say sorry..!” I argued.

 

“Hyung.. What hap-?” Hyungjun came out from the room and looking at us. “Hyung.. It’s okay to argue.. But, it doesn’t look right if you’re arguing on that position..” He pointed and me and Lea who were still on the floor. We got up immediately.

 

“I was mumbling, not saying!” She said, continuing our argument.

 

“Aish, it’s no use talking to you..” I said and went in sitting on the couch while Joelle was looking at me. Then they all came in, Youngsaeng sat beside me with Xin, with Lea beside her. Hyungjun, Al, Kim, and Jungmin sat on the other couch. Kyujong was sleeping again, hugging his teddy.

 

“Waeyo?” Joelle asked. Looking at Lea and then at me.

 

“Ask her.” “Ask him.” We said on the same time. She’s just like what I’ve remembered. An energetic girl with her loud voice and high temper.

 

“Aigoo.. You two really match each other..” Youngsaeng said and Xin just chuckled.

 

“Match? With him? Oh please..” She said.

 

“Who want to be matched with you? A high tempered with ultrasound voice girl.” I said to her. Why is it always her. I always argued with her, and things that I wanted to know are connected with her. And we’re also childhood friends.

 

“High tempered? Oh, look at yourself before complaining.” She said. I just looked at Kyujong who was still sleeping like a dead person. I never saw him sleeping like that before. Because he would wake up over a little tiny noise.

 

“Is this how you thank me for bringing you to the health unit earlier??” I asked her.

 

“Health unit? Why?” Al asked.

 

“She passed out.” I said to her.

 

“Passed out? Are you sure you’re okay now Lea?” Al asked her and she nodded. “Waeyo oppa?” Al asked me again.

 

“The nurse said she had an anemia, I couldn’t believe a high tempered could have an anemia..” I said.

 

“Were you really helping me earlier? You didn’t sound like you really wanted to help me.” She started again. She was right, at first I didn’t really think of helping her. But I got to know some of the truth between me, myself and her.

 

“Thanks to Youngsaeng that I did.” I glared at Youngsaeng who was still chuckling, looking at our argument.

 

“Aish.. Maybe I should go home now.. I couldn’t stand that guy over there.” She said, throwing a glare at me.

 

“Fine then, go away.” I said. She said a goodbye to Al, Joelle, Kim and Xin, and also the boys. Except me. God, she’s so arrogant.

 

“Hmm.. Looks like that we have to put more effort on them..” Youngsaeng said to Xin.

 

“No oppa.. I’ll believe they’ll get together as time goes on..” She whispered the last sentence to Youngsaeng’s ear.

 

“Yah, I heard that.” I said to her, she just chuckled.

 

“Oppa, why do you seemed on a bad term with her?” Kim asked me.

 

“Uh, she made a really bad first impression..” I said to her.

 

“But oppa.. According to my observation.. Love begins from the couple’s little fight.. Or something like that..” Kim said. Love begins from the couple’s little fight? But this one actually begins since a long ago. But looking at her attitude to me was just making me feel stupid of my feeling for her.

 

“There’s no way that’ll be happening.” I said and she just gave a teasing smile at me.

 

“We’ll see..” She said.

 

*riing riing* “What?” I said on the phone. It was Klaude.

 

“Yah! You should thank me for finding the culprit okay?”

 

“You found him?“I shouted.

 

 “Uhuh.. You should come home now, I asked for a copy of the video..”

 

“Arasso.. See you in 20 minutes.” I hung up and found out that 7 pairs of eyes were looking at me.

 

“What?” I asked them.

 

“What did you find hyung?” Jungmin asked.

 

“I’ll tell you later, I need to go now..” I said and took my leave.

 

-20 minutes later-

 

“Klaude!! Where are you??” My voice echoed in the house.

 

“Audio room!!” He shouted. I went to the audio room which was just a few meters from my room. “Look.. That’s the one who stabbed Kyujong..” He said, pointing at a man on his 20s.

 

“Could you close it up?”

 

“Here.. Could you see it clearly?” He said. I focused on the screen. Trying to see the face clearly.

 

“Huh?” I mumbled. Seems like I’ve saw him somewhere before. But when? Who is he?