Feeling vs mind

Bonds of reason

 

Chapter 12 – Feeling vs mind.

 

“Kyujong, head down!!” I shouted as I ran onto him and pulled him to my side and bullet came through the window.

 

“What was that??” He asked. As I took out a gun from under my pillow.

 

“Hyung! You hid a gun under your pillow?” He asked. But I was concentrating at that sniper at the tree. Pull the trigger, aim, inhale then exhale. And gave it a shot. I could see someone fell from the tree. Good thing I had a silencer with my gun.

 

“Where did you learn that?” Kyujong asked.

 

“Father taught me.. Take it, you need something to defense yourself.. You know how to use it right?” I pointed at the gun on my bed. He nodded.

 

“What about you?” He asked when I led him outside.

 

“You need it more than I do.. Come on..” I was checking all the windows, checking if  there might be more snipers.

 

“Go in first..” I said when we were in front of father’s work.

 

“What the? Why are you holding a gun?” I could hear he asked Kyujong.

 

“A sniper aimed this kid head..” I said to him.

 

“What? Where?” He asked in panic.

 

“My room.. But that one’s down already.. I don’t know if there’s the rest of them..”

 

“Wait here.. Don’t go anywhere.. Stay here, both of you..” He said and went out from the room.

 

“Danny!!” He shouted his butler’s name.

 

“Hyung, what’s going on for real..” He said.

 

“You’ve heard it.. A sniper aimed at your head..”

 

“No.. I mean why..” He said again.

 

“How should I know? Or maybe that sniper was trying to kill me.. No way someone would want to kill you..”

 

“What’re we going to do now?”


”Sit and wait. Wait until father’s back..” I motioned him to sit down. “Aish.. Put that down.. It’s dangerous if you keep playing with it..” I pointed and the gun on his hand, he put in on the table.

 

“Hyung, could you continue what you’re going to tell me before?” He asked.

 

“Where was I?”

 

“Lee family?”

 

“Oh.. Right.. Well, it’s Lee family who set up the assassination of my family.. And..” I was going to tell him about Lea, but I changed my mind. It’s my problem not his.  He shouldn’t get involved. He nearly got killed if I didn’t see the infrared.

 

“And what?”

 

“Nothing..”

 

“Come on, didn’t you said you’ll tell me what I want to know?” He said.

 

“I said, I’ll tell you what you NEED to know, not what you want to know..” I stressed at the word NEED. Sometimes this kid is so slow.

 

“God, it’s so hard to find snipers at night..” I could hear Danny’s voice. He came in with father.

 

“How was it?” I asked.

 

“4 snipers.. 1 at your room, 1 at Kyujong’s, and 2 and the lobby..” Danny answered.

 

“Wow.. Who sent them?”

 

“They wouldn’t say it. They keep their mouth shut..” Danny said again.

 

“Dan, you should always keep an eye okay? I’ll blame you if anything’s happen to one of them.. Tell your brother too..” Father said referring to Klaude. Danny and Klaude are brothers. Blood brother. Danny is older by 3 years from Klaude.

 

“Aish.. Okay..” Danny said and went out.

 

“Kyujong-ah, go back to your room.. Hyunjoong, stay here.. We need to talk..” Father said and Kyujong went to his room.

 

“Why would someone aimed at him?” He asked. I just shook my head. “Did you hide something from me?”

 

“No.. It’s just.. Kyujong already know about.. Me..”

 

“He knew? How?”

 

“He heard our conversation earlier.. He was standing right beside the door.” I said, he sighed and motioned me to go back to my room and I took my leave. Life is already hard, don’t make it even harder. I’ve always heard that phrase, but it’s not me who make it even harder. It’s not me who searched for problems, but the problems always finds me.

 

*riing riing* “Hello?” Someone called me right after I reached my room.

 

“Hyung..” Jungmin said, his voice was.. something I couldn’t describe. Despair? Sad?

 

“Wae..?” I asked.

 

“I’m not sure if I could continue my relationship with Lea..”

 

“Why?”

 

“Kim keep appearing on my sight.. Hyung.. I think I..”

 

“You what?”

 

“I think I still love her like I always do.. I think I still love Kim..” He said, lowering his voice.

 

“Well, if you think it’s the best for you, just do it.. I’m sure your girlfriend will understand..” I said, I could hear he let out a deep sigh.

 

“Arasso hyung.. Could you meet me tomorrow at 12 o’clock at the usual place?” He asked.

 

“..Sure..”

 

“See you tomorrow hyung..” He said and hung up. Maybe I should work as a love consultant. Or something connected with love. These boys.. Keep saying about I love her, but I love her too, or I think I still love her, or I think I love her. Whatever.

 

“Hyung.. Otokke.. So many things happening at the same time..” I said to my family’s photo at my bed side. I let out a deep sigh and when straight to sleep while facing the window, looking at the peaceful moon hanging on the sky.

 

-The next day-

 

“Hyung!! Wake up!!” I could hear my walking alarm shouted. Kim Kyujong. Why he always interrupted my peaceful sleep. I looked at the clock, it’s 10 am.

 

“What now? It’s weekend, we don’t have class..” I said and buried my head onto the pillow.

 

“I know.. but.. A murcielago hyung!!”

 

“What? But we only have a Gallardo in this house and it’s yours right?” I was still confused of this fuss he made, but really. There’s only one yellow Lamborghini in the house.

 

“Yes! But there’s a murcielago parked at the garage hyung!!” He pulled me off the bed and dragged me outside.

 

“Slow down!!” I said when he was moving in the speed of light.

 

“Hyung! Hurry up!!” He shouted. My mind hasn’t awake yet. Everything went so slow inside. My mouth hanging open when I arrived at the garage.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.. It’s just arrived an hour ago..” Klaude said.

 

“It’s.. It’s mine?” I said while looking at the black Lamborghini murcielago. I could see Klaude nodded.

 

“God, you’re really the best butler in the world..” I said to him and went to my new car.

 

“Hyung, it’s yours? No fair.. What happened to your Aston Martin anyways? You only said it’s gone..” Kyujong said.

 

“The Aston Martin exploded.. Boom..” I said to him while he went over to me. We admire every inch of that car. No, every millimeter..

 

“Hyung, can I try??” He said almost in a baby tone.

 

“No.” I said and went in. He pouted and followed me in.

 

“What’re we going to do today?” he asked.

 

“I’m going to see Jungmin later, wanna go?” I asked, well.. I want to try my new car too.

 

“But, we’ll use your car okay??” he said.

 

“Yea.. Whatever..” I said and went back to my room to do my morning activities.

 

“Aish hyung.. Don’t be too moody.. It’s a beautiful day!”

 

“Everyday’s beautiful for you..”

 

“Yea, but today is more beautiful than the rest of these past days.” He said in an excitement.

 

“Wae?” I asked while brushing my teeth.

 

“Joelle agreed to go out with me tomorrow!!” He chuckled. Sometimes he looked like a little bit insane. He could show such excitement.

 

“Arasso, I’m happy for you..” I said after I finished with the brushing things. We spent the rest 2 hours with day dreaming, not knowing what to do and we’re too lazy to do some exercise. Too lazy to play around, we’re even lazy to turn on the X-box.

 

“Kaja..” I went to his room. He was busy talking on the phone.

 

“I got to go now.. See you tomorrow.. Love you.” He said the last words in whisper.

 

“Kaja hyung..” He said, he was all ready since 2 hours ago. I just shook my head when I heard him flirting with girls.

 

“Joelle?” I asked. He nodded and grinned widely. We went in my new car. I started the engine. I have a feeling that this car would be the best car I’ve ever tried.

 

“Hyung, you know what..”

 

“I regret that I chose Gallardo over Murcielago.. This is amazing!” He said when we’re on the road.

 

“Yea.. Good thing I have a butler like Klaude..” I chuckled and hit the gas until 120 kmph.

 

“Hyung.. Slow down..”

 

“What? It’s not like it’s your first time..” I said to him and the audio.

 

“Yea, but this is a main road. Every car in Seoul passed by this road..”

 

“Aish.. Arasso..” I slowed down until 80 kmph. We arrived at the mall in about 10 minutes because of the traffic jam.

 

“Usual place?” Kyujong asked me. I nodded and we went to the coffee shop near the entrance.

 

“It’s okay Jungmin.. Just tell me, I wouldn’t be mad or hate her or something. But I would appreciate it if you’re honest to me..” I could hear Lea’s voice. I stopped right away after I heard those lines. Kyujong almost bumped on me because he was busy texting all over the way.

 

“Wae?” He said in such a loud voice, so I should covered his mouth so he wouldn’t interrupted them or anything. I pointed at Lea and Jungmin. He just mouthed an O.

 

“She’s my first love.. Lea, I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry..” Jungmin said.

 

“No, it’s okay. I believe she’s way better for you than I am. I’m really happy for the times we spent together even though it’s short. We’re still friends aren’t we?” She said, I could see tears started to form in her eyes.

 

“Yea, of course..” Jungmin said.

 

“So, I got to go now Jungmin sshi.. I guess I just call you Jungmin sshi from now on..” she gave him a weak smile. And went outside. She bumped onto me when she was already outside.

 

“Oh, sorry..” She said without even looking at me. I could feel something here inside, something that made me feel strange when I saw here crying. I really wanted to chase her and calm her, but who’s she to me? She’s just my friend’s girlfriend. But, even though my mind said so. I could feel something inside protesting of what my brain thinks.

 

What’s this feeling?