A wrong truth

Bonds of reason

Chapter 47 – A wrong truth

 

“Oppa?” Haerin said when our eyes met.

 

“Run.” I said and I grabbed Lea’s hand and ran off somewhere. I don’t know why, but it’s my first reaction when I saw that witch. To take Lea away from her.

 

“Wae? Stop..” She said and shrugged me off. When we were in a silent corridor of the department store.

 

“I’ll tell you later.. But could you trust me?” I asked her. It just blurted out from my mouth.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Could you trust me? Even if you’ll never trust me anymore.. But could you trust me just for this one time?”

 

“Wae? What are you talking about..” She said.

 

“Could you trust me?” I said, looking straight at her eyes.

 

“Yeah.. I think I could..” She said, avoiding the eye contact.

 

“Please Lea, assure me..”

 

“Fine. I trust you.. What now?” She said, sounded irritated.

 

“Just.. Don’t believe what that witch tell you okay?” I said to her.

 

“Why? She’s your girlfriend right?” She said, slowed down at the word “girlfriend”.

 

“Why did you get all the conclusions by yourself.. You don’t even give me a chance to explain and now you’re saying that she’s my girlfriend.” I said.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” She raised her voice a bit.

 

“What’s wrong with you? You’re making all the conclusions by yourself. And none of them are true.”

 

“Aish.. You changed my mood into a bad one in just a minute! Whatever. Forget it, I think we should get going..” She walked away, but I grabbed her hand. And again. She shrugged me off.

 

“What’s up with you today?!” I said.

 

“What’s up with me? The problem is you. Not me. You’re the one who changed the mood all of a sudden.” She said.

 

“Aish.. We’ll talk about this later.. But now we should go out from this place..” I gave in. It’s no use to argue with her.

 

“You go first.. I need to buy something for appa..” She said and off somewhere. I wanted to say I’m coming with her, but she just went away without looking back.

 

 

-Later at Lea’s house-

 

 

“When will she come back home..” Umma mumbled and took the phone.

 

“Just let her be.. I believe she’ll be home in a few minutes.. What the..” Appa said to umma while playing chess with me. And he got a checkmate from me.

 

“Did you cheat?” He asked, still looking through the chess board.

 

“Wae.. Do you want to start it over?” I asked him.

 

“No.. My brain is not working right when my stomach is empty.. Come on let’s eat..” He said and went to the dining table.

 

I feel that something’s not right. I don’t know it’s either me or something’s really happening. And I have a bad feeling for it.

 

*Ding dong* “Ah.. She’s finally home..” Appa said and went to open the door.

 

“Aish.. Where were you little girl.. We’ve been waiting for you..” He said and messed her hair.

 

“It’s nothing.. I just went to meet someone..” She said in a low voice.


”Waeyo? Why do you seem so down?” Umma said after placing a few plates of food on the table. And I’m still at my place, listening to their conversation.

 

“Aigoo.. What are you doing there? Come on.. I’m dead hungry..” Appa said to me.

 

“I.. I’m not hungry.. I’ll be in my room..” Lea said and went upstairs.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Umma mumbled.

 

“Go and ask her what happened..” Appa told me.

 

“Why me?” I asked.

 

“What do you mean why? She’s your girlfriend.. Or.. You two are having a quarrel?” He said while eating the chips he took from the counter.

 

Right. They don’t know it. That we were over. And he just said that I’m her boyfriend. I really wish that words came from Lea’s mouth.

 

I went upstairs and knocked on her room.

 

“Lea?” I managed to call out.

 

No answer.

 

“Hey.. Your parents are waiting for you.. Could you just go downstairs?” I said, but still no answer from her.

 

“I’m sorry for what I said earlier okay? So could you please go out now?” I said again. There’s still no answer.

 

“Yah! Are you-“ I stopped after I opened the door and found her standing at the balcony.


”Have you ever got hurt by someone?” She asked after I took a few steps in.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Have you ever got hurt?” She asked again.

 

“I am now..”

 

“How is it like? Because my heart ached so much so that I feel like my heart is empty and couldn’t be filled anymore..” She said. I was startled by her words. She said it in a soft tone, but the words she just said pierced through my heart.

 

“What are you talking about?” I managed to ask.

 

“It’s nothing.. You could go downstairs.. I don’t feel so well..”

 

“Hey, are you really-“ I wanted to asked, but she stopped me and said.

 

“Don’t come any closer.. Please.. I don’t want to get hurt by the same person twice..”

 

“You went to met her didn’t you..” I said, knowing what’s going on.


”It doesn’t matter who I met with.. But I think the truth is just too painful.” She gave me a weak smile.

 

“What truth? What did she tell you?”

 

“It’s nothing..”

 

“Lea.. I think I should explain it now..”

 

“It’s no use.. Even if you explained everything to me, it’s no use.”

 

“Listen..”

 

“What should I do after I listened to you?” She asked in a clearer voice now.


”You don’t have to do anything. Just listen and you’ll know the truth..”

 

“And what should I do after I know the truth? Congratulate you and her because you two are having a child soon?”