I never like knife

Bonds of reason

Chapter 15 – I never like knife.

 

I woke up because of the morning sun that came through the window to my room. It was 11 o’clock in the morning. I wasn’t feeling right because my walking alarm did not wake me up. I looked at my desk on my way to the bathroom and found something was missing. But I didn’t know what’s missing.

 

I went out from the bathroom, still thinking of something that missing. I walked to the door and found it unlock, but I’m sure I locked my room every night and 7 days. Wait. Lock? Key? I ran to my desk. My car key!? I couldn’t found it anywhere there, and I was sure I put in on the desk. There was a note beside the key spot.

 

Hyung, I’ll borrow your car okay? Hehe~

 

Kyu Jong

 

“Kim Kyu Jong.. Wait until you get home..” I mumbled. I went out from my room and searched for Glenn, Kyujong’s butler.

 

“Oh, there you are.. Do you know where did Kyu go?” I asked him when I found Glenn was in the kitchen, preparing lunch for himself. He was a chubby, cute guy. But he never gets fat even though he ate a lot like me and Kyujong, all those fats only goes into his cheek.

 

“No.. But he did leave his car key, saying that you might need it..” He said while stuffing small tomatoes into his mouth.

 

“Where? I mean the key..” I said when he was questioned.

 

“Iw’f on hiws woom..” He said while chewing all those tomatoes on his mouth.

 

“Huh??” I asked. Iw’f on hiws woom. It’s on his room? Right, his room. “Ah.. Arasso.. Anyway.. could you make some more for me? I’m dead hungry..” I told him and went upstairs. I don’t even know what’s he making, but everything that he makes, would be just incredibly delicious.

 

“Key.. key. Ah, there it is..” I said to myself when I was in his room, searching for his car key.

 

“Hyunjoong-ah!! I’ve done!! Go here and eat!!” Glenn shouted from downstairs. I changed my clothes before I went downstairs. I need refreshing.

 

“What is this?” I said, pointing at something like a red porridge served with French bread.

 

“Just try them..” He said, rolling his eyes.

 

“How should I eat it? Dipped the bread into this?”

 

“What do you think? You’re smart enough..” He said. This kid, just the same as Kyujong. I ate a spoonful of the soup, maybe it’s a soup, I don’t really know it. The taste was like.. I couldn’t describe it.

 

“How was it?” He asked me.

 

“You’re doing a good job like usual.. But, just a little bit too sour..” I said and took another spoonful of it.

 

“Oh, maybe I put too many tomatoes on it.. Want some more?” He asked, I just nodded. He’s the best cook I’ve ever known. He added some more into my bowl.

 

“Arasso, anyway.. Could you tell Klaude to release Dorry for a while? He had been tied up since 3 days ago..” I asked him. But he made such expression.

 

“You know.. The only one that Dorry listens to is you.. Do you want him to beat me and Klaude up?”

 

“Come on.. He’s just a dog..”

 

“A dobberman. Release him yourself if you want to..” He said and went back to the kitchen. See, sometimes I couldn’t differentiate him and Kyujong. I went outside after I finished and went to Dorry’s place.

 

“Hey boy..” I patted his head. Even though he’s a dobberman, he’s just like a mini pomp to me. I release the strap on his neck. And he jumped on me.

 

“Hey, I got to go now.. You could play around, but don’t go inside okay? Come back here after an hour..” He nodded and me with his tounge. Ugh.. Bad dog. Did you ever saw a dobberman his master?

 

“Don’t be naughty!” I said and left him on the patio. I went in the car and went to the coffee shop that I visited yesterday. I saw my car parked near the elevator when I reached the basement. Kyujong must be here. I went inside the mall, but I saw someone familiar with her ponytail tied up. Lea? I followed her, she went to a chinese restaurant and sat with a middle aged guy.

 

“What do you want dad?” She said right after she sat in front of him.

 

“Hey, did you lose your attitude after living with your mother?” He said, but she just sighed.

 

“You’re the one that made me lose my respect to you.” She said, looking straight at his eyes.

 

“Enough, don’t talk about this anymore. You know Kim Hyunjoong right?” Her expression changed when my name was spoken. Just the same as me, my heart beated faster when he said my name.

 

“Just get to the point.” She said.

 

“I want you to get near him.” Her dad said. What was he thinking?

 

“What?? Why should I?” she said again. Yea, why should her. But I felt strange though. Do I want to get close to her?

 

“You’re the next in line of the Lee. The only one that I could lean on is you. I need you to get near that kid and bring his ring to me, you will know which ring I meant.” He said, my hand moved automatically to my chest, holding my ring tightly.

 

“What was all this about? Money? Just like the reason why you married mother. And in the end you ditched her off.” She said with a flaming eyes.

 

“Hey, I’ve told you to not talk about it anymore.” So. Is it really about money? How could a ring make such money. Almost everyday people trying to kill me to get this ring.

 

“I should’ve known what’s your intention for inviting me here. I’ll take my leave. And don’t you ever wish that I will go near that guy for your selfish purpose.” She said and walked out from the restaurant. Glad that she didn’t notice me. I didn’t have the mood to go to the coffee shop anymore. I went straight to the carpark. But I saw Kyujong was walking towards my car with someone following him from behind. That person was holding a knife.

 

“Andwae!!”