Objections

Bonds of reason

 

Chapter 36 - Objections

 

“Yah, the doctor’s out..” I nudged her, and what came to my surprise was she’s already awake.

 

“How’s she?” She came up to the doctor.

 

“She’s fine.. The operation went well.. Don’t worry too much..” The doctor said and left. She sat back on the seat.

 

“Better now?” I asked her.

 

“De, thanks.. For bringing umma here and.. For trying to calm me down earlier..” She said to me.

 

“Yeah.. welcome..” I mumbled, both disappointing and happy moments are happening together. And my feelings are in a mess now.

 

“Where are you going?” She asked when I walked away.

 

“I’ve got something to do.. I’ll visit again later, or tomorrow maybe..” I said and took my leave.

 

*riing riing*

 

“Yah, didn’t I tell you to call me right after you’re done?” I was talking to Vince.

 

“It’s easy for you to say.. It drained my energy so I fell asleep earlier..” He said.

 

“How was it? It went well?”

 

“Pretty well.. And he’s still unconscious.. What should we do if he woke up? He’ll be like a stupid person that looking for his wife and daughter..”

 

“What do you expect.. Anyway, sorry for requesting such a stupid favor, because I thought erasing his memory of some things would be better than killing him.. And uhm.. Bring him to the hospital..” I stopped. “Just take him to umma’s room..” I said and hung up.

 

Should I went back in now? Aish.. Everything happened so fast.

 

“Oppa?” I heard someone called me.

 

“Kim? Jungmin?” I said after I turned around and saw they were standing next to each other.

 

“Why are you here?” Jungmin asked.

 

“Oh.. Something happened.. What about you?”

 

“I’m visiting my aunt..” Kim said.

 

“Arasso.. See you later..”

 

“Hyung, where are you going?” Jungmin asked me, I knew he’s hiding something from me.

 

“Just call me if you need me..” I said to him and waved at them. I drove back to my house. Thinking of what happened before and what should I do next. “Jeez.. Why couldn’t you let me to make it easily..” I spoke to the emptiness in front of me.

 

“Klaude?” I mumbled when I saw a figure in the darkness, walking around the garage.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked him, he was in his PJs already. And it’s so weird if we saw someone walked around the garage with his PJs on.

 

“You’ll know one you come in.. Hey, can I sleep in your car?” He asked.

 

“You’re going to sleep here?”

 

“Yeah.. I’ll be bitten by a piranha if I came in, so I better sleep here..” He said and went to my car.

 

“Who?” I asked him.

 

“I’ve said it.. You’ll know it once you come..” He stopped, not looking at me, but something beside or behind me.

 

“Huh?” I mumbled then turned around and saw another figure behind me which made me startled.

 

“Father.” I said, shocked.

 

“I need to talk to you and your brother. My work, now.” He said and went in.

 

“Wow.. You knew it already when you don’t even come in..” Klaude said, leaning on my car. “What are you waiting? A ‘present’ must be waiting for you..” He smirked.

 

“Shut up.” I mumbled and went in, I know what will happen next and I’ll get a ‘present’ for sure. How could he be here anyways, he said that he will go somewhere for 2 weeks.

 

“Hyung, what happened?” Kyujong asked me.

 

“How should I know? You’re the one who at home,,” I said to him and we both walked to father’s work.

 

“Sit, both of you..”

 

“What is it dad?”

 

“First thing first.. You both would be graduating in 3 weeks right?” He said, we nodded.

 

“If you’re going to send me somewhere, I won’t agree.. I want to stay here..” Kyujong said.

 

“It’s for your own good..” Father said to him.


”I’m almost 18 now.. I can take care of myself..”

 

“Arasso, if that what you want.. I need to talk to your brother now..” Father gave in and told him to leave. Here comes the ‘present’

 

“No objection..” He said to me while I opened up my mouth to say something. No objection? He let Kyu stay here and he said he wants no objection from me? Jeez.

 

“But you let Kyu stay here..” I said.

 

“Yea, but your life is in more danger than his..” He said. I wanted to say no. Well, it’s not.. Anymore. But he wouldn’t understand even if I say it.

 

“And who’s this friend of yours? He’s staying here with you?” He asked.

 

“Just a friend..” I said with a straight face. Apart from being my trainer, Vince is just a friend. A freaking annoying one.

 

“Really? I’ll believe you..” He said. And sat in front of me. “And one more thing..”

 

Aish.. What now?

 

“I want you to stay away from Lee’s daughter.”