The Dinner

Bonds of reason

Chapter 29 -  The Dinner.

 

“Yah! I’m so sleepy!! Faster.. We’ve been hanging here for the past 4 hours!” Vince said from the other side of the room.

 

“What did you do?? You’re just sitting on the couch without doing nothing. What about me? I’ve done it once after 2 hours of trying. But you only said ‘Make a new one’..” I said to him as I was trying to concentrate for the hundredth times.

 

“Whatever, hurry up..” He said while doing the push ups.

 

“Aish..” I scratched my head.

 

“Wow! Wow! You’re almost there!” He shouted, when a little light was formed between my palm.

 

“Aish.. I’m going to cry soon..” I mumbled as Vince was sighing looking at the plasma that was almost formed disappear from my hand.

 

“Once more.. You’ll make it..” He said. And I repeated what I’ve been doing for the past 4 hours.

 

“Yah!! If you didn’t see this one, I’ll throw it at you..” I said without looking at him. I was distracted my the plasma on my hands.

 

“Hmm.. Nice one.. you could even make it one handed.. Like this.” He showed me his palm and a little piece of plasma was formed there.

 

*riing riing* “Yes?”

 

“Hyunjoong-ah.. Could you come over? I miss you..” Lea’s mum said on the phone. I’ve been visiting her about twice a week ever since. She’s treating me like her own son which make me feel comfortable.

 

“But Kyujong said Lea will be coming over to my house..”

 

“I’ve told her I’ll invite you over.. Be here at 6 okay?” She said then hung up.

 

“Oh.. It’s almost six! Bye Vince, got to go..” I said and ran as fast as I could from him.

 

“Kyujong-ah!! I’ll be going to Lea’s house!! Wanna come??!” I shouted at the top of my head.

 

“No!! Just go!! I’m having dinner with Joelle!!” Kyujong shouted back.

 

No Vincent for this night. I finally could do something at peace. I went to my car and started the engine. I almost freaked my heart out when Vince suddenly appeared right in front of my car, standing there with his hands on his waist.

 

“Wae? Move out..” I said to him.

 

“I’ll go with you, I’m hungry.. How could you left me alone there..” He sighed and went to the passenger seat.

 

“No.”

 

“No more plasma then..” He grinned. I acted like I don’t car, but actually I really love it, I love the feeling when I was holding the plasma.

 

“Come on.. I know you loved it..” He chuckled. I sighed and hit the gas. I really couldn’t win over this guy.

 

-At Lea’s house-

 

“Umma?” I called out. Then she came up to me from the kitchen greeted me with a hug.

 

“Your friend?” She smiled and Vince.

 

“I’m Vincent.. Just call me Vince if that’s okay..” He smiled at her.

 

“Wake Lea up, I bet she’s still sleeping.” Umma said to me, motioning me to go upstairs.

 

*knock knock* “Yah!! Wake up!! I’m hungry!!” I yelled while knocking the door, because if I only talked normally, she won’t wake up.

 

“Yah!” I hold the door knob and opened the door. It’s unlocked. “Wake up!!” I nudged her.

 

“No.. Still sleepy..” She mumbled and rolled over.

 

“We’re waiting for you! We’re going to eat!!” I said, pulling her off the bed. But she didn’t even try to lift her body up, so that made me lost my balance due to her weight.

 

She fall on top of me when her face was facing the other side. I could feel my heart was beating like there’s no tomorrow.

 

She turned over her face when suddenly her lips brushed over mine.

 

“Omo! Mianhe!” She said as she stood up and ran to her closet.

 

I stood up and walked downstairs. Couldn’t even think straight.

 

“Is she awake already?” Umma asked me.

 

“O-o-oh.. Y-yeah.. S-she’s.. aw-awake..” I stuttered. Why the hell I was stuttering. Jeez. Get a grip Kim Hyunjoong!

 

“Why.. are you stuttering?” Umma asked me.

 

“Oh.. N-nothing..” I stuttered again.

 

Come on Kim Hyunjoong!! Get a grip!

 

“Did something happen up there?” Vince gave me a big grin on his face.

 

“Not your business..” I said to him.

 

“You don’t have to say it.. I’ve known it already..” He smirked.

 

“You know?! How??” I almost popped my eyes out when I heard that he already knew.

 

“Something is really happening right? I was just teasing..” He laughed at his not funny joke.

 

“Oh.. Here come the princess..” He said as he was making fun of me.

 

Lea hid her face from me, I could that she’s blushing. Keeping her head down while eating.

 

“Are you not feeling well?” Umma asked her.

 

“A-a-anni...” She stuttered and threw a glance at me.

 

“What’s up with her?” Umma asked me.

 

“H-how should I know?” I stuttered too. It’s too obvious now.

 

“What’s wrong with you two??” Umma looked at us while Vince almost choked because he was laughing with a mouthful of food.

 

 

-Next day at school-

 

 

“Hey, isn’t it hot right now?” Vince teased Hyungjun and Al who was busy looking at each other.

 

“Waeyo?” Kimmy asked. She just transferred in our school by today. She’s in the same class with Al.

 

“Can’t you see a sun is sitting here with us?” I said to her. Only Vince and me who got the joke while the others were looking at us strangely as if we’re both crazy. When Hyungjun and Al were staring at us.

 

“Yeah.. What’s more is.. The sun is sitting with the moon.. How sweet could that be??” Vince grinned at Hyungjun and Al who were already blushing.

 

“What are you two talking about?” Youngsaeng asked.

 

“I’ll tell you later..” I chuckled and saw Hyungjun’s eyes got widened and mouthed a No at me.

 

“Money talks..” I whispered at him.

 

“Aish.. I’ll treat the both of you later..”

 

“Really?? That’s so sweet of you Hyungjun-ah..” I , actually I got surprised a bit when he reacted to my joke about the money.

 

“Come on, 15 minutes left until the next lesson..” Vince nudged me. Practice for 15 minutes. I’ve been practicing since I got home from Lea’s home until now where I stepped my feet on.

 

And about Lea, she hasn’t talk to me this whole day. Which made me worried, but maybe it’s only because of the yesterday incident.

 

“Why are you two always going out when the break is almost over?” Jungmin asked.

 

“That’s because I loved him so much..” Vince said and suddenly gave me a kiss on my cheek.

 

“YAH!! That’s freaking nasty!!” I wiped my cheek and yelled at him but he just grinned at me.

 

“Oppa, you’re making someone jealous..” Joelle said to Vince while looking at Lea.