Love stories

Bonds of reason

Chapter 14 – Love stories.

 

“What the.” I hit the brake when suddenly two cars went in front of my car and stopped, blocking the road.

 

“Was he sane?” Kyujong said. And ready to went out from the car. I stopped him, I really know what was going on. For the I don’t know what times already, when a car stopped me or blocked my road, something is really going to happen for sure. But still, I went out from the car, Kyujong followed me. He also went out from the car to look who’s in that car.

 

“Hyung, who are they?” Kyujong asked when bout four guys went out from those 2 cars, they’re wearing a really casual clothes with buffed up body. There’s muscles everywhere. They came up to us and I wouldn’t be confused of what’ll happen next. Two guys grabbed my hands, trying to dragged me away while the rest two went to Kyujong.

 

“Hyung, don’t tell dad that I fight okay?” He grinned at me widely. They picked the wrong person. Me and Kyujong. Would be the worst nightmare for them. Kyujong was already at his fighting stance. I loved to see him fighting, not in a real fight, like in a championship or something. I was like watching karate kid right in front of my eyes. But I couldn’t watch this time, I’ve got my own problems to take care.

 

I couldn’t find any stick or something that I could use as a weapon. My fighting skills with bare hand were not as good as Kyujong’s. “Hyung! Catch!” Kyujong threw a stick of wood at me. My mind suddenly went blank all of a sudden. Think Hyunjoong think.

 

-A few minutes later-

 

“Hyung, how could you beat them up so fast?” Kyujong asked after he took care of the last guy. I was able to watched karate kid for 3 minutes while I was sitting at my car’s hood.

 

“New technique?” I asked him, remembering the last move he used. The bad guy grabbed him from the back, and he was doing like a summersault or something and kick for the ending. He fought too fast.

 

“Yea, how was it? It’s been a long time since my last fight..” He said, stretching up his body. His last fight was about half a year ago, when he was involved with some problems with his friend. Even now, I still couldn’t find someone that could beat this black belt taekwondo boy. And he’s a nine dan at karate.

 

“Incredible as usual.. Nice job..”

 

“Hyung.. I wonder how could they be so stupid.. Even the driver went out for a fight..” He said, pointing at the cars and fainted bodies lying on the ground. “How should we supposed to move those cars?”

 

“Aish you, the key must be hanging on the key hole.. What’s the problem? Go, parked it on the side road.” I said while moving those guys aside.

 

“Arasso.. Kaja..” He said after parking the car aside.

 

“You drive.. Those guys are like a tank..” I gave him the key, I was extremely exhausted, it was like I was pushing a lot of tanks around.

 

“You sure? I might not be able to let it go after I try..” Kyujong grinned at me and went in the car.

 

“Try that and I’ll sell your Gallardo..” I said to him.

 

“I’m just joking okay.. But, maybe I’ll use your car sometimes..” He chuckled and we continued our way to Youngsaeng’s house.

 

*riing riing* “Waeyo Jungmin-ah?” Kyujong picked up his phone. “No, Nothing happened.. Just wait arasso?” He hung up. And sighed.

 

“That horse.. He never changed..” And sped up, we only need around 3 minutes to arrive at Youngsaeng’s house. Jungmin and Al was already playing while Hyungjun just sit on the bench watching those two. The score was.. 0-40? And it’s Al’s win.

 

“Wow, look who’s losing here..” Kyujong said, teasing Jungmin.

 

“Aish.. She’s a tennis athlete okay?” Jungmin said, pointing at Al with the racket.

 

“You’re a tennis athlete?” I asked her, she nodded.

 

“Yea, she’s going for a selection for French open next week..” Hyungjun said and sighed. He won’t be able to go out with Al for a moment. But, Al is a tennis athlete. How could she looked like a real model.

 

“Hyung! Wanna play?! She beat me up in 4 minutes!” Jungmin yelled from the other side. I shook my head, knowing that she’ll beat me up too like how she beat up Jungmin. Hyungjun couldn’t really play tennis so he just sat alone, looking at Kyujong who was now playing with Al.

 

“See, she beated you up too..” Jungmin said.

 

“Yea, but my score is way better than yours..” Kyujong smirked. Their phone rang at the same time right after Kyujong replied Jungmin.

 

“Oh, Kim..” Jungmin said, while Kyujong was saying, “Joelle! I missed you!”

 

“How’re you doing?” they both said. And Jungmin went inside the house while Kyujong walked through the patio. And Al went to the toilet, leaving me and Hyungjun behind.

 

“Hyung, I’ve been thinking about this thing this whole week..” He said to me.

 

“What?”

 

“Something’s going on right? I knew something’s going on with you.. Everything just went weird..”

 

“W-what are you talking about?” I asked him, a little bit shocked for what he just said.

 

“I know there’s something’s not right.. I knew you never get home at night. But I’ve once called you at night, and I mean night. And you’re not home. And I know you never went back home without telling us, but you went back a few days ago without even a nudge..” He said.

 

“You’re just getting sensitive.. Nothing’s wrong okay..” I said to him.

 

“But hyung, I know that you like murcielago so much.. And I know that you won’t change your Aston Martin without it got broken down or something did happen to your Aston Martin..” He said. He almost got me this time, but I remained silence.

 

“And who were those guys? I saw 2 card stopped in front of yours from my rearview mirror.. And some scary guys went out from those cars.” Okay, he got me this time. He wouldn’t just believe if I said it’s just some bad guys that asked for money.

 

“Well, even IF something did happen.. You don’t need to know, it’s not like that you’re not important or something. I just don’t want you to get involved okay. So, no more questions..” I stressed at the word if.

 

“Arasso, if that what you want.. But you know it, right hyung? You can always trust me..” He patted my shoulder. I gave him a smile, he’s our maknae. But sometimes he’s way wiser than us, his hyung. Just sometimes..

 

“Hyungjun oppa, could you send me home? I need more practice for next week..” Al said, while walking towards us, she changed her clothes already.

 

“Arasso, see you later hyung..” He said, I managed to say a something to him.

 

“You won’t get her heart if you use your old method, be a bad boy..” I whispered to him and winked at him. He just looking at me with questioned face. They took their leave right after. As for the rest 2. I don’t know what took them so so so long. A few minutes later, a taxi stopped in front of the gate and Youngsaeng came out from it.

 

“You’re still here? Where are the rest?” Youngsaeng asked when he saw me playing alone on his basketball court.

 

“I don’t know..” I said after doing a lay up.

 

“Huh? But I saw Jungmin’s car..” He took a ball a shoot a free throw.

 

“Game?” I asked. He just tilted his head and passed me the ball. We played for three quarters when finally Jungmin came out from the house and joined us.

 

“What took you so long? You’re on the phone for almost 2 hours already.. Do you expect me to wait here the whole day?” I said to him.

 

“Mianhe.. Just went too.. I meant I just went a bit enjoyed..” He said. I could see happiness from his face, but somehow it’s still looked sad or something.

 

“Anyway.. Who’s murcielago is it? The one that parked near the gate.” Youngsaeng asked.

 

“Mine..” I said when Jungmin teamed up with me, playing against Youngsaeng.

 

“Yours? To replace your Aston?” He stopped dribbling and Jungmin snatched the ball from him and went for a lay up. I nodded at Youngsaeng.

 

“Well, maybe I should search for Kyujong..” I said, leaving them behind. I looked around the patio, it wasn’t really big. It’s just like a mini forest with a mini waterfalls on it. The only way that I and Kyujong remembered of is the way to the waterfalls.

 

“Kyujong-ah! Kyuj-“ I stopped when I saw him sat under the tree near the waterfalls, he’s closing his eyes, more like thinking or calling for a peaceful moments.

 

“Yah! Who told you to stay here! I was waiting the whole 2 hours for you!” I nudge him.

 

“Hyung..” He opened his eyes, it looked somehow in a sorrow and painful.

 

“Waeyo?” I leaned on the tree while he told me about what happened.

 

“Joelle, she told me that she couldn’t go tomorrow.. She has got something to do with his boyfriend..” He sighed then chuckled. “Hyung, I’m such an idiot am I?” He said and closed his eyes once again.

 

“Hey, where’s our Kyujong that I knew for twelve years.. Don’t give up when you managed to go for someone..” I patted his back. “So, do you want to stay the whole night sitting there or come home with me?” I asked him. He chuckled and join me.

 

“You know hyung?” He asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’re the best.”