What promise?

Bonds of reason

Chapter 49 – What promise?

 

“Boss, here’s the file that you want.” One of the employee came to my room and handed me a stack of papers.

 

“Thanks..” I said and took the papers and reading through it. “I’ll go crazy soon..” I said after reading the statistics of the company.

 

“Hey.. Do you have the statistics?” Vince came to my office. In Canada, we share the same room for our office, because he insisted.

 

“It’s here..” I said, pointing at the stack of papers.

 

“Boss, you have a visitor.” That employee came back to my room. I never had any visitors before, even in Canada. It’s Vince that always has some visitors.

 

“Maybe it’s your friend..” I said to Vince.

 

“Did he mention his name? I don’t think that I have a meeting today..” Vince said to that employee.

 

“He didn’t mention his name, but he said he’s on of your relatives..” He said, pointing to Vince. See, it’s always him to have some visitors.

 

“Uh.. Tell him to come in this room, not mine okay..” Vince said, he was walking around.

 

“Who do you think the visitor is?” He asked me.

 

“How would I know? It’s your visitor.. Not mine.” I said to him and went back to my work.

 

“Something’s not right..” He said to me.

 

“What’s not right?” Said a familiar voice.

 

“How could you..” Vince said in disbelief.

 

“Come on brother, is that the way how you greet me after such a long time?” Someone said in a perfect English. I looked up, and found someone walked onto him. Wearing a hoodie, jeans and sneakers.

 

“Reo?” I said, he smiled at me.

 

“See. Even Hyunjoong greet me, or at least he mentioned my name..” Reo said to Vince.

 

“What do you want Reo? I don’t remember we have some leftover business..” Vince said. And then he sat on the couch. I was just looking at them, wanted to be a good audience.

 

“Yeah right.. We don’t.. I just wanted to visit the both of you, and to deliver some messages..” He said. “You’ve got a message from Rex..” He said, pointing at me.

 

“What? He’ll kill me?” I said.

 

“Oh, you got the point there..” He said and smiled at me again. “Well, I have to say something to you..” He talked to Vince, but Vince remained silent.


”Well, be prepare.. Okay? It’s for your own good.. I couldn’t do anything to help you even if I wanted to, because.. You know right.. We’re all bonded with the contract except you..” Reo said.

 

Questions started to popping in my head. Contract? Could it be the killing thing? And how could that they’re all bonded with the contract when Vince doesn’t? Aigoo.. I shouldn’t hear this thing at the first place. My curiosity is killing me.

 

“What is it now? You’re all making me to form a contract like how you all did? Don’t even think about it..” He said.

 

“It’s not about what we’re going to do.. But it’ll come up with a few choices on your hand. And, I hope you could differentiate which one is better and which one is not.” Reo said again.

 

“What does that mean?” I mouthed to Vince, he just shook his head.

 

“I’ll take my leave now.. I’ll see you two.. Hm.. Soon enough I think.” He said and left the room.

 

“Care to explain something?” I asked Vince, but still looking at my documents.

 

He sighed and said, “Do you really want to know?”

 

“Well, of course.. I’ve known you for five years now.. We’ve been living together, and I see your face about 365 days a year.. Of course I want to know..” I said.

 

“Which one do you want me to explain?”

 

“Everything.”

 

“I know. But which part first..”

 

“Contract?”

 

“Just as you know.. I was created by someone, so I’m not a biological creatures.. And there were five other like me that were created long before I was.” He stopped.

 

“Wae? Just continue..” I said to him.

 

“Rex is the second.. Vanessa is the fourth, and Reo.. He’s just 2 years older than me. And the other two.. I never really know them.. I’ve just met them about.. 5 or 6 times.” He stopped and thought a bit and continued.

 

“The contract.. It was formed right away after we were created.. It was once said that he, my creator wanted to make his last creation to be perfect, and that’s me. And yeah, I was told to kill.. I don’t even know why I couldn’t, but I think there’s some good point for not killing humans.”

 

“So the contract are all about killing humans?” I asked. I don’t know, but I still couldn’t believe that such thing like this even exist.

 

“No, it’s worse.. It’s to destroy..” He said. So.. The scenes that I saw a few years back was really really true?

 

“And how could you end up without a contract?”

 

“I don’t know.. They said I was bonded with the contract before, but it just went off.. No one knows..” He said.

 

“And?”

 

“And what?” He asked.

 

“What are you going to do now?”

 

“Just wait.. That’s what I’ve been doing for this whole life..”

 

“Wait for?”

 

“I won’t keep waiting if I know what is it okay.. But something that is bad is coming for sure.. “

 

“Oh.. Really?” I said with a straight face and went to work on my documents again. Really, I’ve spent the whole day sitting her and it’s not even done yet. I really think that I’ll go crazy within a week.

 

“Oh.. And promise me something..” He said.

 

“Promise? Do I really have to?”

 

“Yeah, No matter what will happen, you have to do it..”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Well, it’s..”