A visit to her house

Bonds of reason

Chapter 17 – A visit to her house.

 

“Yah! Wake up!” I said, nudging Lea who was still sleeping soundly. They told me to wake her up.

 

“Why don’t you wake her up yourself?” I asked Youngsaeng, he’s the one that forced me to do this.

 

“Wae.. Just wake her up.. It’s not hard..” He said, smirking at me. I just sighed and tried to wake her up again.

 

“Yah! Yah!!” I said, almost yelling already.

 

“W-what in the..” She finally said, rubbing her eyes.

 

“Come on out, the lovey dovey needs time together..” I said pointing at Kyujong and Joelle who were smiling at us. I don’t even know what’re they smiling for.

 

“Oh oppa, you’re awake..” She said. “Uhm.. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow Jo..” She said to Joelle, and Joelle nodded.

 

“Kyujong-ah.. Be a good boy arasso?” I said to him and left the room with the others.

 

“Hyung, I need to go home now.. Kibum needs my help..” Hyungjun said, it’s been a long time since the last time I heard about his younger brother.

 

“Oh my.. I’m doomed..” Youngsaeng mumbled.

 

“I promised her that we’ll having a dinner together today at seven..” He said. I looked at my watch. It was almost eight at night already.

 

“Well, you should go now then..” I said to him, he nodded and ran along the corridor while waving at us.

 

“I’ll go too.. See you later hyung, Lea, Kim, and you Mal..” He said and gave Jungmin a smirk. He left right after.

 

“Hyung, could you send Lea home? Because I need to send Kim home, or else I’ll got beaten by his brother.” Jungmin said to me, sending Lea home means that I would be left alone with her. And that’s a big no for me.

 

“Couldn’t you send her too?” I asked him.

 

“It’s already late, besides. Kim’s home is far far away from here.. And I need to go left from the traffice light if I want to send Kim home, while I need to go right if I want to send Lea.” He said. I shook my head a little, motioning Jungmin that I don’t want to send her home.

 

“Hyung.. Come on.. Could you imagine a pretty girl like her went home by herself at night?” He whispered to my ear, I just sighed. Why should they leave me alone with her.

 

“Well, see you later hyung, Lea.”

 

“I’ll guess I’ll see you sometime Lea, can I text you later?” Kim asked to Lea.

 

“Sure..” Lea nodded. “Arasso, see you later oppa..” Kim said to me and took her leave with Jungmin.

 

“So, where’s your home?” I asked her.

 

“Not far from here, I’ll show you the way.. IF you want to send me home.” She said, I think she got the point that I don’t want to send her home. But Jungmin’s right. First of all, she’s pretty. And it’s already late.

 

“It’s okay. My home is on the same direction as yours. Come on.” I said, and led her to where my car was parked.

 

“This is your car?” She asked. I just nodded and went in. We went out from the hospital a few minutes later because I was confused which one is my car’s key and which one is Kyujong’s.

 

“Are you always this silent?” She asked me when we almost reached the traffic light.

 

“Hm? No, not really.. Why?” I said, and again. I feel strange, especially we’re talking at ease like this.

 

“No, I just feel something’s not right when someone doesn’t talk to me at all.” She said. Yea, I didn’t talk to her. Being alone with her already made me feel uneasy.

 

“N-no.. Nothing’s wrong.. Where’s your house?” I asked, trying to change the topic.

 

“Go right at the first T-junction and then go left. You couldn’t change the topic.” She said, while I turned right at the first T-junction. “Well, I’ve said that you made a very very bad first impression, but I think you’re not bad at all..” She said again. Those words caught me.

 

“Oh, we’re here..” She said, pointing at the third house from bent. I stopped the car immediately. I could tell that her attitude is really different rather from the first I met her. We came out from the car, I was waiting until someone open the gate for her. I don’t even know why I was doing this, but my heart just said so.

 

“Lea, finally you’re home.. I was worried sick..” A middle aged lady came out from the gate to greet her.

 

“Don’t worry too much umma.. I was visiting my friend, he just got into the hospital..” She said and kissed her mum’s cheek.

 

“Uhm.. Who are you?” Her mum asked, looking at me.

 

“Oh.. I’m her.. Friend.. Just want to send her home.. I guess I should.. leave now..” I said, wanting to get in the car, but instead her mother told me to come in first. Which I couldn’t refuse.

 

“Anyway, what’s your name?” Her mother asked me.

 

“Oh, I’m Hyunjoong..” I said.

 

“Hyunjoong? Hm.. Just like someone I knew..” She said, those words sent a signal to my brain. Of course she knew me. I managed to not speak up even a word about my family’s name.

 

“I’ll be back in 15 minutes..” Lea said and went upstairs, leaving me alone with her mother.

 

“Have you eaten yet Hyunjoong sshi?” She asked from the kitchen.

 

“Oh, I-I’ve eaten already.. Thanks..” I lied. I haven’t eaten anything yet since Glenn made those strange but tasty tomato soup for me.

 

“Tea or coffee?” She asked again.

 

“Tea will do..” I said, and she came with a cup of tea and coffee on her hands.

 

“Uhm.. May I ask something?” I asked her.

 

“Hm? Sure..” She said, taking a sip of her coffee.

 

“You said, you know someone named Hyunjoong too right? May I know who’s he?” I asked. I just want to make sure if my thoughts are true.

 

“Oh, he’s my friend’s youngest child. A cute little boy with those clear eyes. But their whole family died because of..” She stopped. “Sorry, maybe I’ve talked too much..” She said and took another sip. That proved me right.

 

“Oh, no.. Don’t worry..” I said. Lea came down right after and sat beside her mother.

 

“How old are you Hyunjoong sshi?” Her mother asked me, there’s always so many question at the first meeting.

 

“I’m Eighteen..” I could be considered as eighteen. My birthday is somewhere near next month.

 

*riing riing* “Hello?”

 

“Hyunjoong-ah.. You better get back home now or your dad would gone mad.. And you better explain everything to him..” Klaude said to me on the phone. Everything? He knew about Kyujong already?

 

“Arasso..” I hung up.

 

“I’m sorry, but I need to go back home now.. My final exam is somewhere near..” I bowed to Lea’s mum and took my leave. I looked at her family’s photo near the front door. It was a photo when Lea was only a kid. With both her parents hugging her from behind. And like always, her hair tied in a ponytail. But I feel somehow nostalgic looking at the photo. I could’ve sworn I’ve seen it before. But there’s no way I’ve seen her family’s photo. I just knew this girl about 2 or 3 weeks, or even less than 2 weeks

 

“Come back here if you have time!!” Her mother yelled when I got in the car. I left their house at almost nine. It took me about 20 minutes to get home. There’s some traffic jam. And what came to my surprise was I could go home at peace. No one was following me, and trying to kill me or something. I parked my car beside Danny’s Mercedez.

 

The door was opened for me when I just wanted to hold the door knob.

 

“Father.”