Little thing

Bonds of reason

Chapter 38 – Little thing

 

(Third person’s POV)

 

It has been 5 years since Hyunjoong went to Canada for his study with Vince. 5 years since Hyunjoong and Lea were officially a couple. Hyunjoong went to visit them every 3 months. They were enjoying every moments they spent together before he had to go back to Canada. Hyunjoong finished his university in 4 years and had to run the company that he inherited from his family for a year. And of course, with Vince’s help. So he had to stay one more year in Canada until he could finally go back to Korea.

 

As for the others.

 

Started from Youngsaeng and Xin. Xin is now working at Youngsaeng’s dad company and is gaining trusts from everyone. Kyujong and Joelle were continuing their university together happily, and now they’re planning to engage. Joelle’s ex never showed up anymore after the day that Kyujong beat him up. So, they were doing really fine. Jungmin and Kim are now visiting Kim’s parents in Japan right after they graduated from university. And lastly the sunmoon couple, Hyungjun and Al. For information, they broke up a month ago. Hyungjun was caught kissing with another girl by Al with her very own eyes.

 

As for the last couple, Hyunjoong and Lea. Well, you’ll know what happened to them these past 5 years.

 

 

-Present time,

Canada-

 

 

(Hyunjoong’s POV)

 

“Boss, these are the forms that you need to sign. It’s our contract with the company you visited a few days ago.” One of the employee came up to me, handing me a thick form and I have to sign a tons of it.

 

“Could you give it to him? He’s not doing anything..” I pointed at Vince who was busily playing with my Xbox.

 

We were handling a very big project. They said it’s the biggest project that they ever handled. Thanks to Vince and me so that we’re able to won the deal.

 

“I’ve handed it to him, but he said to give it to you..” The employee said.

 

“What the..” Vince said when I turned off the Xbox with my power.

 

I’ve been training for these past 5 years. And now I could do many things without even touching it. Cool right? But Vince said if I overused it, my lifespan would be decreased. And that’s not even cool.

 

“Sign it..” I said to him

 

“Why don’t you sign it yourself?” Vince said.

 

“That’s my question.. Why don’t you sign it yourself? Can’t you see I’m doing your work right now and not mine?” I said to him. He got up and went to my desk, he took out a pen and signed all those forms. And the employee went out.

 

“Happy now?” He asked.

 

“Nope.. Not at all..” I sighed, got up from my seat and laid myself on the couch.

 

“Still in a cold war with her?” He asked me.

 

“She doesn’t even want to listen to me..” I said in a low voice.

 

So yeah, we’re in a cold war. Me and Lea. So, there’s a girl here, she framed me up and sending some freaking photos to Lea which I didn’t even know how, when, where did she take it. I don’t even know why did she know Lea’s address in Korea.

 

“But I still couldn’t believe that you could got framed up twice with the same girl..” He sighed at sat on my seat.

 

“Remember when I almost broke up with her? I don’t want to let things happened that way anymore..”

 

“Yeah, you’re fighting over a little thing right? I should’ve come back there.. But unfortunately these works are killing me..”

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“Yah! You’re not talking to me now?” I said to her. We were having vacation with the others. Vacation to enlighten up our mind. I just went back to Korea for 3 days and already having a fight with her over a little thing. It’s just because that I didn’t pick up her calls. But I’ve been busy these days.

 

“You’re really not talking to me?” I asked again. She didn’t even speak a word and she was now closing her eyes. I was a little bit worried. It’s so rare when she’s upset just because I didn’t pick up her calls, she could always tolerate that. Which what made me fall deeper for her. She tolerate my playfulness, and about me being a little ignorance.

 

I stood up and went to my room and found Kyujong and Joelle. Joelle was laying her head on Kyujong’s lap.

 

“What’s wrong with your friend?” I asked Joelle and sat on the couch.

 

“Come on oppa.. She’s your girlfriend..” She said.

 

“But I don’t know why she was that mad..”

 

“Hyung.. Can you move somewhere tonight?” Kyujong asked.

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Come on hyung.. I want to sleep with Jojo.. Please??” He pleaded.

 

“Whatever..” I said and walked out from the room and found Lea was busy texting with her phone. But acted cold when she saw me.

 

“Hyung.. Could you two go to the market to buy things? We’re running out of stock here..”  Jungmin asked me while he opened up the fridge and started to look for something.

 

“Why don’t you go there yourself?” I asked him.

 

“Come on hyung.. I need to cook something for Kim.. She’s not feeling well..”

 

“Why don’t you ask Kyujong or Youngsaeng? Why it has to be me.. And her..” I mumbled at the last sentence.

 

“Youngsaeng hyung and Xin is going somewhere.. And Kyujong.. He won’t go.. I don’t want to spoil their moods..” He said, closing the fridge after he took out some ingredients.

 

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?” I said, catching up with her when she walked to her room, wanting to close the door behind her, but luckily I could held the door and went in.

 

“You’re still not talking to me now?” I asked again. That question keep floating in my mind over and over again. That question won’t disappear until she managed to speak out some words.

 

“Are we breaking up now?” I asked out of the blue. I could’ve sworn I regretted that I’ve ever said those words to her. But she won’t speak out a word if I didn’t say that.

 

“Who said that??” She said, raising her voice.

 

“You’re not breaking up with me then?” I asked, a little bit relieved that she didn’t plan to break up.

 

“Who said that now?? Do you really want to break up with me?” She said again. It alarmed me a little, and the relief that I felt before disappear immediately after she said those sentence.

 

“I don’t know! You’re the one who got mad over a little thing. What’s up with you??’ I said, almost yelling now. We were talking like we’re on the opposite sides of the room, but instead we were standing only a meter away.

 

“What’s up with you?? You didn’t pick up a single call I’ve made and not even calling back! And it’s not the first time!!” She yelled.

 

“What? You know me! I was just too busy back there, and when I came back here you were already starting a war with me!”

 

“You’re the one who started it! I doubted that you even love me!” She said, and that gave me a little shock? Surprise? I don’t know. What she said just now kept ringing on my head. That she doubted me.

 

“Why did you even ask that when we’re dating for 5 years now?! You should’ve ask that earlier!”

 

“So that means you don’t love me?” She said, with a lower voice.

 

“I didn’t say that!”

 

“So you do still love me?” She asked a really really stupid question.

 

“What do you expect?!” I couldn’t stay in this situation anymore, I came up to her, cupping her face with both my hands and kissed her right on her lips. She hesitated at first, but as I didn’t let her go, and I didn’t even want to let her go. She kissed me back.

 

“Is that your new way to apologize?” She asked after we broke from our kiss.

 

“Am I forgiven now?” I asked.

 

“You’re forgiven, but you’re still sleeping with Kyu oppa..” She said, and went out from the room with her signature smile on her face.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

“It’s really funny when you retell the story you know..” He chuckled.

 

“Jeez.. She forgave me when she knew I was framed up, and it was 3 years ago.. But will she believe me this time?” I said to him.

 

“I’ve told you to not get close with that witch right?” He said, well yea.. He’s right. He was the one who found out that I was framed up with that witch and told everything to Lea, and luckily Lea believed. But what about now..

 

“Anyway.. Remember.. You need to do some explanation to her soon..” He said.

 

“Huh?? What do you mean?” I asked him, and sat right up on the couch.

 

“Oh.. I forgot to tell you.. We’re going back to Korea by tomorrow..”