Lucky, but unlucky

Bonds of reason

Chapter 46 – Lucky, but unlucky.

 

“Oppa?” Kim’s turn to nudged me.

 

“H-huh?” I turned to faced her. She was with him again. With Junsu. A mysterious guy that seemed to has some connection with Reo and the gang.

 

“Don’t worry oppa.. He’s not who you think he is..” Joelle said, reading my face. And then she took a glance of Junsu.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

 

“He’s not Lea’s boyfriend.. He’s her childhood friend..” She said. That was a bit relief for me. But I don’t know why, I don’t get the feeling of oppa and dongsaeng when looking at them. They looked like a new couple.

 

“Should we go and greet them?” Al asked.

 

“Why not?” Joelle said before I could even say anything and then she dragged us with her.

 

“Lea!!” She waved her hand at Lea and ran onto her.

 

“Jo!” Lea said and then they hugged each other.

 

“Annyeong oppa..” Joelle said to Junsu. They seemed to know each other because Junsu reacted by waving his hand at her and smiled.

 

“Hyunjoong sshi.. Right?” He looked at me and gave me a warm smile. But I just nodded, I took a glance of him and then looked at Lea who was avoiding me.

 

A moment later, Junsu’s phone rang. He looked quite surprised when he looked at the phone screen. He picked it up and said, “Waeyo?”

 

We were all looking at him right at the moment he picked up his phone. “Arasso.. Tell Rex to not do anything reckless okay?” He continued and hung up.

 

The word “Rex” alarmed me a bit. He must had some connection between them.

 

“Lea, I need to go now.. They said I need to be home.. Now.. Is it okay if I leave you here?” He asked her. Lea just nodded and he bowed at us and took his leave.

 

“Aigoo.. I need to go to the toilet now.” Kim said in a hurry and Al followed her behind.

 

“Uhm.. I need to buy something for my brother.. I’ll be back.” Joelle said and she winked at Lea and then off to somewhere.

 

“Yah! Jo!!” I yelled but she was already running.

 

We took a glance of each other, me and Lea. We were both dead silent. No one dare to say a word.

 

“How’s life?” She started.

 

“Hm..?” I mumbled. Not knowing rather to say terrible or so so or terrifying. “Just like always.. But there’s something missing..” I chuckled a bit and sighed. “How’s yours?” I asked. I really miss the moment I talk to her like this. Awkward but yeah, at least we talked.

 

“Mine is just like always too.. But there’s a big empty hole here, wanting to be filled..” She said as she stared at the emptiness in front of her. “What am I talking about.. How’s your relationship.. with her?” She asked again. Why it has to be that topic out of the millions topics out there.

 

“Hey.. Listen..” I said, I think it’s time for me to explain everything. To clear up the misunderstanding.

 

*riing riing* “Mianhe.. It’s umma..” She said to me and she picked up her phone.

 

“De Umma?” She said. “Huh?” “But..” She stopped, and she hung up after a bit.

 

“Did umma invite you?” She asked me.

 

“Yeah.. She did.. She doesn’t know yet? About..”

 

“Yeah.. I haven’t tell her.. But, just act normally in front of umma and appa okay.. I don’t want to make them sad..”

 

“Arasso.. Okay look.. I need to explain something..” I said to her, but she just chuckled.

 

“There’s no need to rush.. You can keep that for later..” She said and placed her finger on my lips, which made my heart jumped a bit. I don’t know why she could act normally like she always did which is hard for me to act normally in front of her.

 

“Anyway.. Who is Junsu to you?” I blurted out. She looked surprised at my question. “M-mianhe.. I didn’t mean to ask, really.. It’s okay if you don’t answer it.” I said again.

 

“No, it’s okay.. He’s my childhood oppa.. It has been years before we met again..” She said.

 

I just mouthed an O. That’s all I could do. Are they really just friends?

 

“Should we go over my house together? At least umma and appa won’t be suspicious that way..” She suggested.

 

“Really? You don’t mind?” I asked her.

 

“Why should I?” She chuckled.

 

“No.. It’s just.. Forget it..” I sighed and leaned on the chair.

 

“Are you planning to be in that clothes while we’re here?” She said, pointing at the clothes I tried on.

 

“Oh.. I forgot.. Wait, I’ll change first..” I said and went to the fitting room.

 

I came out in about 3 minutes. She was looking through the clothes.


”I think this one suits you..” She said to me while pointing at a gray hoodie. She did it again. When I came back to Korea, she always picked some clothes for me. I always smiled at myself when I remembered those moments.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“Wae? This one really suits you..” She handed me a light blue shirt.

 

“No.. It’s too.. Bright..” I said.


”Why do you have to wear such dark colour..” She said and handed me more shirts.

 

“Come on Lea.. It’s not like we’re going to buy this whole thing..” I said looking at the pile of the shirt she gave me.

 

“Don’t worry.. I’ll buy it for you..” She smirked at me.

 

“What will I get if I wear one of this?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“This.” I said, pointing at her lips. She slapped me lightly on my arm.

 

“It’s a department store.. And you want me to do it here?”

 

“That’s not really the problem right?” I chuckled at her. And she just sighed.

 

“Is that a yes?” I grinned.

 

“I never said that..” She said and walked away.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

“Do you want to try it?” She asked me. I wanted to say yes. But someone just caught my eye.

 

“Why in the earth she could be here right now..” I said to myself in disbelief.

 

“Oppa?” Haerin said when her eyes met mine.