Godfather

Bonds of reason

Chapter 11 – Godfather.

 

“What?”

 

“Which one that you didn’t understand?” He asked.

 

“No nothing.. Thanks..” I hung up right away. Lea? Her family? How could everything went connected and else? Even though there’s no anger inside me, but I just couldn’t let them go away. Reason, that’s the thing I should know. I went back inside to borrow Kyujong’s car. I need to go home, to tell father these things. But someone bumped onto me when I almost reached the dance floor. And she even spilled some orange juice to my tux.

 

“Uh, sorry..” I heard a familiar voice. She looked up to me, and it’s her.. Again.. “You again?” She said almost yelled to me, but I ignore her. Thinking of the fact that her family, was my family’s murderer? Killer? Whatever. I walked away from her went to the dance floor. A lot pairs of eyes were looking at me as I reached Kyujong.

 

“Wae hyung??” He almost shouted

 

“I’ll borrow your car okay?? I want to go home!! I’m not feeling well!!” I shouted back. The music was just too loud, but I don’t think I could call that music. It’s more like someone banging the drums to the wall.

 

“Okay!! Here!!” He gave me his key.

 

“Thanks!! Later then!!” I said and went straight back home. I was driving nomally when I sensed something. Something strange, weird, and anything else you could think of. I was thinking about something else when I realized that no more cars beside me. It was green light. But the car behind me didn’t even beep his horn. I hit the gas at maximum speed. Thank God I was using a Lamborghini while he was using a Mercedez SLK. Seems like he lost my trace.

 

*riing riing* “Wae Klaude?” I asked on the phone. It’s so rare when Klaude calls me when there’s nothing important.

 

“You’re not followed by anyone right?” He asked. Why does almost everyone in that house knows everything.

 

“Nope.. For now..”

 

“For now? You’ve been followed by someone just now?” He said.

 

“Uhuh.. A black SLK..”

 

“Kim Hyun Joong.. You better get back home right now..”

 

“Aish.. I could take care of myself okay..” I said those things. Even though I’m planning to go back home, but why he’s just way too protective.

 

“Yea, I know that.. But you’re weaponless.. Get back home.. Now..” He said and hung up. I arrived at home in about 4 minutes after the phone call.

 

“Finally.. You’re home.. Anyway.. Your car will arrive tomorrow morning..” he said and gave me the bill from the payment.

 

“For goodness sake.. You ordered me a Murcielago LP 640?” I said in awe. My dream car.

 

“Yea. I know you’ve always want it..” He grinned at me and walked to his room.

 

“Yah! Wait! I need to ask a few things..” He stopped and walked up to me.

 

“How do you know all those things? About the Lee and my family?”

 

“I have a giant network okay.. I couldn’t tell you one by one..”

 

“It’s okay then.. But you know why? Why they killed my family?”

 

“No.. But.. The most probably reason is money right? With all those money your family had.. Who wouldn’t want it?” He said. Money? Seriously.. You don’t have to kill someone if you want the money. And yet you couldn’t get it. What’s the point of killing?

 

“Hyunjoong-ah!! Is that you?!” My father yelled from his work with his thunder voice. Maybe even neighbors could hear it.

 

“Yea! Why??” I yelled back.

 

“My work!! Now!!” He shut the door. Again? Three days in a row he told me to come to his work. Every night, at noon. But not at the morning. I went to his room for the third time on these three days.

 

“Yes father?”

 

“You know who killed your family already?” He asked while reading the newspaper.

 

“Did Klaude tell you?” I asked him.

 

“It’s not important who told me.. You still keep your promise right?” He asked me.

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise that you wouldn’t go after them.. And this is serious Hyunjoong.. You might really lose your life..”

 

“Is it about money?” He stopped right away when he took a sip from his cup.

 

“I don’t know.. I only know that your family and Lee never went well..” He said.

 

“Really? You only know that much?”

 

“It’s not the right time for you to know okay..”

 

“When is it then? I’m almost eighteen and graduate from school and yet you-“

 

“You parent’s last word.. You want to know what is it?” I stayed in silence. “Take care of Hyunjoong when it’s time.. Tell him everything he needs to know when it’s time.. And tell him, even if he knows the meaning of that carved on the ring, it doesn’t mean that he could do things by his own.. You, as his godfather should protect him from anything that could get him in danger..”

 

“You? My godfather?”

 

“Yes, I am.. That means, your safety is my responsibility.. So please, don’t do anything reckless.. It’s for your own good..” He said. I just nodded and walked away from the room.

 

“You.. Why are you here? When did you get home?” I looked at Kyujong who was standing beside the door. He looked a little bit.. Shocked? I don’t know.. His face was priceless.

 

“Hyung.. Is it true?”

 

“You.. You didn’t hear it right?”

 

“Just answer me.. Is it true?”

 

“Which one?” I sighed.

 

“Everything.. Everything that dad just said..” He said.

 

“Yea it is..”

 

“You should’ve told me.. So that’s why you nor dad never told me about your family whenever I asked?”

 

“You don’t need to know..”

 

“Of course I need to know! We lived together for twelve years now!!” He raised his voice.

 

“Lower your voice! Come to my room.. I’ll tell you what you need to know..” He followed me to my room and shut the door behind him. He was standing on my bed side.

 

“What do you want to know?”

 

“You’re the witness of the assassination of your family?”


”..Yes..”

 

“Why people were after you?” He asked again. I took out my necklace and show him the ring.

 

“This.. is my family’s.. This thing passed down through my family and now it’s with me.. They were after this ring and me, and I don’t know why..”

 

“Who’s the murderer?”

 

“Lee family, I believe you’ve never hear-“ I stopped as I saw a red dot on his temple. I looked at the window.

 

“Kyujong, head down!!”