A little piece of the memory

Bonds of reason

 

Chapter 19 – A little piece of the memory.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” I asked the school nurse.

 

“Just an anemia.. She just needs more rest.. Well, you could leave if you’re done here..” She said. It’s easy for her to say that I could leave. She doesn’t know how I was feeling when carrying Lea here.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Y-yah!! Don’t faint here.. Yah!!” I yelled at her, but she’s showing no response. “Where do you think you’re going?” I asked Youngsaeng who was planning to leave the cafeteria with his basketball.

 

“Huh? Gym.. I need to practice..” He said with a straight face.

 

“Couldn’t you help me a bit?” I said looking at him and then he looked at Lea who was still unconscious in my arms.

 

“Aigoo.. You could bring her to the health unit yourself.. Don’t pretend that you couldn’t..” He said, smirking at me. I really hate him when he was planning ‘something’ for me. There were these crazy ideas popping out in his mind.

 

“Yah!! Aish..” He walked out from the cafeteria already, leaving me and a lot pairs of eyes looking at me and her. I carried her out from the cafeteria while all the people there were making a fuss.

 

“Yah wake up!!” I nudged her again. But still to no avail. I carried her the wedding style, I couldn’t give her a piggyback ride when she’s totally unconscious. Every single eye on the cafeteria was looking at me, and made me feel like I was s suspect.

 

“Excuse me..” I entered the health unit, luckily the door was opened.

 

“Yes?” The school nurse showed up.

 

“She fainted...” I said, but the school nurse looked at me and Lea, she looks confused. “Hello?” I said to her. Snapping her out from her mind.

 

“Oh, you could lay her on the bed then... “She said, pointing at the only empty bed left.

 

-End of flashback-

 

“I’ll just stay here...” I said, thinking that I could make this as an excuse for not attending the class.

 

“I’ll leave you alone here then..” The nurse said and left the room.

 

I was looking around the room until I found a purse on the floor. I picked it up and opened it up, and it was Lea’s. There was another family photo of her on her purse. And some other photos. Maybe it’s okay if I looked at them.

 

The first photo was her family. The second one is her childhood photo. The third one is her photo with her Joelle. The forth one.. I really really couldn’t believe what I just saw. I saw the childhood version of me standing beside her. I looked at the back of the photo.

 

“6-6-1990.”

 

I was only 4 back then. And this photo was taken on my birthday, it was at the theme park that I used to go when I was a kid. I’ve met her before? But I couldn’t even remember a single piece of my childhood with her in my mind.

 

“Hyunjoong sshi?” I heard Lea’s voice.

 

“Oh, mianhe..” I said, I put back the photos and gave her purse back to her.

 

“No, it’s okay.. So this is the health unit?” She asked.

 

“You’ve never been here before?” I asked back. She shook her head.

 

“Was that means that you’ve been here for times?” She asked. There’s too many question in this conversation.

 

“Yea.. I couldn’t even count it with my fingers..” I said, trying to forget what I just saw. “Anyway.. Who are they? The two kids in one of your photos..” I finally managed to ask. My curiosity is killing me.

 

“This one?” She said, holding the picture. I nodded, looking at the picture more specifically. It’s me. It really is.

 

“Hmm.. My childhood crush? Oh, what am I talking.. He’s my childhood friend. I’ve only met him for two times.”  She said. A familiar feeling hit me when she said ‘childhood crush’. A feeling that I’ve felt before.

 

“You don’t even know his name?” I asked, it was a really really stupid question. But I need to ask.

 

“No.. I didn’t call him by his name.. I’ve called him with..” She said, thinking.

 

“Joggie?” I asked her.

 

“How did you know..?” She asked me, looked confused over my sentence.

 

“Just.. A blind guess.. Well, I guess I’ll see you later..” I said, wanted to leave but suddenly I remembered something. “Could I come over to your house today? I need to meet your mum..” I said, she just nodded.

 

No wonder why I have those feelings. Joggie. I couldn’t even believe that I still remember that name, the name that she gave me when we was only a kid. Why should it be her among the millions population in Korea. Why should it be her among the girls in this school. Stupid me that I didn’t realize it before. That I didn’t realize my own feelings, the feelings that I feel towards her. The feeling that had never changed since I was only a kid.

 

“Hyung.. Could you help me from up there? One or two problems wouldn’t be a burden to me, but this is just too much..”