Is it only a coincidence?

Bonds of reason

Chapter 52 – Is it only a coincidence?

 

“It’s not important who am I.. You’ll now eventually..” The guy on the phone said to me as I remained in silence. I didn’t know what should I say or how should I respond to him.

 

“I just wanted to make a call though.. I’ll see you soon.. Plasma boy..” He said again and hung up.

 

Weird. Strange. Odd. Anything that you could think of.

 

Seriously. Who was that? He must be a little bit insane, calling just to said hello and hung up. And the only thing I knew was that he’s a dangerous person. He called me ‘Plasma boy’.

 

Aish, Kim Hyun Joong. Why can’t you live at peace.

 

“Who is it?” Lea asked me after I hung up.

 

“He dialed a wrong number.. Anyway.. Where’s Youngsaeng..” I said, changing the topic. Even though I don’t know how long I could keep lying like this. But as long as she doesn’t suspect anything. Maybe it’s fine for now.

 

“Really?” She said and took a seat beside Joelle. Here comes my bad prediction. I’m not that good at predicting things like Kyujong.

 

I just nodded at her. Saying a few more words would make her even more suspicious.

 

“Al, you could go sleep.. We’ll wake you up when he’s conscious..” Lea said to her.

 

“It’s okay.. I’m not tired..” She said, looking at Lea. “Oh.. Are there by any chance that you two..?” She continued.


”Wae? Do you want to scold me?”


”No, don’t worry.. I’m as stubborn as you are.. We’re not that different..” Al smiled at her.

 

“Where are you going?” Lea asked me after I stood up. My stomach was grumbling.

 

“Eat.. I’m hungry.. Wanna go too?” I asked her. It’s like we never bickered before. Because we were talking as if we’re doing fine in our relationship.

 

“Geurae.. I’m hungry too.. Jo, Kim, you wanna come?” Lea asked them.


”I couldn’t even if I wanted to..” Joelle said, glancing at the sleeping Kyujong. He didn’t even move an inch.

 

“I’ll just stay here.. Minnie said he will come..”

 

“Arasso.. Call me okay? When he’s awake..” I told her and we took our leave to the hospital’s cafeteria.

 

We were both in an awkward silence along our way to the cafeteria. We didn’t even speak a single letter. Until when the mood maker, which was her. Did something that started our usual argument.

 

“Omo mianhae..” She said, tugging oh my sleeves. It’s always like this. Most of the time. She would tripped and then dragging me along when she fell over.

 

“Aigoo.. You never changed..” I mumbled, helping her to gain her balance back.

 

“It’s not like I did it on purpose okay..”

 

“I know.. But why do you always got tripped..” I said to her.


”We just made up and you’re starting it again?” She said to me.

 

“Who said that? You’re jumping to your own conclusion again Miss..”

 

“Aish.. Whatever..” She said and walked away.

 

I couldn’t help but broke in a smile. How I missed a moment like this. When I could talk to her at ease. When we’re always bickering but it went away easily. How she always sulking after I .

 

-----

 

“Oh, you’re here.. I was looking for you..”

 

“Ow.. Am hungwy.. O I jav cam hur befor gwing up.” Youngsaeng said with a mouthful of sandwich.

 

“What did he say?” I asked Xin this time. Because I couldn’t understand Youngsaeng’s new language.

 

“He’s hungry..” She said, and looked at his boyfriend that was eating like a little kid.

 

“I thought I was going to die from hunger..”

 

“I told you to eat but you said you didn’t want to.. And now you’re eating like there’s no tomorrow..” Xin scolded him.


”Mianhae.. I was too busy.. You know that..” He said, looking at her like how kids look at their mom. “Anyway, do you want to go together?” He asked me and Lea.

 

“No, it’s okay.. You go ahead..” I said to them after ordering some food.

 

“Oh.. It’s Reo..” Lea mumbled while looking at the other direction. Reo? There’s no way she knew him right? Hope not. There will be too much coincidence. I couldn’t even think that it’s a pure coincidence if that really happens.


”Lea?” A voice called out her name. It’s his voice. It’s Reo’s.

 

“Oh! It’s really you!!” She said again and Reo came up to us.

 

“Oh.. Hyunjoong, you’re here too?” Reo said to me.

 

“You both know each other?” She asked the both of us.

 

“Y-yeah.. I just happened to know him..” I answered, but still wondering in my mind.

 

Another coincidence?