Confession?

Bonds of reason

Chapter 31 – Confession?

 

I didn’t even know that I was passed out, the only thing I knew when I was awake was being in a big familiar room with a blanket over me.

 

“Finally you’re awake..” I heard someone said.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked her.

 

“Ask oppa, he called me when I was about to go to the market.. Told me to take care of you.”

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Going out with Xin unnie..” She said.

 

I really couldn’t believe him. He called and forced a sick person to come over to his house saying it’s important, but now he’s having fun with his girlfriend.

 

“Why did you end up here anyway?” She asked.

 

“Can’t you see I’m having a fever? Thanks to Youngsaeng that I ended up here..” I sighed and laid back down.

 

“You’re going to sleep again?”

 

“A sick person needs rest..” I said and closed my eyes.

 

“Aish.. I really shouldn’t come here at first.. You’re not even showing a slight sign of thanks.” She said and walked away. She opened the door, but I closed it right away. Making her confused.

 

“How did it.. Wait, you did that?” She said, pointing at finger which was pointing at the door.

 

“N-no.. Who said that??” I said, stupid me.. She’s a good observer. She could tell from my reaction.

 

“You sure are lying to me Hyunjoong-sshi..” She said.

 

“Am not.”

 

“You are.”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Whatever. Let me out.” She said.

 

“Why did you ask me. Just open the door and they you can go out!” I said.

 

“Because you’re the one who did that just now! And it’s locked! Now let me out.” She said.

 

First of all, I don’t want her to go. Secondly, I really couldn’t use my power anymore as I was feeling dizzy and I locked the door. But I didn’t do it on purpose. And third, I’m doomed now.

 

“My my.. I was out for a couple hours and you two already started your hate phase from your love-hate relationship.” Vince said, leaning on the door which was I don’t know how did he open it.

 

“Oppa, how did you get in?” Lea asked him. And Vince threw a glance at me, showing a what-happened look on his face.

 

I tilt my head to the side.

 

“It’s unlocked.. Yeah, it’s unlocked..” Vince said and Lea looked at me with a questioned look.

 

“See, it’s unlocked.. It’s your fault you didn’t even try to open it..” I said to her.

 

“Whatever, I’ll take my leave now.. Take care of him, or else he might pass out again..” Lea said as she walked out from the room. Jeez, I couldn’t believe I fell in love with this girl.

 

“You passed out?” Vince asked me after closing the door.

 

“Maybe, I don’t know..”

 

“For goodness sake.. You’re running a fever..” He touched my forehead as I pulled another blanket on.

 

“Could you turn off that thing?” I asked and pointed to the air conditioner. He did and came up to me again.

 

“Did you fight?”

 

“A bit.”

 

“A bit?! You drained your power!”

 

“I don’t even know how did that happen..”

 

“What happened?” He asked, looking worried.

 

“The plasma, a lot of it..”

 

“I should’ve look over you.. You could’ve died you know.” He gave a light smack on my head.

 

“I’m not that easy to die..”

 

“I know. But using your power while having a high fever is extremely forbidden. The higher your temperature, the higher chance that it’ll drain off your power..”

 

“Arasso, you can explain that to me later.. Now could you stay silent for a moment? At least until I’m asleep..” I said to him and he laid himself beside me.

 

“You really remind me of someone..” He let out a soft chuckle as I acted sleep.

 

“Hey, maybe I should say it now..” He said. Let out a deep sigh when he finally said.

 

“Don’t hate me if this turns out bad.. The thing that is coming for you is something that even I couldn’t handle.. Well, just don’t hate me. I really don’t want it to turned out like it was, but I’ll try my best to prevent it..” He stopped and cleared his throat.

 

“And so, if that time really comes.. Let me be the best of your friends before it has finally arrive..” He continued.

 

Although I covered my head up with the blankets, I could hear it clearly somehow, felt like Vince whispered those words to my ear.

 

“Although I’m happy now, I’m a little bit scared you know..” He spoke to the emptiness in front of him. I’ve never saw him so serious before.