Decisions

Bonds of reason

Chapter 34 – Decisions.

 

“Hey, should I finish him off now?” Vince asked me.

 

“Are you insane?” I mouthed.

 

“Wow.. I couldn’t believe that the two whom I always been looking for was here.” He said casually.

 

“Oh, you have a new style now? Wearing a ring?” He said to me. I was actually disgusted by his way of speaking.

 

“You’ll never get it from him..” Vince said, I think he couldn’t control his temper anymore.

 

“Yeah?”  That jerk said and grabbed Lea and took something out from his coat.


”Are you crazy?! Put that down!!” Umma yelled at him, upon seeing him pointed a gun at Lea’s head.

 

“Give it to me now.. If you don’t want me to blow up her head..”

 

What should I do now? Should I use my power? But Lea would be suspicious at me.

 

“I really really wanna punch him now..” Vince said in a low voice.

 

“3..” He said and pulled the trigger.

 

“2..” He continued. Otokke?

 

“Wait! Wait..” I said as he just wanted to opened up his mouth to continued the count.


”You changed your mind?” he asked.

 

“Don’t touch her..” I said as I squeezed Vince’s left shoulder and took of my ring from my finger.

 

“Oh.. You’re a good boy..” He said while I walked towards him.

 

“On your dreams..” I mumbled. “Vince! Now!” I yelled and Vince came up to Lea and disappeared with her as I snatched back my ring. I don’t know what did he do, but I think they’ve teleported somewhere. Never saw him used that one before.

 

“Wow.. I should’ve thought that..” He said calmly. “But you forgot one thing..” He said and pointed his gun towards umma.

 

“Don’t give him the ring because of me..” Umma said to me.

 

“I’m not joking, I’ll shoot if I said I would..” He said to me.

 

“I couldn’t let you get hurt because of me..” I whispered to umma as I made my way to him.

 

“Say goodbye to the world..” He said when I walked back to where umma was standing, but she wasn’t there already.

 

*Bang*

 

“I never thought that I would marry such a stupid woman.” He said, I looked back and found umma hardly breathe because of her wound.

 

“Umma..” I nudged her, and found that her wound isn’t that deep, but it bled. I didn’t know what happened to me, I just went forward and punched him right on his face, and took both the ring and the gun from him.

 

“Do you really want to kill me?” He chuckled, looking at me who was pointing his gun right on his face.

 

Do I want to kill him? Deep in my heart I want to dig his grave by myself. Kill him with my hand, Make him pay for what he has done to my family. Pay for what he has done to my entire life.

 

I don’t even dare to look back anymore. Remembering that he burnt down my house into ashes. Leaving me nothing except a family photo. I was too afraid too look back to those times. The time that I lost everything I had and it took years for me to recover. And it was all because of this man in front of me.

 

I won’t lose my family if he didn’t exist. I won’t lose my hyung if that day didn’t exist. And I would have feel my parent’s love right now.

 

Yeah. Parents.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“Oh, you’re here already..” Umma greeted my one night when she asked me to come over.

 

“Yeah.. What’s the menu?” I asked her when she led me in. The next thing that greeted me after her was their family photo. The three of them smiling happily to the camera.

 

“Umma.. I’m sorry to ask this.. But.. Have you.. Ever regretted your choice before?” I asked her, the question just popped out in my mind all of a sudden.

 

“I would think I have no regret choosing him over the other men.. He was my first and my last. Maybe the only thing I’ve ever regretted was making him the father of my daughter. Maybe we would live a lot happier if I chose someone else.” She gave me a faint smile. And all I could do was just mouthing an O.

 

“A lot happier because she will feel a father’s love which she never feel before..” She said in a low voice.

 

“Do you want to start over if he change? A total change from him?” I’m not even sure why I asked that.

 

“Yeah.. That would be my greatest wish ever..”

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

I couldn’t let myself to fall into the darkness anymore.