Roller Coaster

Bonds of reason

Chapter 54 – Roller coaster

 

“Yah! Where are you?” I yelled on the phone to him. He called me to come, but he’s not here yet.

 

“Okay.. I’m here..” He said, appearing all of a sudden beside me.

 

“How could you use your power?”

 

“Uh.. Yeah, that’s the point.. I could use my power now which means I have something to tell you about..” Uh oh.. Gotta be bad news.

 

“It’s alright.. It has something to do with your siblings right?”

 

“How did you know?”


”Reo told me earlier..”

 

“You met him?”

 

“And actually someone did call me earlier, but I don’t know who.”

 

“It’s not funny to make that kind of joke okay..” He said.

 

“It’s not even like I was joking OKAY..”

 

“So.. Someone did call you??”

 

“You’ve heard me..”

 

“We’ll.. Talk about that later.. But now, listen to me okay..” He said, straighten up his face and suddenly became serious. I don’t really like it when he became serious. It’s no fun.

 

“I think we couldn’t keep lying like this..” He finally said.


”Lying? What do you mean?”

 

“To your friends.. We can’t keep hiding all of these things from them. Especially Lea, and you know her really well.” Okay, first. He was right. I don’t think we could keep hiding these things from them, but I don’t really want to tell it to them nor to Lea.

 

“Tell me the reason..” I said. I knew a few reasons already. First, even though we keep hiding it from them, they’ll know it sooner or later, that’s what we’ve been saying for all these time. And second they could be in danger if they get to know it later.

 

“You know it already.. It’s too dangerous for them if they get to know it later.. Because..”

 

“Because what?”

 

“Because I think you will need to fulfill your promise to me.”

 

“You really mean it??” I asked. There’s no way he really meant it. Even if he did, I don’t think I would be able to do it for him. No way.

 

“Do you think I was joking?”


”Oh seriously Vince.. This is not funny.”

 

-----

 

“Hey, let’s go there..” Lea said when we’re at the amusement park, pointing at one of the roller coaster.

 

We were going out together. All of us. Even Vince’s here. Because it’s Lea’s birthday. She treat us for a meal and for the tickets.

 

“Uh.. Can I just stay here?” Hyungjun said.

 

“No.. Everyone has to ride on that one.” She insisted.

 

“But Lea..”

 

“Come on, it’s only a roller coaster. It should be fun.” Al said to him. They looked like mother and child.

 

“But it’s haunted.”

 

“Everyone seems to be okay with it. So you should get going. And moreover the ghosts are fake.” Lea turn to said.

 

“Hey.” Vince called me.


”What?”

 

“Are you sure it’s okay? For us to ride that?”

 

“You’re feeling that something’s not right, right?” I asked.

 

“Uh, yeah.” He mumbled. Well, we both felt the same way. Something’s not right here. Or even something’s bad is going to happen.

 

-----

 

“Please fastened your seatbelts.” They announced.

 

And we began the ride. People started to shout when some ghosts appeared. But seriously, it’s not even scary.

 

“Omo!” Lea shouted when she saw a ghost like the one on “The Ring” film. And she kept on tugging my sleeve.

 

“You shouldn’t go if you’re scared you know.” I said to her, loud enough so that she could hear me.

 

“But I never knew that it was this scary.” She shouted.

 

*Stopped*

 

The roller coaster stopped by itself, when we’re in the middle of the ride. People started to make more noises and even some were shouting histerically. I know something’s going to happen.

 

I couldn’t figure what’re people talking about. Something’s distracting my mind.

 

“..” A mumble that came from Vince. That’s the only thing I could hear clearly.

 

“What happened?” I asked.

 

But he just shook his head. And I know it’s a bad sign.