Arrival

Bonds of reason

Chapter 39 - Arrival

 

“Tomorrow??!” I shouted, too shock to hear it. We’re returning to Korea by tomorrow?

 

“Yep.. Wae? You always seemed happy when we’re going back..” He said, he’s really stupid. He couldn’t even read the situation.

 

“But we’re supposed to come back next month, not tomorrow.”

 

“First.. We’ve been transferred there, the company couldn’t handle the problem in Korea.. So they want us to clear it up..” He said.

 

“Why should it be us? Aish.. I’m going to die tomorrow..” I mumbled. I would be dead if I can’t give her a good explanation. Or even if I explain the details to her, she would hardly believe me.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked when door swung opened by itself when I wanted to walked out from the room.

 

“Home..” I said as I went out. I didn’t really my home in Korea. I mean my home here.

 

I couldn’t stop thinking about her. About us. I’m worried as hell when she didn’t even pick up a single call from me. Should I call her again?

 

“Please Lea.. Pick it up..” I said to myself when I dialed her number.

 

She’s really mad at me. She didn’t even pick it up. I couldn’t even imagine if she’s mad at me now like she was before.

 

 

-A day after-

 

 

“Could you control your power? You’ll crash the plane before it could take off!” Vince said to me. It’s not like I don’t want to control my power, it’s just because I worried too much.

 

“Aish.. I’ll help you to explain.. But I’m not even sure that she’ll believe..” He said to me.

 

 

-Hours later-

Korea

9:00 pm

 

 

“You didn’t call anyone to pick us up?” He asked me.

 

“There’s a bunch of taxis here, why would we need someone to pick us up..” I said to him. Actually I was a little afraid that if I called someone in Korea, a bad news will come to greet me.

 

“She still doesn’t pick up?” He asked me when we got into a taxi.

 

“I’m dead..” I mumbled.

 

We were both silent on our way back. He was busy playing with his new iPad and I fell asleep. I was dead tired because I couldn’t sleep on the plane.

 

“Yah! We’re here..” Vince nudged me and went out from the taxi.

 

“Dan!” Vince yelled when he saw Danny was coming to the gate.

 

“You’re back? I thought it supposed to be next month?” He said while opening the gate.

 

“Miss you buddy..” Vince hugged him. Danny has been his very best friend since we left for Canada.

 

“Hyung.. You’re back already?” Kyujong came out, it seems like he’s going somewhere, holding his car key.

 

“Yeah..”

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong with you and Lea? That witch framed you up for the second time?” He asked, I was actually surprised by his words. If Kyujong knows, that means the others know it as well.

 

“Is that what Lea said to you?”

 

“Nope.. She just came to Jojo’s place and broke down in tears. I was there when she told everything. And the first thing that came to my mind was that witch..” He said, I was glad that he believed in me and not believing the photos.

 

“Did she said anything other than that?”

 

“You really want to hear this?”

 

“I must know no matter what..” I mumbled.

 

“She actually mentioned about breaking up, but luckily Jojo could calmed her down and told her to think about it.” He told me. The word “breaking” and “up” breaks my heart. So she doesn’t believe in me anymore.

 

“Anyway hyung.. Wanna join? I’m going to meet the others..” He said. I just nodded, it’s better rather than being at home. I wanted to ask Vince if he want to join or not, but he’s already inside with Danny.

 

“Don’t worry too much hyung.. I’m sure she didn’t mean it..” Kyu said when we’re on the car.

 

“What if she did?” I asked him. But he just stayed in silence.

 

“Yeobuseyo?” He said. “Huh? Arasso..”

 

“Wae?” I asked him.

 

“Nothing.. Jojo said she couldn’t come..” He said.

 

“Anyway.. How were Hyungjun and Al?”

 

“Al’s not talking to Hyungjun.. And I’ve never saw him like that before.. He really wanted to explain but Al just won’t listen..” He said. Hyungjun’s situation is the same as mine now. But mine is worse. Worse than you could’ve imagine.

 

“They just.. Broke up?”

 

“Yeah.. But we’re still meeting up somewhere.. But hyung.. I really wondered where did that photo come from..”

 

“I don’t know okay.. The only thing I remember was I woke up in a hotel.. Don’t even know how..” I said.

 

He just sighed at me and stopped the car. I looked at him, but he just went out from the car.

 

“Hyung, come out.. We’re here..” He knocked the window. I went out and looked around.

 

“A new café?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah.. We wanted to try it out..” He said and went in. I followed him. The café was a little bit crowded, people were chitchatting everywhere. I could see Jungmin from afar, with Kim beside him.

 

“Hyunjoongie?” I heard Youngsaeng’s voice behind us. I turned around and found him, interlocking his hand with Xin’s.

 

“Oppa! You’re back!” Xin said, almost screaming.

 

“Aish.. We still have plenty time for reunion.. Take a sit first..” Youngsaeng said to Xin, and she just pouted at him and sat beside him.

 

“Hyung!” Hyungjung and Jungmin said in unison.

 

“Hey Al..” I said to Al who was sitting beside Kim. She sometimes took a glance of Hyungjun.

 

“Hi oppa..” She said with a low voice.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“No, it’s just.. I’m not feeling really well..” She gave me a faint smile. Hyungjun turned his head over to look at her, making sure she’s okay after she said that.

 

“Where’s Joelle?” Kim asked.

 

“She needs to go for her family’s dinner..” Kyujong answered.

 

“Oppa.. Can I ask something?” Kim asked me, but Jungmin shook his head to her.

 

“Don’t worry, just ask..” I said to her.

 

“What happened between you and Lea?” She asked me.

 

“I.. Actually I got..” I stopped when I saw someone just went in the café.

 

She stopped right after she saw me. She just stared blankly at me, and tears started to fill her eyes. She turned around and walked out from the café. Running.

 

I got up from my seat and went after her. “Lea wait!!”