Hospitality

Bonds of reason

Chapter 16 - Hospitality

 

“Andwae!!” I yelled as that person ran onto him. Kyujong turned around and the knife right onto his stomach. He fell down and that person ran away. I ran up onto Kyujong who was lying on the ground, holding his stomach.

 

“Kyujong-ah! Yah! Can your hear me?” He just closed his eyes while groaning in pain. Blood starting to soak his clothes.

 

“Crap..” I lift him from the ground and took him to my car that he used. “Key?” I asked him, he pointed at his back pocket.

 

“Hey, stay strong..” I said as I took the towel inside my sports bag and placed it on his wound. “Think about something that keep you awake okay?” I said to him and started the engine. I was driving in a crazy speed because the nearest hospital is near Youngsaeng’s house. I reached the hospital in about 10 minutes, way faster than I thought.

 

“Yah! Don’t lose your consciousness.” I said to him while he kept mumbling something.

 

“Could someone help me!” I yelled at the emergency room while no one came up to us, what kind of hospital is it. A few nurses ran onto us right after I yelled and I put Kyujong on the bed.

 

“Get the surgery done now, I’ll take care of the administration..” I said to one of the nurse when she said the surgery can’t be done without the administration. It was said that this is one of the best hospital in Seoul, but what kind of service is this.

 

“Youngsaeng-ah, could you come to Seoul community hospital? The one that near your house. tell Joelle to come too okay?” I said to Youngsaeng on the phone.

 

“Joelle? Did something happen to Kyu?”

 

“Yes, come here, now.” I said and hung up. I took care of the administration. And went to the waiting room. I heard someone was running through the corridor. The first person that came was not Youngsaeng nor Joelle, but Lea. I don’t even know why she’s here or how could she be here.

 

“How was he?” she asked, panting from running.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked.

 

“It’s not important, how was he?” She asked again.

 

“It’s one hour already, and he’s not out from the operation room.” I pointed at the door. “How could you know? Your dad?” I asked. I don’t feel right talking to her like this. Feel somehow strange, weird, and my heart beat faster than ever.

 

“I followed your car behind. Because I heard you yelled and saw someone was walking with a blooded knife from your direction.”

 

“Oh.. It’s not because your dad right?”

 

“What do you mean?” She asked.

 

“Nothing. Sit first.. You’re exhausted from running right?” I said without looking at her. Another person came up running through the corridor, and this time it was Joelle, she looked shocked and looked like she could burst out crying anytime.

 

“Lea.. You’re here too..” She said in a low voice.

 

“Yeah, I’m here.. Calm down.. He’ll be okay..” She hugged Joelle and patted her back.

 

“Oppa, how could this happening?” Joelle asked me.

 

“I don’t know, everything happened so fast. I’m sorry I didn’t have enough time to go help him.” I said to her and she started to cry.

 

“He’ll be just fine..” I patted her back.

 

“I was going to break up with my boyfriend..” She said between her sobs.

 

“You’re going to break up with your boyfriend? Why?” Lea asked.

 

“I can’t lie to my heart anymore.. I.. I’ve fallen for him.” Joelle said and sob harder. And Lea hugged her tighter. She’s fallen for Kyujong. I know that kid wouldn’t just die, I just know it. And then we saw Youngsaeng came, running.

 

“How was he?” He asked, I just shook my head.

 

“No way..” He said again.

 

“I meant that I don’t know.. Aish..” I said and pinched his cheek.

 

“Aw.. But he’ll be okay right?” He asked again, rubbing his cheek.

 

“Have you ever saw him got beaten up?” I asked him and he shook his head. “You get the point then. God, just sit. He’ll be okay..” I said when he was still questioning the same thing.

 

“Where are you going?” Youngsaeng asked me when I got up from my chair.

 

“I need to tell the tom and jerry..” I said and walked away, dialing their numbers and told them the situation. Jungmin told me that he would go over with Kim, but I forgot to tell him that Lea’s here. Hyungjun said he’ll be here in half an hour because he need to send Al home first.

 

I went back to the waiting room the same time as the doctor came out from the operation room. Joelle was the first that came up to the doctor to ask Kyujong’s condition.

 

“Is he okay?” Joelle asked the doctor in a hurry.

 

“He’s okay now.. He lose too much blood, and bleeding on his right kidney, but luckily we have a few stocks of his blood type and you brought him on the right time.” The doctor said and Kyujong came out from the room, unconscious. Of course he’s unconscious. What am I talking about.

 

They sent Kyujong to room 510, Joelle was the one who sat beside his bed. Taking care of him.

 

“Oppa.. Wake up..” She said caressing his hand. I don’t know why, but it just gave me goose bumps when I saw such a sweet scene like this. We all sat on the sofa, I was sitting between Youngsaeng and Lea. She just smiled, looking at Joelle.

 

“You won’t leave me right after making me fall for you right?” Joelle said again. She sighed to calmed herself. This would be a good news for him when he wake up.

 

“Hyung.. How’s Kyujong hyung?” Hyungjun said after barged in the room and panting. I bet he’s running for the carpark until here.

 

“He’s there, don’t you see him?” Youngsaeng said to him. He just sighed.

 

“What actually happened? Did someone mind to tell me?” Hyungjun asked again.

 

“I’ll tell you later.. If I remember..” I said and he joined us on the sofa. This time it was Jungmin who barged in the room followed with Kim. What came to my surprise was Lea just looked calm, like usual. No emotions on her face.

 

“Lea.. You’re here?” Jungmin asked her instead asking about Kyujong. I think he could read the situation that Kyujong’s okay.

 

Lea just nodded and gave him a smile. “How are you Kim? Can I just call you Kim?” She said to Kim who was surprised when Lea talked to her. Kim bowed to Lea before answering.

 

“Oh, I’m doing really good.. You could just call me Kim. Could I just call you Lea then?” Kim said, smiling. I could saw Jungmin’s face relaxed a bit when he saw them talking like friends. I think Lea’s such a wise girl, even though I thought that she was a selfish girl with a very huge ego. But since she broke up with Jungmin, I could see that she’s way wiser than most of us.

 

“Hyung, how was Kyujong hyung?” Jungmin finally asked.

 

“Doing just fine.” I said pointing at Joelle and unconscious Kyujong. We waited for hours but Kyujong just doesn’t wake up. Joelle was already sleeping. Youngsaeng’s head was leaning on Hyungjun’s shoulder and Hyungjun’s head is above Youngsaeng’s. Jungmin was with Kim on the other coach, Kim was watching the sleeping Jungmin all over the time, but she fell asleep already. And the worst is. I couldn’t say worst though. Lea’s head is on my shoulder. What should I do?

 

I got up from the seat and place her head on the sofa’s arm. She was sleeping peacefully like an angel.

 

“Ugh..” I heard Kyujong’s voice.

 

“Finally..” I came up to me.

 

“Hyung..” He said in a weak voice and then he looked at Joelle. “Joelle? Hyung, why does she here?” He asked me. What a stupid question. Well, I couldn’t blame him though, he doesn’t know the truth yet.

 

“Just wait until she’s awake.. Or you want to wake her up now?”

 

“Anni, just leave her..” He said looking at the soundly sleeping Joelle.

 

“Don’t. Move.” I said to him when he’s trying to get up. “I’ll wake the others.. I need sleep.” I said walking to Hyungjun and Youngsaeng and wake them up.

 

“Waeyo hyu-“ Hyungjun stopped when he finally looked at Kyujong.

 

“Hyung, you’re awake!” He said and hugged him.

 

“Ouch.. It’s not like I’ll die okay..” Kyujong said. Joelle’s awake because of the fuss.

 

“Oppa..” She said, smile formed on her face. “You’re awake..” She said and came up hugging him. Kyujong was left with questions, because he only know that Joelle has a boyfriend.

 

“I guess.. You two need time for reunion..” Youngsaeng said.