Isn’t the world a little bit too cruel?

Bonds of reason

Chapter 2 – Isn’t the world a little bit too cruel?

 

“Isn’t it too much?” Kyujong said looking at the people laying on the gym floor.

 

“It’s too much if they couldn’t breathe anymore.. They’re just fainted.. They’re not even bleeding..” I said to him and took my ring away from them. “They’re just too weak.. Lucky I didn’t find a pipe or something and only a stick of small wood in the end..” I said.

 

“Let’s go.. I’m sure you don’t want to continue anymore..” Youngsaeng said and took his ball. We all left to cafeteria and found Jungmin was sitting there with his laptop in front of him.

 

“Hyung.. You got into a fight again?” He said without looking up.

 

“None.. of.. your business..” I said.

 

“Wow.. It’s break already?” Hyungjun asked after we heard the bell rang.

 

“Here comes the girls..” I said as a few bunches of girls are coming through our direction, chuckling whenever they look at us.

 

“Kyujong-ah.. Wanna come?” I asked him, he just shook his head and continued to play with Jungmin’s laptop. I just kept walking without any direction with girls following behind me. I really don’t have any idea why they kept following me. Maybe because we’re rich got some looks? Apart from that.. As for Youngsaeng, he’s the captain of basketball team. Kyujong, he’s the ladykiller between the five of us. Jungmin, he’s the top student of the year. 5 of us are. But he’s the top one. As for Hyungjun, no one doesn’t know him, the most extreme playboy I’ve ever met maybe all of the people in this college ever met. About me? Fighting skills? It’s true that I’m the champion at Korea for Kendo. But I have reason behind it. To take revenge of what Kyujong’s father had done to my family. The reason why this ring is clinging onto my necklace. I didn’t ask for the care he gave me. He also told me to fight. To kill him if I want.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Kyujong-ah!! Come here son!!” He yelled right after we entered his house. A child aroung my age or a little bit younger than me came out running to be held by his dad.

 

“Daddy, you’re home..”

 

“Daddy brought you new friend.. Call him Hyunjoong hyung okay..” He said, putting down his son and left us.

 

“Annyeong Hyunjoong hyung.. I’m Kyujong..” He bowed and offered his hand to me. I hesitated to shook it but in the end I did without looking at him.

 

“Tuum est..” He read the carved on my ring. I never read it before, nor that I know it. “What does it mean?” He asked. I just shook my head and went away from him. Anger still flaming inside of me.

 

“Why are you so cold?” He chased me and touched my cheek. “Even your cheeks are cold..” He said again. I turned to look at him, ready to yell. But I could see warmth on his eyes. A warmth like a real brother.

 

-Flashback-

 

Bang!!

 

I heard a loud of bang on my way to my classroom.

 

“Kim Hyun Joong!! Where are you!” I heard a familiar voice said. Kim Jae Joong. He’s a noble too, not to mention that almost all of the student here are noble or rich people or et cetera.

 

“Hyung, you don’t have to bang the door.. It’ll looked like you came to bully me..” I said to him.

 

“You won’t come out if I didn’t.. Where’s the other?” He said.

 

“Cafeteria.. Kaja..” I said, ignoring all the eyes that focusing at us because of the fuss he made before. The bell rang again right when we were in front of the cafeteria door.

 

“Aish.. What subject next on your class?” He asked me.

 

“I don’t know..” I shook my head.

 

“Aish.. Youngsaeng-ah! What subject next on your class?” He shouted at Youngsaeng who was still busy eating and texting while the others are already heading to their classes. He shook his head like me and still focusing on his phone while chewing his food.

 

“Kyujong-ah! You know it right?” He asked Kyujong.

 

“History.. I think..” He said, not sure.

 

“Why should it be history out all of the subjects..” he sighed.

 

“It’s okay hyung.. It’s not like I have to attend the class..” I said and sat beside Kyujong.

 

“No, you have to, and you both too! What will your brother said to me from up there?” He said, pointing to the ceiling. I just sighed. Looking at Youngsaeng who was still busy texting.

 

“Come on get up!! Or I’ll throw away your new shoes..” He got up from his chair right away after “new shoes” were spoken.

 

“Come on Kyujong-ah!” Youngsaeng said at Kyujong who continued his food.

 

“Hey.. Give me your phone number later..” I could hear Kyujong whispered those things to a new girl at cafeteria and gave her his killer wink.

 

“Yah! Because of you we’re going to be late again..” I smacked his head, looking at the silent corridor in front of my class.

 

“Assa!! Mr. Rio isn’t here yet..” Youngsaeng said looking through the window and went in the class. Someone cleared his throat behind us when we took the third step from the door.

 

“Hyunjoong, Youngsaeng and Kyujong.. 5000 words of essay about world war I and II.. And I want them by next week..” He said, looking at us three.

 

“5000!?” Kyujong said, that’s the worst punishment he gave to us yet in this 2 years of college.

 

“3 days..” Mr.Rio said again.

 

“In 3 days!? Are you going to kill us?” Youngsaeng turned to protest.

 

“No, I’m not going to kill three of you.. No more protest or a single noise or one of you sleeps in my class.. Do those things, and the deadline’s gonna be tomorrow..” He said and motioned us to go to our seat. Almost all of the teachers there are harsh to us. Even though our grades are good. Maybe it’s because we just sometimes attend the classes. Well, except for Jungmin. That geek. We were dead silent for the whole 3 hours. 3 hours of suffering from History. I fell asleep for a few minutes and feels like I have to use Mr.Bean method to kept me awake.

 

“Okay, it’s settled.. Tomorrow’s the deadline..” He said and his line made me fully awake.

 

“What? Why??” I asked.

 

“You fell asleep for 2 minutes.. Don’t you think I didn’t see it..” He said. “Class dismissed, homework for 2 days, essay about the Korean war from the Cold war.. I want them written on a sheet of folio..” He said and left the room.

 

“Hyung!! You don’t know how hard I tried to keep silent..” Kyujong said.

 

“Hyunjoong-ah.. I’ll buy you some wake up pills later..” Youngsaeng patted my shoulder.