A good result

Bonds of reason

Chapter 51 – A good result

 

“Oppa.. Seriously.. What happened to him..?” Al asked me while we were still in the waiting room.

 

“He was sick.. And the doctor said that he had to do the surgery..” I said to her. It’ll be no fun if I tell her that he only had an appendicitis. Well, I mean.. It’s not that serious.

 

“Is it really bad? That he even need to go for a surgery?” She said.


”He’ll be just fine okay..” I assured her.

 

“What if something really happen to him? I still need to apologize to him..” I was actually surprised. Did she find it out already?

 

“You’ve found out?”

 

“De.. I saw that woman was walking with her boyfriend.. She was just playing with Hyungjun.. Even saying that he’s stupid because he likes me.. Seriously.. She looked like an ahjumma.. So I just sent a punch right on her face via my both hands..” She confessed. Wow. This girl. She’s really something. Maybe we shouldn’t mess with a tennis player.


”Hyung, Al.. He’s out..” Kyujong said, and we saw Hyungjun sleeping body laying on the bed.

 

“What? That fast?” I asked him. Al was with Hyungjun already. She couldn’t hide her tears anymore, and she was holding his hand. I wonder why this couple like to do cheesy things.

 

“What do you expect? It’s just an appendicitis..” Joelle whispered to me, looking at Al who was following Hyungjun anywhere.

 

“I’m hungry.. I’ll go get something to eat.. You two should follow them..” I said to them, they nodded and went to follow Al.

 

“Hyunjoong?” I heard Youngsaeng’s voice behind me. I turned over and found him together with Xin and Lea. Xin locked her arm with Lea’s, preventing her from going away.

 

“Ah, you’re here..” I said to them, but Lea’s still avoiding the eye contact between us.

 

“How’s he? Did they make up already?” Youngsaeng asked me.

 

“He just went out from the operation room.. But Al found out the truth though.. So it’l be just fine.”  I said to him, I postponed my plan to eat because of them. They forced me to go with them, to look for the lovey dovey.

 

“Aish.. Stop tweeting for a moment would you?” Xin scolded Youngsaeng who was busily staring at his phone and he almost bumped onto someone.

 

“Wae..-“ He stopped when he looked up and realized Xin’s glare and he put his phone back to the pocket.

 

Then I saw someone, we all stop right at our place. That someone was going to see a gynecologist with another man beside her. I don’t know what kind of feelings I have in mind now. But literally, it could be consider as happy feelings.

 

“Omo.. Is that?”  Xin said, but she stopped halfway and looked at Youngsaeng.

 

“Perfect.” That’s the only word that came out from his mouth and he looked at Lea, waiting for her reaction. She just stood still, making a confused expression.

 

“Lea, wait.” I said, wanted to stopped when she went to them.

 

”Let’s just.. Stay here.. We’ll see what happen..” Youngsaeng said to me as we listened to their uncomfortable conversation in the silent and empty corridor. We were hiding behind a wall which I don’t know why we had to.

 

“Who do you think you are that you could lay your filthy hand on my face?!” I heard Haerin yelled to her loudly. Did she even realize that this is a hospital?

 

“Who’s she?” A guy said.

 

“She’s the one I told you. That stupid girl.”

 

“Do you think you can cover your lies forever?” Lea started to spoke.

 

“Let’s just see.. Your boyfriend would choose who over who..” Haerin said. Was she blind? Or she is now? What the damn was she talking about. She didn’t even use her brain to think.


”You never told me that Hyunjoong had such a pretty girlfriend..” That guy talked again.

 

“Don’t you dare to lay a single finger on me.” Lea said.

 

“You want her? I don’t mind.. As long as you’re being responsible until I deliver this baby..” Haerin said.

 

“Gotcha..” Youngsaeng whispered. He was recording the whole conversation with his phone.

 

“Omo..” Xin mumbled.

 

“Why?” I mouthed her.

 

“Lea slapped him..” She stopped, but I just went to their direction without even thinking twice, when she slapped someone. That means something’s not right.

 

“You..” That guy said.

 

“Lea, let’s go..” I said, taking her hand and, luckily there’s no need for some violence there. I was planning to beat that guy up once he said a thing about Lea again.

 

“You made me worried you know.. They could’ve done some things to you back there..” I said to her when we were outside the building already.

 

“Mianhae..” She said to me. “For not believing in you..” She continued.

 

“I know it’s hard to believe in me again.. I’m sorry too okay..” I messed her hair. I really missed the feeling.

 

“If I could listen to you more than her.. This might not happened..” She said again.

 

“I told you it’s okay right?” I patted her head, she move forward and hugged me. A warm hug from her that I always longing for.

 

“Sorry..” I could hear her mumble. And she cried on my shoulder. “I’m sorry..” She said again. I hugged her tighter. Wanted to calm her down but didn’t know how to. People were looking at us weirdly. It seemed like I was the bully. The bully was bullying his girlfriend. And now he’s saying sorry by hugging her. It may looked like that if you didn’t know the real case.

 

“Hey.. Let’s go.. Hyungjun’s probably awake by now..” I said to her and took her hand. “Don’t cry.. Okay? I couldn’t see my mad girl anymore if you’re keep crying..”

 

“Who did you call mad girl..” She slapped me lightly on my shoulder and wiped her tears. And we went back to the hospital building.

 

“Lea!” I heard Kim’s voice behind us. She’s alone, there’s no sign of Jungmin with her.


”Hi oppa..” She said to me. “Oh! Are you two?” She said a wide smile. Lea just nodded shyly while I just smiled at her.

 

“Finally.. You two managed to get back together.. I was afraid that you two will.. You know.. Cut off the line between you..” She said and we continued our way in a awkward silence between me and Lea.

 

“He’s out already?” I asked Joelle, pointing at Kyujong who was asleep, leaning his head on Joelle’s shoulder.

 

*riing riing* “Yeobuseyeo?”

 

“Well well, finally I managed to make a direct call to you Hyunjoong ssi..”

 

“Who is this?”