My Confession

Bonds of reason

Chapter 35 – My confession.

 

“You’re just as silly as your father..” He said. “A weakling that couldn’t even kill a bird..” He said, and in the end I gave him 2 punches. I don’t care anymore if he’s older or something. I just wanted to punch him. He went unconscious, I didn’t know why. But it seems I imagined something at giving more impact at my hand. Imagining that I really want to knock him down.

 

“Umma.. Hang on..” I mumbled as I lifted her up and went to my car.

 

“Vince.. Where are you?” I said after I dialed his number.

 

“Your home.. What happened?” He said as if he knew that something had happened.

 

“He.. He shot umma.. Could you tell Lea? But don’t make her panic..” I told him.

 

“What?? I should’ve really finish that guy..” He said.

 

“Hey.. listen.. I need you to do me a favor..”

 

“Couldn’t you do it yourself?” He said, being annoying again as always.

 

“Because I know that only you can do it.. Not even me or anyone..” I said to him.

 

“Aish, fine.. What is it?” He finally agreed.

 

“I know this may sound really stupid.. But I want you to do this..”

 

 

-A couple minutes later-

 

 

Footsteps were heard on the waiting room. I was waiting there for Umma, she was in a few minutes ago, went for the surgery. I saw Lea came, running. Her face never looked so pale like this. Panic was written all over her face.

 

“What happened?” She asked me while preventing herself from crying.

 

“She was trying to cover me earlier.. And.. she got shot..” I tried to explain.

 

“Her condition?”

 

“She should be fine.. Don’t worry too much..” I said in a low voice, trying to calm her down because I thought she would broke down anytime.

 

And yeah, she broke down in tears. She was tugging on my shirt now, crying hard on my chest.

 

“I.. couldn’t forgive.. myself if.. something happened to her..” She said between her sobs. My hand moved automatically to caressed her hair.

 

“Kwenchana.. She’ll be okay..” I calmed her down.

 

“I couldn’t.. bear it anymore.. She always tried to protect me while I couldn’t do anything for her..” She said as she cried harder.

 

“If she’s here now, she’ll say ‘Lea, don’t cry or I wont give your pocket money for next week.’ “ I said, trying no make a joke. I bet it’s not even funny. But a little smile formed on her face, she wiped off her tears and we both sat down.

 

“Sorry, but if you don’t mind.. Could we stay like this?” She asked, referring to my hand who was still on her shoulder.

 

Should I say yes? Something inside me was cheering right now, wanting me to say yes. And I nodded in the end.

 

“Thanks.. You really remind me of my late brother..” She gave me a faint smile.

 

A brother. That’s all.

 

“Hey.. Do you still remember when I asked about your childhood crush?” I asked her.

 

“Hm.. Why?” She said in a low voice, leaning her head on my shoulder which gave a little surprise.

 

“What if..” I stopped, not sure if I should say this now.

 

“What if.. What if you met him already but you just didn’t realize it..” I said to him.

 

“I would just hug him? I don’t know, but I would be extremely happy.. He’s my first love after all..” She said, sounded so sleepy. I took me sometime to process her words. Should I tell her?

 

“And.. What if that boy.. What if he’s right beside you right now?” I finally managed to said, it took all my courage to say that line. But there’s no answer from her.

 

“Hey..” I wanted to nudge her but then I stopped when I saw that she had already fallen asleep. Sleeping so soundly like a fairy.

 

“Hyunjoong.. You’re such an idiot..” I mumbled to myself. Smiled helplessly at my confession before. She didn’t hear it after all.