Spinning ‘round?

Bonds of reason

Chapter 53 – Spinning ‘round?

 

“Y-yeah.. I just happened to know him..” I answered, but still wondering in my mind. Is it just another coincidence? Jeez. I don’t like coincidences. There were too much coincidence in my life for 24 years.

 

“That’s great then..” Lea said, smiling at me. “Anyway, what are you doing here?”

 

“To buy prescription.” He said.

 

“Have you eaten? Wanna join?”

 

“Yeah.. Sure..” He said after he took a glance at me. Could he just say no instead of yes? I’m freaking tired of all these things.

 

“So, how are you?” He asked me while Lea was gone to take the orders.

 

“I’m fine.. What exactly are you doing here?” I asked him straight to the point.

 

“Just like what I’ve said.. To buy prescription.”

 

“Come on.. You think I’ll believe that?”

 

“Hm.. No.. But..” He stopped, then continued, “Oh, now that you’ve mentioned it.. I remember something..” Is he really stupid? Vince must’ve resembled him. They really looked like twins. It’s not their looks, it’s just they’re that kind of person.

 

“Just get straight to the point Reo..”

 

“Fine.. It’s either you.. Or us..” He said in English.

 

“You know.. I don’t like riddles..”

 

“If you were the one who come, everyone around you.. Including your girlfriend of course.. Would be just fine.. But..” He continued, looking at me.

 

“What? Just go on..”

 

“But if you decided not to.. You and everyone around you would be in danger..”

 

“Come? Where to?”

 

“To the ceremony of course..”

 

“Ceremony? What ceremony?”

 

“You’ll know it once you’re there.. And trust me.. It won’t be good..”

 

“So.. Is this a warning?”

 

“No.. It’s an information.. Anyway.. You and Vince have to attend the ceremony.. Or else- well, we’ll get to that later..”

 

“What ceremony? Both me and Vince have to come? When?” Really, when would be a stupid question. But there’re bunches of questions floating in my mind. I didn’t even know why I choose when instead of the other questions.

 

“Ask Vince.. He’ll sense something..” He said and got up from his seat.

 

Am I that stupid or he’s the freak? Aish.. He always gave me headache. I mean, if he really wanted to tell me about something important, couldn’t he just use a more simple word. He kept spinning around and never got into the point. And why did he need to tell me those things. Are we enemies or what. Enemy telling his enemy about some informations. Cool. It’s my first time to know such thing.

 

“Where’s Reo?” Lea came back from the counter with a tray on her hand.

 

“He just left..”

 

“Hmm? Weird..”

 

“How did you know him?” I asked her.

 

“He’s Junsu oppa’s house keeper.. Wae? You? How did you know him?”

 

“Junsu? Your childhood oppa? Araseo..”

 

“Aigoo.. Someone’s jealous huh?” She said with a teasing smile. “Ah.. You haven’t answered my question..”

 

“It’s not that important okay.. I knew him from Vince.. Were there by any chance you know..” Crap. Why should I forgot his name at a time like this.

 

“Rex?”

 

“Yeah.. him.. You knew him?”

 

“You knew him too? He’s Reo’s brother right?” She asked back while scooping her food from the plate.

 

Oh shoot.. She knew him too.

 

*riing riing* Her phone rang.

 

“Who?” I asked her. I rarely asked her before. But I didn’t know why I just did.

 

“Junsu oppa? Mind if I pick it up?”

 

“Aish.. Just go..”

 

“Yeoboseyo? Oppa..” “Ne? Araseo I’ll be there soon..” She hung up.


”Wae? You need to go?”

 

“Uhuh.. He was asking for a help to choose a present for her girlfriend.” Why did he had to asked for her help to choose a present for his girlfriend.

 

“Why couldn’t he choose by himself?” I said my protest.

 

“Aigoo.. You don’t need to be jealous.. He’s only a brother for me okay?”

 

“I’m not jealous.” I stopped. “Fine.. Just go.. I’ll call you later..”

 

“Ei.. You’re cute when you’re jealous..” She pinched my cheek and left, waving her hand at me.

 

*riing riing* Now it’s my phone’s turn to rang. Should I throw it away? Oh.. It’s Vince.

 

“What?”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Why did you always ask that when you call.. There’re many other question beside where are you..”

 

“It’s my style okay.. Where are you now?”

 

“Hospital, wae?”

 

“Could we meet now? It’s important..” Important? I doubt that’ll be “important”.