Love her? Don’t love her?

Bonds of reason


Chapter 7 – Love her? Don’t love her?

 

*knock knock* I could hear someone was knocking the door hard.

 

*knock knock* Even harder.

 

“Hyung!! It’s 8 already!! Don’t you want to go eat??” Kyujong shouted.

 

*Bang bang*

 

He was already banging the door. This kid. He never keep quiet for just a few minutes.

 

“Aish.. Arasso..” I said opening the door. He was holding a cup of coffee in his right hand.

 

“Downstairs.. Dad’s waiting too..” He said and went downstairs while I went back to my bed.

 

*riing riing* “Hyung, where are you?” Jungmin said on the phone.

 

“Home, wae?”

 

“Can I go to your home.. Now? I need something important to talk to you..”

 

“Arasso..” I hung up. It’s so rare if Jungmin wants to go to my place. I was thinking all possibility that could happen. Some problem at school? No way. He’s way too smart. Problem with his friends? No. Girlfriend? No. Wait.. Girlfriend..? Oh God.. That must be it. I just sighed and went out from my room and went downstairs.

 

“What took you so long hyung.. I’m hungry you know..” Kyujong said.

 

“Jungmin called me, he’s coming here..” I said.

 

“Jungmin? Park Jung Min? Wow..” He asked in disbelief.

 

“Could you please be silent.. We’re eating..” Father complained to him. Then we eat in silence until I heard the horn of Jungmin’s Porsche honked. He came in after a few minutes.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo uncle..” He bowed to big man.

 

“Hello Jungmin.. Long time no see.. How’s your parents? Have you eaten yet?” He asked him.

 

“Oh, they’re doing really fine.. And I’ve eaten already.. Thanks.” Jungmin said. “Hyung, I’ll just wait in your room..” He said and went to my room.

 

“Eat.. Slower..” Big man said to Kyujong. He was eating like there’s no tomorrow. But he never gets fat, even though I’m the same as him. Never gets fat.

 

“I’m done.. See you later father..” I said and went to my room.

 

“What’s up..” I said to him. He was playing with my Xbox.

 

“Hyung.. I’m really confused right now..”

 

“Speak.. Clearly..”

 

“It’s about Lea..”

 

“What’s up with her? Or is it from your side?”

 

“My side.. I don’t know.. When I have a feeling for her, this girl named Kim who was my first love came out from nowhere.. And you know.. I never forget her, maybe she was my only girl from the beginning.” He said. It’s only a day and he met his first love. I don’t even plan anything yet to take my revenge for that girl.

 

“Uh.. So? You’re going to break up with her? It’s not even a day yet..” I said.

 

“That’s the problem.. I’m not going to break up with her.. But I’m not sure about my feeling either..” He sighed and sat on my bed. I don’t know why, but I feel pity for that Lea girl. Maybe I should do something for them.

 

“Don’t break up with her yet if you’re not sure.. Think about it.. It’s not even a day yet right.. Just go on with her like usual.. Don’t mention anything about uhm.. Oh, Kim.. Don’t mention anything about Kim to her..” I don’t want to help Lea, but he’s my dongsaeng after all.

 

“Arasso.. Thanks hyung.. I don’t know what should I do without you..”

 

“Aigoo this kid.. Go home.. We have class tomorrow..” I pushed him outside.

 

“Arasso, see you tomorrow hyung.. God, you surprised me..” He said when he almost bumped on Kyujong who was heading to my room.

 

“What’s up Jungminnie.. It’s rare that you come here..” Kyujong said.

 

“Uh.. Nothing.. See you tomorrow Kyujong-ah..” He said and ran downstairs.

 

“Wae? You have a problem?” I asked him, the things that made him came up to my room are if he’s having problem with his girlfriend, when I’m sick, when he’s having nightmare, or when he’s waking me up.

 

“Hyung, I wanted to ask you something.. And please.. Speak honestly if you know it..”

 

“Hm? Go on..”

 

“Youngsaeng hyung like Xin doesn’t he?” He asked me.

 

“Uhm, you could say that..” I nodded. Why are they asking about love to me? What am I? Love consultant?

 

“Arasso..” He said but he stopped when he almost reached the door. ”Hyung..” he said.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Can I sleep with you tonight?”

 

I sighed, he must be having a problem. I love him like I always love my hyung, like a real brother. “Arasso..” I said. He laid onto my bed and closed his eyes while facing the ceiling.

 

“Waeyo? Tell me.” I was like commanding him rather that asking him to tell me his problem. If I didn’t do it, he wouldn’t tell me and he would drown himself on that problem.

 

“I’m confused.. I like Xin.. But I’m not sure I like her as a woman or just as a dongsaeng.. Maybe Youngsaeng hyung could make her happy..” He sighed.

 

“Just follow your heart..” I said.

 

“I know.. It’s just.. I don’t know.. My mind messed up..”

 

“Go to sleep, you can join me and Youngsaeng the day after tomorrow.. A girl is having her birthday party.. She invited me and Youngsaeng over.. I bet she wouldn’t mind if you come..” I said to him.

 

“Thanks hyung..”

 

“No worries.. She’s pretty anyway.. That girl that invite me and Youngsaeng..” He just chuckled and rolled over. I took my guitar and played Canon in D, his favourite song from me when I played the guitar.

 

“Night hyung..” He went to his deep sleep. I stopped as soon as I realized he was sleeping. Canon in D. My favourite song from my late hyung. A sad song for me, yet refreshing.

 

How could my dongsaeng keep having problems in love when I was always having problems with bad guys chasing me and my ring around. I know what Tuum est means, it means “It’s all up to you”. But still, I couldn’t find the answer behind those words. I always thought having a problem in love would be better than having problem in life. I always had a miserable life. Facing death for three times. Got kidnapped for several times. But maybe a problem in love wouldn’t be good for health too, looking at my dongsaeng’s problem.

 

I sighed. Hoping for a brand new day waiting for me tomorrow