It keeps connecting

Bonds of reason

Chapter 22 – It keeps connecting

 

“You know him?” Klaude asked me while looking at me expression.

 

“.. I.. Don’t know..” He’s someone that I don’t even know, but I’ve saw him. Dang, why should I forget at a time like this. “Did you make another copy?” I asked him. He nodded and passed me a CD.

 

“Arasso, thanks.” I said and went out, going to my room. “Oh, and try to search for his profile.” I said to him.

 

“Hyunjoong! Come here!” Father called me. Ugh.. What again? He visited Kyujong already. What else he wanted to know.

 

“Yes??” I stressed the word once I went in his study.

 

“Oh, here..” He passed me a big brown envelope.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Well, you, Kyujong and Youngsaeng will be graduating soon right?” He asked, I nodded, so what if I’m going to graduate soon?

 

“Fill up the form then.. You’re going to Canada for university with Kyujong and Youngsaeng. I’ve told Youngsaeng’s parents too..” He said. Canada? Come on.

 

“Can’t I just stay here? In Korea?” I asked him.

 

“No. Korea is too dangerous for you.”

 

“Why did you send Kyujong and Youngsaeng too?” Youngsaeng and Kyujong has nothing to do with this.

 

“I want the best education for all of you okay. So I recommended to Youngsaeng’s parents, and they agreed.” He said, and he went back to his work. I went out from the room and went downstairs.

 

“Glenn!” I called out. No answer. “Glenn.. Glenn? Where are you?” I called out again, but still to no avail. “Glennby do bi doo!! Where are you!!” I shouted, my voice echoed around the house.

 

“Hm? What? What happened?” He appeared from his room, his hair was in a mess. Looks like he just got up from sleep.

 

“What’s for dinner?” I asked him.

 

“Why did you ask me? I’m not the chef. You should ask the chef, not me.” He said, scratching his head. He’s not the chef. But I like his dish better than the chef’s.

 

“Aish, ask him then.” I told him and he went to the kitchen. I went back to my room, trying to think about the guy on the video. Seems like I’ve seen him somewhere at school.

 

*riing riing* “De?”

 

“Hyung.. Could you come here now? To the hospital? Your silly brother opened up his wound..” Jungmin said. For goodness sake, couldn’t they let me be in peace for a while. And that Kyujong, aish.. What did he do again.

 

“Aish.. Arasso..” I took my laptop along with the video CD. And went again to the hospital to visit my silly brother.

 

-A few moments later-

 

“What happened?” I asked Jungmin, Kim and Joelle. They’re the only one left there. Youngsaeng and the other already went back home.

 

“I don’t know, I found him at the bathroom and his wound already opened.” Jungmin said, pointing at Kyujong who was innocently looking at us.

 

“What the hell did you do?” I flicked his head.

 

“Hyung, that hurts.. I didn’t do anything.. The doctor said I made too much movements.” He rubbed his forehead.

 

“Jo, you could go home.. It must be tiring to take care of this kid.” I said to Joelle who looked sleepy.

 

“But..” she said.

 

“It’s okay Jojo.. You could go home.. You must be tired.” Kyujong’s turn to said.

 

“Arasso.. Rest well oppa..” she came up to him and gave a light peck on his cheek.

 

“You too..” He messed her hair and whispered, “Love you..” She smiled.

 

“See you Kim, Jungmin oppa, Hyunjoong oppa..” She said her goodbye and took her leave.

 

“Oppa, I need to get back home too.. It’s almost late..” Kim said.

 

“I’ll take you home..” Jungmin said right after she mentioned about going back home.

 

“Arasso.. Just go..” I said to them and they took their leave too.

 

“Who will be staying here with me then?” Kyujong asked after they all left.

 

“Me. But I’m not here to babysit you. So do as I told you.”

 

“Aish.. Hyung.. You found the culprit right?” Kyujong asked me.

 

“Yes, but I don’t know who’s he..” I said to him.

 

“Really? Weird.. who’s going to kill me.. I don’t feel like I have any enemies..” He said wondering.

 

“I don’t know.. But I think I’ve seen him before somewhere, maybe you should take a look too..” I took my laptop and show him the video.

 

“No way..” He mumbled.

 

“You know??”

 

“He’s our senior, the one that got dropped out on his last year because of me. And he’s..” He said.

 

“He’s what?”

 

“Joelle’s ex.”

 

“Cool, no wonder he wanted to kill you so much..”

 

“Oh yeah.. and one more..” He said.

 

“What?”

 

“He’s Lea’s step brother.”