Basement's incident

Bonds of reason

Chapter 23 -  Basement’s incident.

 

“Her what?” I asked him.

 

“Step brother. Don’t tell me you didn’t hear what I’ve said before.”

 

“She has a step brother??” I asked. Her mom didn’t mention about his husband getting married or she’s married with someone.

 

“Yes. Come on, almost everyone in this school knew that she’s and her step brother are the children of the co-owner of this school, but her step brother got expelled by the owner so her father couldn’t do anything about it. Poor her.. She had such a complicated family..” He explained.

 

“Yea, right..” I mumbled. Step brother? What the hell is going to happen from now. When her life got complicated, my life became even more complicated than it used to.

 

“Hyung, what’re you going to do?”

 

“Me? Do you want me to deal with him?”

 

“Anni.. Just leave him..”

 

“As you please then..” I said, actually I was thinking deep in my thoughts. I couldn’t believe if Lea’s stepbrother attacked Kyujong just because Joelle broke up with him and chose Kyujong. There must be a reason behind it.

 

“Hey, I think.. I need to do something tomorrow.. I’ll just call Glenn to stay here with you okay?” I said to him.

 

“You think? You’re not even sure of what’ll you do tomorrow? You didn’t go to school?”

 

“No, I’ll pass the last one..” I said and dialed Glenn’s number.

 

“Wae?” Glenn’s voice echoed in my ear after the 7th ring.

 

“Could you come to Seoul Community Hospital? And I mean now.”

 

“Waeyo? Kyujongie?” He asked and mumbled something.

 

“Yea, I need you to stay with him.. Come on Glenn.. I need to do something tomorrow..” I pleaded him.

 

“Arasso.. You owe me one okay..” He chuckled a bit and hung up. I was just asking him to stay with Kyujong, why’s he taking a big deal with it.

 

“Come on hyung.. Do I really have to stay with Glenn?” Kyujong asked.

 

“Unless you want to sleep alone in this room..” I said to him. He just sighed and switched on the TV.

 

“So.. How was it?” I asked him.

 

“How was what?”

 

“You and Joelle, became together..” I grinned at him.

 

“Well, once after you all leave she explained to me everything and..” He said and blushed.

 

“And?”

 

“No, nothing..” He said, hugging his bear and closed his eyes, pretending to sleep. “Hyung, don’t leave before I went to my deep sleep okay.” He said.

 

-Next day in the morning-

 

“Klaude, let’s go..” I said to him and went to his car.

 

“Wait.. I forgot the address..” He said and went back to the house.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Here..” Klaude passed me a stack of paper once I got home.

 

“Huh?” I read it thoroughly. Han Seung Joo. Age 21. Along with the photo of that Han Seung Joo.

 

“Him? You sure it’s him? He doesn’t look like the one we saw on the video..”

 

“He’s done plastic surgery a year ago, and that the photo when he’s still on highschool..” He explained.

 

“Oh.. Hey, is this where he live now?” I asked, he nodded. I looked at him.

 

“What?”

 

-End of flashback-

 

“Let’s go.. But. I’ve told you right, you’ll take the full responsibility of this.. You have to be responsible if I got fired too..” He said to me for the fifth times.

 

“You won’t get fired..” I said to him, there’s no way I would let someone fired him. I don’t think there’s a butler like him left in the world.

 

“I’ll drive..” He said and hit the gas. We arrived at a fancy apartment not far from Lea’s home.

 

“This is it?” I asked him.

 

“Uhuh.. thirty... second floor..” He said, while reading the address again.

 

“The penthouse?” I pointed at the top of the building. He nodded.

 

“Don’t you think we should park this car first? We’re making a traffic jam here..” I said looking at a long line of the cars, which keep honking their horn. So, we went to the basement.

 

“What’re you gonna do?” Klaude asked me after he parked his car and went to the elevator.

 

“Dealing with him?” I said to him. His expression change. “No, just some talk..” I said again.

 

“For goodness sake, I won’t forgive you if you-“ A loud bang interrupted him. I pulled him behind aside and hide behind the wall as I heard 2 guys were speaking or I could tell shouting.

 

“I told you to get him!! Not stabbed his brother!!” A familiar voice said.

 

“Sorry dad, I’ll get him next time..” The other guy said. I focused at his face, it was Han Seung Joo. If he’s talking to his father, then it means he’s talking to Lea’s father.

 

“Next time! Hah! You always said that! How many of your men that got defeated by him?! And I don’t want to know about your love life!” His father said. Seung Joo remains silent.

 

“I’ll get him by myself..” Seung Joo said.

 

“You better get him next time or else-“ He stopped, as his gazed were locked at me. “I’ll get him myself..” He continued and walked to my direction.

 

“Hyunjoong run.” I heard Klaude said. “Now!!”