Bad luck

Bonds of reason

Chapter 44 – Bad luck

 

“Yah. Where are you now?” I was on the phone with Vince after I finally found a taxi. They crashed my car for goodness sake. They’re not even sorry for almost making me hurt. Well, I won’t get hurt in the first place. But my car was pretty damaged. I don’t thing I could use it anymore.

 

“Office.. And you have to come here. Now.”

 

“Why? Is it that bad?” I asked him. I’ve heard rumors that the company in Korea hasn’t been going well. But hearing Vince’s tone of speaking, looks like it’s really serious.

 

“I don’t know.. My head will explode.”

 

“No way. You’re a spirit.”

 

“Whatever. Come here now.” He hung up. He’s so sensitive nowadays. He got irritated easily.

 

“Sorry, but could you send me to 501 building? It’s not far from here.” I said to the taxi driver. I was thinking of going somewhere else before. But Vince just ruined my plan.

 

*ring ring* Hae Rin.

 

“Jeez.. What does she up to..” I mumbled and ignored the call. But I couldn’t stand it anymore so I just took off the battery from it.

 

“Sir, we’re here..” The driver said. I went out after paying. I never realized it before, that this building was huge.

 

“You came by a taxi? Where’s your car?” Vince said when I met him at the lobby. He was planning to go somewhere. I think.

 

“Something happened. Something connected to the thing you don’t allow me to ask. And what are you doing now? You told me to come here and now you’re leaving..”

 

“Something that I don’t allow you to ask? What is it?” He acted stupid or he’s really stupid.

 

“Aish.. Whatever. I’m going to my office..” I said and walked away, but he place his hand on my shoulder, preventing me from going. “What?”

 

“Tell me it’s a lie.” He said.

 

“What lie?” I asked.

 

“The thing that was connected to something I don’t allow you to ask.” He said, looking straight at my eyes.

 

“Wae.. Don’t be so serious.. It’s not like you.” I shrugged his hand of my shoulder. Dang.. He will know everything even if I don’t tell him. I thought to myself.

 

“It’s true.. Man. We should stay at Canada instead of going back here.. And. You overused your power right?” He asked.

 

“Yeah.. So many bad things happened after I stepped my feet in my homeland..” I said, ignoring his question.

 

“That’s not what I mean. Now you’re coming with me and you’re going to tell me for what just happened.” He dragged me to a coffee shop across the street.

 

“You don’t allow me to ask a thing about it.. Why are you telling me to tell you now..” I said once we took a seat.

 

“I told you to tell me, not ask..” He said.

 

“I won’t tell if you won’t allow me to ask about it..” I said.

 

“Aish.. Fine. Now go.” He told me. So I just spitted out everything that happened in that dark room.

 

“Aish.. I’m sure Reo won’t do anything to you.. But Rex would do something dangerous..” He said.

 

“Rex? Is that his name? He didn’t look like he could fight..” I said to him.

 

“Just wait until you see his power..” He said while ordering a cup of coffee.

 

“What’s his power?”

 

“I forgot.. But it must be dangerous.. Like yours.” He said and took a sip of his coffee.

 

“You forgot? Jeez.. I don’t know where is this conversation going.. I’m off..” I said and got up from my seat.

 

“Arasso, see you at the office..”

 

“Oh.. And Reo asked me to told something to you.. The time will come. Soon.” I said and left the coffee shop, heading to my office.

 

*riing riing* “Yeobuseyo?”

 

“Hyung, you wouldn’t believe who I just saw.” Kyujong said with such a tone.


”Who?”

 

“That witch!!”

 

“WHAT? Where??”

 

“In front of the house’s gate. Jeez.. I almost had a heart attack.” He said.

 

“Arasso, I won’t be coming home today.. Told Klaude to chase her out as soon as possible.” I said and hung up. Does the goddess of fortune hate me so much? It has been so terrible for me for this whole week.

 

*riing riing* “Jeez.. So many phone calls..” I grumbled.

 

“De umma?”

 

“Hyunjoong-ah, could you come over today? We’re having a dinner tonight.” Umma said on the other line.

 

“Dinner? Tonight? But..” I wanted to say no, but it was so hard to say no, especially to her.

 

“No buts.. We’ll be waiting for you.. See you later.” She said and hung up without giving me chance to say anything.


This is the worst day I’ve ever had.

 

----------------------------------------

Author's Note:

As you could realized, chapter 40s were about double HJ love life (:

there will be another problem that come up from chapter 50 and on~ (it's not love problem =P)