Burning

Bonds of reason

 

Chapter 30 – Burning.

 

“I still couldn’t believe that you mastered it within 3 days..” Vince said to me. The whole 3 days. 3 days from suffering, training, wanting to make it perfect. And now I could even make a singe handed one. Which led Vince to his awe.

 

“Anyway, let’s eat.. I’m freaking hungry..” He rubbed his stomach.

 

“You go with Kyu. I’m not feeling well..” I said and buried my head onto the pillow. I was all dizzy since this morning. Lucky it’s holiday or I’ll fail for my final exam.

 

“Arasso..” He said and went out from my room.

 

I was looking for my phone when I knocked something down. It’s my family’s photo. The glasses were shattered into little pieces.

 

“Crap..” I mumbled as I picked it up one by one, but I got a scratch on my thumb.

 

*riing riing* “Yea?” I said with a low voice, wanting to ease the pain.

 

“Could you come over to my house?” Youngsaeng said.

 

“Not now please.. I’m suffering from headache..” I said.

 

“Come on Hyunjoongie.. Pleasse?? It’s important..” He insisted. It’s important.. For him..

 

“Arasso..” I said then hung up. It’s better to not argue with him.

 

“Oh God.. I feel like throwing up right now..” I mumbled as I threw myself onto my bed.

 

Someone came in my room.

 

“You okay?” Klaude asked.

 

“Hm? Yea.. I think..” I got up and took my key.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Klaude asked me when I walked out from my room.

 

“Youngsaeng’s house..” I said and walked away, but he stopped me and touched my forehead.

 

“You’re not going.. You’re running a high fever..”

 

“I could still walk in a straight line.. I’m going.. I’m stuck here..” I said to him and went for my car.

 

“Make sure you’ll get home safely, or I’ll be dead..” Klaude said and I took my leave.

 

Driving when you’re having a fever is sure uncomfortable. I was having the hot and cold feeling. Freezing outside, burning inside.

 

“Huh? It’s blocked?” I mumbled. And dialed Youngsaeng’s number.

 

“Waeyo?” Youngsaeng said on the phone.

 

“The way to your place was blocked.. How am I suppose to get there?” I asked him.

 

“Really? I’ll tell someone to pick you up..” He hung up.

 

I just sat on my car, waiting for someone to come for me. Unfortunately, there were more than a person came up to me. You know what I mean. Old problems.

 

“Get out!!” A person shouted while banging my car’s window.

 

“Man.. These people don’t know how much the window cost..” I sighed and closed my eyes.

 

“Get out or we’ll shoot!!” One of them shouted while holding a gun.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“Don’t overused your power.. It’ll affect your body..” Vince said to me while we were practicing.

 

“Really? But how come I’m not?” I asked him as I played with the plasma on my hand. It’s dangerous for the other people, but it’s just some kind of a soft toys for us, Sorcerers.

 

“Aish.. How stupid you could be.. That’s why I always told you to make the circle before we go through the training. It’ll not affect you as long as you’re inside. Once you stepped out, you have to be careful..” He explained.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

I got out from my car and took my key with me. There’s no way they’re going to take my car away.

 

*Bang bang*

 

They looked confused, scared, confused again when they saw I was extremely okay, except for my fever of course.

 

“Looking for this?” I asked them while showing them two bullets on my hand.

 

“Shut up!!” That person yelled and another man caught me from the back.

 

“We should tell the boss..” The other person said, but his phone turned into a trash before he could dialed the number.

 

“What the.. Yah! What happened to you!?” He yelled at his friends who was groaning in pain. I really didn’t mean to hurt him. The plasma went boosted all of a sudden. Which never happens before.

 

“You and your friends over there should go now, or you’ll gonna end up like him..” I threatened. But they’re not going back. Should I fight them up, but my whole body is soar.

 

“Aish.. do you really want to fight a sick person?” I said as they’re all coming up to me.

 

 

-A few minutes later-

 

 

If you look at the scene, it’ll look as if I’m the bad guy and caused a big explosion in this place. I’m dead tired, exhausted, and my whole body is burning.

 

It’s my first time for handling that amount of plasma. It came up from nowhere without me realizing it but it drained my energy. Luckily I could beat them up in one strike.

 

I went back to my car and sat there and closed my eyes. I went all dizzy again.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“What is it like to have a normal life?” The five years old me was hearing my parents conversation. Hearing, not eavesdropping. It was my dad who asked.

 

“Why did you ask?” My mom ask him.

 

“Just wanna know the difference between the normal and the.. abnormal one..”

 

“You’re saying your life is abnormal?”

 

“No, it’s just sometimes I think that.. It would be fun and relaxing to have such a normal life.. And I’m really sorry for you for involving you in this matter..”

 

“Hey, don’t regret it.. We wouldn’t be able to meet Vince if it’s not your destiny.. It has been fated that you’re going to stand next in line..” Mom said.

 

“Yeah.. I know.. But what about Hyunjoong? I’m not sure I could see him growing up.. And he has to suffer like me.. You know, he won’t be at peace if anyone knew that he is the next..”

 

“Don’t you dare to say that again..” My mom put her finger on my father’s lips. But I was only five back then. Not knowing a single thing that they were talking about.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

Normal life, would be more than great for me. That’s what I’ve been wanting since I knew all of the truth. But that doesn’t mean I regretted meeting with Vince and learning powers. I could feel that somehow Vince and me were bonded to each other.

 

Normal life.. Is that even possible for someone like me?