✏ five: Ddukbokki [ Seyoung / Hahun ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Ddukbokki
Pairing: Oh Sehun & Oh Hayoung [ Seyoung / Hahun ]
Written: November 2012
Words: 810
Inspired by: Hayoung's favorite food being ddukbokki & Sehun replying on the fanboard about ddukbokki.

☁☁☁ 

Frustration rises in the secluded room in the small apartment. However, frustration wasn't the only thing rising. The aroma of some spices roams around the apartment as the male's attention is solely on the food in front of him. Don't burn it, Sehun. Don't burn it. He nods to himself and sighs softly, watching the rice cakes starting to cook.

Suddenly, the phone ring echoes in the living room, Sehun quickly striding over to answer it. "Hello? Hayoung-ah!" His slightly angered face immediately softens as he smiles, nodding, "You're coming soon? Alright, I'll see you later!" Hanging up, he walks over to the kitchen, stirring in the stock. 

While he's cooking, the moments of him and Hayoung first eating ddukbokki together as children runs through his mind. 

"Yah, Hayoungie! You have sauce all over your mouth!" The 12 year old Sehun shouted as he grabbed a napkin, wiping the 10 year old Hayoung's mouth. Hayoung puts on a displeased face as she pointed to him, "What about you? You have more sauce all over your face than me!" She nodded and does the same, wiping his mouth.

"Hmph. Ladies need manners!" He retorted as he crossed his arms while sticking out his tongue. Hayoung scrunched her face, lifting her glasses up, "Men needs to kind to the ladies!" 

Sehun's expression softens as he decides to follow what Hayoung said, "Alrighty then! ...Say ah!~" He picked up a piece of ddukbokki with his chopsticks, holding it up to . Hayoung blinked as she slowly opened , being fed by her best friend at that time. 

Unfortunately, his flashback interrupts him as the smell of something burnt enters his nose. His face suddenly turns disappointed, his mouth dropping. "No no! Oh Sehun, you burnt it!" He looks at the pot of the rice cake sticking on the pan and the sauce turning a slight black color. He quickly turns off the stove and looks at the product in front of him. 

The click of the door catches his attention, Sehun biting his bottom lip and hanging his head. "Oppa, I'm home," Hayoung's sweet, but tired voice reverberates throughout the room. A cold, bitter aura surrounds the area as Hayoung slowly closes the door and places her bag down. "Sehun-ah?" She whispers as she smells something burnt. 

As she enters the kitchen, she sees a concerned Sehun standing in front of the stove with his head hanging down. Making her way closer, she sees the burnt ddukbokki in front of her eyes. She chuckles softly to herself, making Sehun question her. Was she laughing because of his failure or was she laughing because of something else? 

"Yah, don't be sad," She smiles and looks at him, seeing an apron wrapped around his torso. She sighs softly as Sehun has his stoic expression, so she grabs a pair of chopsticks and makes her way back to the stove.

Sehun's head snaps to Hayoung, his mouth dropping and his head shaking, "No, Hayoung, don't..." However, Hayoung disobeys and picks up a piece of ddukbokki, eating the burnt product. Even though there was a slight distaste, she continued eating, smiling softly at her boyfriend. 

"Oh Sehun," She begins as she places the chopsticks down, swallowing the piece in . "I was really surprised at you making ddukbokki. It was really sweet," Her lips curve into a wider smile which leads to Sehun wrapping his arms around her petite waist. "I wanted it to be perfect though. I kept reminding myself to not burn it, but I got distracted," He cheekily smiles and then pouts, hanging his head down to touch foreheads. 

"I'm sure you'll make it perfect soon. Even if your food is burnt, I'll still eat it because I know you tried your best," She nods and looks up at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. A small grin appears on her boyfriend's face, his grasp around her waist getting tighter. "You always have the right words to say," He smiles and kisses her forehead softly.

"How about we make ramyeon instead?" She chuckles softly and glances up at him, receiving a small pout from him. "Can we make it later on? I don't want to let go of you yet," He sighs softly and hugs her tightly, having her face hiding in the crook of his neck. 

After embracing in the hug for a couple of seconds, Hayoung pulls away slightly and tilts her head, "What were you distracted by anyways?" A small chuckle escapes from his lips as he pecks her nose, "The first time we ate ddukbokki when we were young." 

"Aigoo," She rests her hands on his upper arms, tippy toeing slightly to kiss his cheek shyly, "Next time, I'll make you ddukbokki instead." He nods in agreement, smiling brightly, "I'll look forward to Hayoungie's delicious ddukbokki!"