The Act

Stuck With You

 

 

 

 

~Ki-bum’s P.O.V ~

 

                “Cha-eun, I’m begging you. Tell me the truth.” I pleaded to the girl in front of me. I’ve been looking for her for three days now and I’m lucky I did find her. I can’t force myself to ignore Yuna anymore.

 

                “Oppa, what are you talking about?” she innocently asked, making my teeth seethe in anger. She just finished her daily practice and I just ran away from my schedule saying that I need something to do. I don’t have time to mess around.

 

                “Yuna.” I started. “What did you do to her?”

 

                Cha-eun stared at my, wide eyed as if my words are news to her. I held her shoulders in a gentle way, urging her to answer my question.

 

                “Don’t. Cha-eun... Stop. I won’t do anything that would harm him... Please don’t.” Yuna talked in her sleep that time, repeating the same phrase over and over again. She’s shaking and sweating it got me scared, so I started singing. That’s the night when Yuna told me to stop singing in her sleep; the night when she bit my hand.

 

                “I didn’t...” Cha-eun shook her head, I shook her shoulder.

 

                “I’m over with the pretentions. You’re my friend but Yuna is my girl.” I explained as I shook her again. “Please tell me what you did wrong to her for her to be that scared.”

 

                Instead of answering, Cha-eun smiled. She looked me in my eyes and leaned closer. I tried to step back when realization hit me. My eyes wandered off to space and the next thing I felt was her lips on mine. A tear fell from my eye.

 

                So, this is it? The reason behind it all is actually me. I’m the one to be blamed for Yuna’s hurting. I’m the one who caused her to be that scared. And I’m so oblivious to that fact that I even thought of myself as her prince where in fact I’m not. I’m just the evil guy who lets his girl get hurt because of his elusiveness.

 

                “I like you, Ki-bum oppa.” Cha-eun, who now stepped back to her previous place, admitted. My eyes focused on her again. “And I won’t let that stranger just steal you from me like that.”

 

                “Steal me... from you?” I dropped my hands from her shoulder and bowed my head. Am I really that blind to notice the feelings of the people around me?

 

                “Oppa, she’s nothing! Can’t you see that? I’m just protecting you!” she reached for my arm but I stepped back.

 

                “So, all this time, I’m the one who’s hurting her?” I bitterly stated, having that overwhelming feeling as I accept the fact. “All this time, I told myself I’ll protect her, but I’m the one causing the damages.”

 

                “Oppa?”

 

                “I don’t deserve her, do I? A guy like me don’t deserve her.” I held my face on my hands, trying to block anymore facts that may come out.

 

                “She’s the one who doesn’t deserve you! She’s just a girl who got lost in our country. It’s not even your job to take care of her. I don’t even understand how you came to like her! While me, I’m by your side your whole life!” Cha-eun’s voice shook, too I removed my hands from my face and saw her crying.

 

                “Cha-eun, stop.” I ordered with all the strength left in me. “I’m sorry for putting you in a position like this. I’m sorry if you liking me made you do things that shouldn’t have been done.”

 

                “Oppa, no!” she cried out.

 

                “I’m sorry.” I repeated as I turned my back to her.

 

                “I can do anything!” she screamed and I turned to look at her again in terror.

 

                Cha-eun can do anything. And Yuna would be hurting again. She’d be in pain and she won’t even tell me anything about it. She’ll be suffering while I make the most out of our relationship. What good would that do to her; to us? Up to what extent could I hold onto her?

 

                “I will do anything to sue her away from you. I will do anything for you to hate her! Even if that means destroying your career.” She grinned, knowing she have the ace on this argument. I just stared at her more, trying to figure out how to escape this situation.

 

                “The effort you put in to reach the place where you are now, you’re ready to give that up just for a girl like her? The sacrifices you made will all be in vain just because of that troublemaker.” She added. I closed my eyes.

 

                “Stop.” I murmured, holding onto my sanity.

 

                “And she’ll be hurt, too. Fans will hate and hunt her. She’ll be an overnight hit when the news spread. And you’ll be forced to push her away too as she cry because of all of the hate she’ll be receiving. She’ll be...”

 

                “I said stop!” I shouted as I charge toward her. “You won’t hurt her. You won’t threaten her. You won’t do anything.” I told her as I held her by her shoulders again.

 

                “Why would I do that, Ki-bum-shi?” she asked like an innocent kid.

 

                I sighed before letting the words slip off from my mouth. The words, which I know, would be the only solution to stop all of these chaotic things happening to me. I hung my head as I admit defeat, from the friend I knew for a long time. But, I’ll not be hers. I won’t be hers.

 

 

 

                I spent the whole day rehearsing and filming like I’m supposed to be. I intentionally exhausted myself until midnight just to be forced to take a rest once I’m back to the dorms. I also need these activities to avoid myself from too much thinking. I don’t want to think about these stuffs for now. It hurts too much.

 

                “We’re here.” Our manager announced as he got off the van. “Take a rest. You still have a full day tomorrow.” He reminded. I thanked him before heading towards the door.

 

                I dragged myself in as soon as I had the door opened. The lights were out on the living room and that made relief flood through me. It means Yuna’s asleep and I can still avoid the doom I’m about to reveal to her.

 

                “You’re home.” A tiny voice suddenly said before my feet touched the first step on the stairs. I glanced up and saw the shadow of the figure just ahead me. Then the lights flickered to life, revealing the person I least wanted to see that moment.

 

                “Oh, I’m home. I had a long day. I want to rest.” I said hardly, calming the tension inside me.

 

                “Oppa, can we talk?” she asked, going down the stairs to block my way.

 

                “I’m really tired. Can’t we talk tomorrow?” I tried to push her away.

 

                “Tomorrow you’ll be gone even before I wake up and then you’ll be back about the same time tonight. We won’t have time.” She stated. I stepped back and leaned on the wall to close my eyes.

 

                “Be quick.” I ordered as coldly as I can muster.

 

                “I went to see you earlier at your building.” She started. In my mind, a thousand possibilities and scenes which she may have seen came up.

 

                “I’m busy. Don’t go barging into the building next time. Just call.” I inhaled a large amount of air before continuing. “Or, better not. I have a full schedule, I won’t even have time to pick up.”

 

                “Oppa, have you been practicing with Cha-eun again?” she asked again, ignoring my coldness. My eyes snapped open as I heard Cha-eun’s name. Have she seen us talking? Have she seen us...

 

                “Why?” I succeeded in maintaining my calm. “What’s Cha-eun role in this?”

 

                “I... I saw you talking to her earlier.” Her voice started shaking, but after a few moments, she continued. “You were kissing.”

 

                My chest tightened as I hear her words. Breathing lost its natural charm to calm me like it always did before in tense situations. I gulped and bit my lower lip. I don’t want this to happen. I don’t want to do it today. I don’t want to end it now.

 

                “Were you practicing your acting skills that time?” she asked again and when I looked up at her, tears were streaming down her face. “That’s an act, right?”

 

                I forced myself to stand up on my own. I inhaled and dropped my bag on the ground, then I crossed my arms on my chest.

 

                “That...” my voice wavered and I coughed to clear it back to its cold tone. “Why are you nosing around? Are you a stalker fan now? Why are you following me around and asking me these questions when you saw something you didn’t want to see?”

 

                I’m sorry... I’m really sorry.

 

                “Oppa, I thought we’re together. I thought... I’m your girlfriend.” She sobbed and I had to exert all my strength to stop myself from reaching out to her and wiping her tears off.

 

                “That’s an act, Yuna.” My grip on my arm started to cut through my skin but the pain it produces is nothing compared to the ache I’m feeling in my heart.

 

                “An act?” she asked, covering with her palm and biting onto it.

 

                “I told you from the very beginning that I need to practice my skills. I’m just acting when I told you all of those things. Seeing that you believed it, I guess that means I’m a pretty good actor.” The cut is getting deeper but I didn’t stop on digging my nails on it.

 

                “I... I don’t believe it. You said you love me. You said you... you promised you would take care of me.” She shook her head furiously as she melt down on her knees. I turned my back to her as I sighed again. I can’t look at her now. I can’t take it; her suffering state, it’s too much.

 

                “Fine, don’t believe it.” I laughed hardly, trying to suppress my own sobs. “Then, let’s just say I’m breaking up with you now.”

 

                I tried so hard to not face her again or else it would kill me. Her sobs filled the room and I can’t even ignore it. My eyes welled up while I listened to her cry.

 

                “It’s over, Yuna. And crying won’t do any good to you. I want to sleep, so if you please get out of the way!” I shouted as I grabbed my bag on the ground. I turned and skipped on her on the stairs.

 

                “Oppa... Ki-bum oppa, please don’t.” She pleaded. My tears already started falling down and I’m so weak now, I can’t face her without breaking down on my own.

 

                “And don’t go looking for me at our building. I don’t want any trouble anymore.” I finished before tears blurred my sight. I went straight upstairs, without looking back at her. When I reached the floor, a hard punch welcomed my stomach. I coughed out loudly.

 

                “That’s for making the girl I love cry.” A voice murmured before pushing me towards my room. I closed my eyes as I listened to his steps going down to comfort the girl I like. The girl who has been hurt by me.

 

 


i'm sorry Syakirah2000... but i'm a hardcore KyuNa shipper too.. LOL jeongmal joisonghamnida...

 

hope you like the chapter.. i cried when i was typing this.. TT__TT

 

 

♦rhei_07♦