Façade

Stuck With You

 

 

 

 

                I sat in the far corner of the table, avoiding getting mixed up with those goddess-like girls. I’ll look like a peasant if I’d sit with them. So, now, I’m trying to be invisible from everyone else. Aside from these nine awesome girls, there’s just Shinee, Super Junior and, the tiny-trying-to-be-invisible, me.

 

                I gulped a bit of soju, which Ki-bum handed me ten minutes ago, and stared at them again. I can’t keep up with their conversation since they’re speaking way too fast for me. I just stared at their faces; their smiles; their movements.

 

                The room is noisy and chaotic. Ki-bum is busy chatting away with them. Obviously, he’s a heavy drinker. I think, if I’m still coherent enough to think, the bottle of soju he’s holding is his fourth. Lee-teuk oppa shakes his head as he rejects another bottle. Kyu-hyun still sulks in the far corner of the table, opposite from my place, chatting with that gorgeous girl who greeted me earlier while drinking his own bottle of beverage. Eun-hyuk and Dong-hae oppa are singing their hearts out at the middle; their arms linked together while laughing harmoniously. Shin-dong enjoys the food to his full content with Ryeo-wook lecturing him from behind saying he should stop eating too much. Tae-min, beside me, watches everyone, since they prohibited him from drinking alcoholic beverage. Then, the rest of them who I don’t yet, chatted away.

 

                “Tae-min, get me another glass.” I requested the boy beside me after I finished my glass of soju. I hand him my glass and he went to them to ask for another one. I saw Ki-bum glance at me and shake his head. I frowned.

 

                I pushed my self away from the table and crawled toward him.

 

                “Oppa, just another one.” I murmured, smiling at him.

 

                “Yuna, you’re drunk.” He stated as if he could see through my brain.

 

                “I’m not. Besides, I don’t have anyone to talk to except that glass of whatever that is.” I shook my head again, trying to clear my mind.

 

                Earlier, when Eun-hyuk and Dong-hae oppa arrived, we all screamed and shouted for Eun-hyuk’s name (which is actually Hyuk-Jae). Then, as the party/eating/drinking begun, it feels like everyone forgot me. Well, everyone except little Tae-min, who stayed by my side the whole time. Kyu-hyun is busy talking to that girl ever since we arrived here. He looks comfortable there, ignoring me here. And it’s annoying! Why isn’t he talking to me yet? Why is he talking to that gorgeous girl I don’t know. Why do I feel insecure and pitiful at myself because of her?

 

                Who wouldn’t be insecure with those skinny, long legs and fluttery round eyes? That wavy, long hair which flows carelessly at her shoulder. That smile and voice that seems so soft and irresistible. Yeah, who wouldn’t feel insecure from that beauty?

 

                Aish, why isn’t he talking to me yet? Why can’t he forget what happened earlier, this afternoon? Wait, what happened?

 

                I must be drunk, forgetting things this early.

 

                I felt someone drag me out of the room but I have no strength in me to fight back. Not long after, fresh, cold and awesome air filled up my lungs. 

 

                “Wahhhh!” I screamed.

 

                “What? Something wrong?” the one who dragged me asked.

 

                I faced him. Ki-bum oppa. He’s the one I like. The one I fell for. Since I’m thinking about some crazy stuff now, how about doing some? Screw the consequences.

 

                “You know, I really, really, really like you.” I giggled, stumbling on my own feet as I walk on.

 

                “You’re drunk, Yuna. You don’t know what you’re saying.” He replied as he tried to catch me from falling.

 

                “Yah! I may be drunk and not sober, but I’m still conscious!” I yelled, hitting him in his chest with the last bits of my strength.

 

                Yeah, I’m still conscious and I still know what I’m saying! Why can’t he even see how much I like him. He’s such a cold hearted man! I’m here, confessing my feelings to him, but he’s not listening. I better go back in the room and sulk again.

 

                “Yuna, I’ll take you home.” He said calmly.

 

I reached out for his face. “Can’t you really see me?”

 

                “I might’ve been happy if you told me that you like me while you’re sober.” He pulled my hands off his face.

 

                “I am sober enough to know what I’m saying.” I murmured, looking down at my hands which he removed.

 

                “Fine.” He whispered, taking my hands again. “I believe you’re sober and you like me. Now, may I take you home?”

 

                I looked up to his face and nodded. We started walking out of that unknown, fresh place but I started stumbling again. I didn’t even have the chance to see the place where he took me.

 

                Before I make another crazy act of falling because of my criss-crossed walking style, he swiped me off of my feet and carried me in his arms. I felt secured, but not that comfortable. Still, I clung unto his neck, scared that I may fall off. I closed my eyes and believed everything is real and true.

 

~ Kyu-hyun’s P.O.V. ~

 

                “So, who’s that girl with you earlier?” Yoona asked me for the nth time.

 

                “Her name is Yuna. Y-U-N-A.” I spelled out. She twirled her hair again on my eyes.

 

                “Yuna.” She nodded as she took a sip from her drink.

 

                I glanced at Yuna again, who’s sulking beside Tae-min. she finished her drink and handed her glass to Tae-min. Is she asking for another glass? Aish, she’ll get drunk if she’ll continue like that.

 

                “Does she like anybody?” Yoona asked again.

 

                “Yeah.” I replied surely, gulping down my second bottle of soju. She likes Ki-bum.

 

                “And I don’t think it’s you.” She giggled in my ear. I glared at her.

 

                I glanced back at Yuna and saw her crawling her way to Ki-bum, asking him about something. I think they developed anyway, after that irritating English conversation at the car earlier. I can’t understand a thing they’re saying and it really annoys me! Why is she pretending not to see or feel my presence around her. After that kiss we shared, aren’t we supposed to be dating now?

 

                It’s an accident. Yeah, right. As if I don’t know that. But still, with my feelings taken into consideration, isn’t there something more?

 

                “Oppa, want another bottle?” Yoona offered. I shook my head.

 

                “I need to stay sober.”

 

                “Why? To take care of someone?”

 

                I shook my head again, and the dizziness starts to creep in my brain. I looked at the place where Yuna crawled a while ago but found it empty. Even Ki-bum is nowhere. Where are they? Are they up to something? One moment they’re there and now, they’re gone.

 

                What if they’re both drunk and they’re doing things that they’re not supposed to do? I should save Yuna’s innocence.

 

                  Aish, what am I thinking? I must be drunk.I stood up and decided to go to the terrace, to inhale some fresh air and to clear my mind from those crazy stuffs for a bit.

 

                “Where are you going, Kyu-hyun oppa?” Yoona nudged my arm.

 

                “Somewhere.” I simply replied, then I left without another word.

 

                Okay, I’m not drunk and I’m not crazy, but as I make my way to the terrace, I heard voices.  Maybe I’m crazy.

 

                “You know, I really, really, really like you.” I heard someone giggle. Yuna?

 

                “You’re drunk, Yuna. You don’t know what you’re saying.” Another voice said.

 

                I peeped on the small space beneath the door. I saw Yuna and Ki-bum in an awkward position. It’s like Ki-bum is trying to prevent Yuna from falling. His one hand is on her waist and the other is on her shoulder.

 

                “Yah! I may be drunk and not sober, but I’m still conscious!” she yelled, hitting Ki-bum in his chest with her full effort.

 

                So she really mean it. She likes Ki-bum. She likes him that much that she gathered up enough courage to confess to him. But why now? Why? After what happened at the dorm. After what we’ve shared. Why now?

 

                I held onto the wall for support. I felt the dizziness come over my senses. I closed my eyes and tried not to hear anything that they may say next. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to know what’ll happen next between them. I know I should get out of here, but my legs are frozen, it’s as if it wants me to stay and hear everything else.

 

                I squeezed my head in between my palms. Just then, I heard a small creak behind me. I looked back at the terrace and saw Yuna being carried by Ki-bum on his arms. It’s the sight I don’t want to see.

 

                I hid myself beneath the wall and waited for them to pass me totally, without being noticed. I watched them exit through the door. Since everyone is busy with their own business, I guess no one really noticed they left, except me.

 

                I sank in my seat, back at Yoona’s side, wearing the mask of nothingness on my face.

 

                “Oppa, gwenchana?” she asked, patting my back.

 

                Can she see through my fake façade? Can she feel my loneliness inside? Can she understand how I feel right now?

 

                “Neh.” I nodded.

 

                “You like her, right?” she said like she knew al along.

 

                I shook my head. “She doesn’t feel the same way.”

 

                “That’s not even the answer to my question.” She stopped patting my back as she sat back properly on her place.

 

                I grabbed a new, unopened bottle of soju and started on drinking it.

 

                “Wow, our maknae here gained his strength on drinking!” Eun-hyuk suddenly exclaimed. Clearly, he’s drunk.

 

                “Arasso! I’ll challenge him tonight!” Dong-hae boasted.

 

                I looked at them and smiled. Better to drown myself with alcohol now than to think about what I just witnessed.

 

                I stood up and went to Dong-hae’s place. “Okay! I accept!”

 

                They all cheered and wailed at my words. They gave us new bottles of soju and then they began counting to three. At three, we started gulping our drinks as fast as we can. I slumped back to the floor when I finished mine.

 

                “Yeah! Hae’s the winner!” they yelled. I shrugged my shoulders.

 

                “Hyung, gwenchana?”  a tiny voice asked me, yet again.

 

                “Why does everyone asks me if I’m fine?” I yelled as I turn my head to the person.

 

                “I’m just… worried” he explained. Tae-min.

 

                “Sorry, Tae-min, I’m just not in the mood.” I replied, calmly now.

 

                “I know.”

 

                “You know?”

 

                “I saw you.” He pointed at the door to the terrace then back to me. “I know.” He repeated.

 

                I don’t know why, but in some way, I started to cry. Not the cry with loud sobs and screams. It’s just that the tears were flowing and I can’t stop it.

 

                Tae-min pulled my head and I let him. I hid my face in his shoulder as my tears continue to flow. He keeps on chanting it’s fine and it comforts me. But it would’ve comforted me more if it’s from her.

 

                Suddenly, another pair of arms pulled me in a hug. Then wails and cheers echoed again on the room.

 

                “Oppa, it’ll be fine. I know how you feel so don’t worry.” Yoona.

 

                I’m blessed with friends and I only felt it now. I hid my face again on her shoulder and stayed there for a while. Let this comfort stay with me for a while, then maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to face that bitter fact.

 

 

 


 

missed writing.. anyway.. hope this isn't a fail.. and yeaah.. i'm still on hiatus.. but for only a week!! yay! last week of being gone.. ^____^ is this chapter soo dramatic?? i'm really not good in comedy so bear with me..

 

 

>bogosipeo!!<

 

 

♦rhei07♦