I Did [Part 2]

Stuck With You

 

 

 

~ continuation of flashback ~

 

                “Hello?” a shy voice answered. I almost snorted.

 

                “Cha-eun-ssi?” I replied and I’m sure I heard her gasp. “It’s Kyu-hyun. Could we meet?”

 

                “Now?” she asked with her soft voice.

 

                “Could we? Are you free?” I asked again. “It’d be better if we could meet today.” I turned and head toward the exit.

 

                “I’m free now until  seven. Is that fine?” she replied after calculating for some time.

 

                “Sure. Are you in the building?”

 

                “Deh.”

 

                “Then I’ll meet you at the rooftop, now.” I stressed then I hang up the phone. I turned and head toward the elevator instead. I can’t think of any other place beside the rooftop, besides, the quieter the better. And I guess the rooftop is a suitable place since that’s the place where they first met each other.

 

                When I arrived there, Cha-eun is already waiting. I gave out a loud sigh and approached her. When she heard me sigh, she turned around and smiled at me. I shook my head in return.

 

                “Kyu-hyun-ssi, what could I do for you?” she shyly asked as I stopped in front of her.

 

                I stared at her for a while. Her face looks so innocent, I couldn’t think or imagine her threatening someone using that expression. It just seem impossible, but I have to ask anyway.

 

                “I heard that you went to visit Yuna yesterday at work.” I calmly began and I saw a glimpse of her scared expression for a jiffy.

 

                “Ah, yeah. I just got curious.” She replied, still calm. Maybe, she didn’t do it.

 

                “You went out together, right?” I tried again.

 

                “Yes. We have to talk about something.” She smiled at me again, trying to hide something behind that face.

 

                “What did you talk about? What did you tell her?” I clenched my fist hardly, since I have no time to roam around the bush and get nothing. I’m never a patient person.

 

                “Why are you asking me these questions, Kyu-hyun?” she suddenly asked, completely ignoring my question.

 

                I gave out a deep breath. “Yuna decided to leave yesterday.” I started. “And she won’t tell any of us why.”

 

                “Then, how does that relate to me?” she asked again.

 

                “You’re the only one who talked to her who knows that she’s staying with us, so I have no other option.” Wait, why am I now the one being interrogated?

 

                “So that makes me your suspect for asking her to go away?” she snorted. “Maybe she doesn’t like to stay there anymore, that’s why she decided to leave. Too bad then, you won’t have any housekeeper.”

 

                This angered me. She’s not our housekeeper. She’s our friend! Why is this girl looking down at Yuna that much?

 

                “She didn’t” I managed to hiss out and I smirked as I saw Cha-eun’s expression change from confident to scared.

 

                “She didn’t leave?” she gasped, wide-eyed. “Wow, that girl have guts.” She started to laugh.

 

                “So, it’s you then? The one who asked her to go away, it’s you.” I crossed my arms at my chest and waited for her to admit it.

 

                “Why do you keep blaming me for that girls’ decision? Can’t you just think that maybe she just decided to do that and then change her mind in the last minute?” she reasoned, I laughed.

 

                “Yuna isn’t the kind of girl who can think about something like that.” I assured her. “She’s way too innocent to do such an impulsive thing just because she thought of it out of nowhere.”

 

                “How can you be sure of that when you barely have time to get to know her?” she crossed her arms too, as if she’s being annoyed by this conversation as I am.

 

                “I know her enough to be sure of what I’m saying now.” I shifted my weight from my right feet to the other as it grew numb from tension. “I know her that much.”

 

                “You like her, right?” she smiled evilly at me as if seeing through everything I put up as cover. “You like her that’s why you’re this worried.”

 

                I tired to deny it, but my voice isn’t coming out. I want to tell this girl that I don’t like Yuna, but my tongue feels like it’s stuck on it’s place; totally forcing me not to speak. I looked up at this girl in front of me and watch her laugh maniacally in front of me. I want to fight back with my own evil laugh and tell her that she’s crazy for thinking of such thing, but I simply can’t. I’m like a statue; unable to move or to react from what’s happening. What’s worst is I don’t even know why I’m like this.

 

                It can’t be that I really like Yuna, right?

 

                “I’m right.” She confirmed after satisfying herself with her laughter. “You like her, but oh no. She likes Ki-bum oppa.” She smiled again.

 

                I stared at her and contemplated about what she just said. No one ever told her that Yuna likes Ki-bum; at least not one of us. Oppa. She called Ki-bum oppa as if there’s something between them. Her tone sounds different too. It’s like the thought of Yuna liking Ki-bum and Ki-bum liking her back makes her want to puke.

 

                Oh. Okay. I got it. So she really is the reason for Yuna’s behavior yesterday.

 

                “And you like Ki-bum too, right?” now it’s time for me to smile at her. Her expression changed again, but it isn’t that scaredy one she used earlier. It’s more like of annoyed.

 

                “Ho… how ca… can you… you say t… that?” she stuttered. I smirked at her. So she likes Ki-bum and she wants Yuna out of the picture. Unlucky for her, I’m here and I won’t let Yuna get hurt.

 

                Why would I not want Yuna to get hurt again? Oh, right. I promised I’d be good to her. That’s why. That’s the only reason. I promised I’d be good to her.

 

                I turned toward the door out of the rooftop and started to leave. Now that I’ve confirmed it, I guess my business is over here. She must realize now that she can’t hurt Yuna as long as I’m here. She must remember that always. Or do I still need to tell her directly? Blackmailing isn’t my thing, but thanks to Hee-chul hyung, I’ve learned enough.

 

                “If you don’t want Ki-bum to go away from you. Or if you don’t want your feelings to be found out. Or if you don’t want Ki-bum to hate you forever for doing these hateful things toward Yuna, then leave her alone.” I said as I faced the pale white Cha-eun. “You can’t hurt her as long as I’m here. You don’t want to have a ruined image even before your debut, right?” I smirked then I left for the door again.

 

                I heard her slump on the ground and sob, but I don’t have any plan on comforting her. She doesn’t deserve to be comforted. An evil antagonist like her doesn’t deserve to be loved.

 

~ end of flashback ~

 

                “Do you think I could take care of her?” Ki-bum asked as I tried to suppress a grin on my face.

 

                “No.” I hardly replied. “You can’t.” I opened my eyes and nodded to myself, still lingering on that memory when I did something for Yuna and he didn’t.

 

                He laughed and sat up from his lying position. He faced me and patted me on the shoulder. “Yeah, I know. But I could still try, right?” he murmured.

 

                “Try? What do you mean?” Don’t. Please don’t. Not now that I’ve realized how much I care for her; how much I like her. Please, don’t.

 

                “I think I like her, Kyu-hyun.” He smiled again but his eyes remained serious. “I want to be with her.”

 

                “You… You like her?”I stuttered, hearing the words I’m scared to hear from him.

 

                He nodded and smiled to himself, looking up at the starless sky. “I like her.” he repeated, inhaling the night breeze that surrounds us and making me freeze in shock, amusement and terror as I stare at him, hoping that all of this is just a bad dream.

 

 



 

 

your comments guys are over whelming!!! ^____^ KAMSAHAMNIDA!

 

♦rhei_07♦

 

<<>>

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥