Fast Forward

Stuck With You

 

 

 

~Yuna’s P.O.V.~

 

                I didn’t leave.

 

                I’m still at the Super Junior dorms.

 

                And it’s all Kyu-hyun’s fault.

 

~flashback~

 

                I tossed and turned with terrible uneasiness on the bed. It feels like eyes are watching me all over. I felt sweat form on my forehead, dripping down to the side of my face, to the surface of the bed.

 

                I turned again.

 

                “Mianhae.” A voice whispered on my ear softly. I sat bolt right up.

 

                I found no one in the dark room. I’m alone, except for this little thing on my hand. I clutched on it and let my hands guess what it is.

 

                My fingers slid down on its silky hair, down to its shoulders. I felt a pointed object at its back. The long robe the thing has is soft and cottony, as well as the whole body. I pinched its hands and feet and giggled to myself, recognizing what it is that I’m holding.

 

                Cheon-sa. I remembered the name Kyu-hyun gave to it.

 

                Kyu-hyun.

 

                My friend. My confidant. My savior. He might think that I didn’t notice how he helped me during hard times; how he rescued me on inescapable situations; how he comforted me whenever I’m down or low in spirit; how he cheered me up when I need some enlightenment; how he worried about me when I come home late; how he listened to my undying wails about Ki-bum and his schedule; how he resisted on beating me up whenever I beat him up myself; how he lost to me on purpose just to make me feel good; how he cared for me the whole time.

 

                I noticed it all. I’ve witnessed how good he can be at times (and how bad he could be when he lost to me.) it’s just that I don’t know how to express my gratitude toward my once-foe-now-friend company.

 

                “Mianhae.” I murmured to Cheon-sa, remembering the word from my dream. I patted Cheon-sa’s head softly, striking its soft hair while doing so.

 

                “But—” I whispered to myself as confusion starts to cloud on my mind. “where is he?”

 

                My hand fell heavily to Cheon-sa’s head as I remembered what I’m supposed to do.

 

                I’m leaving. And Kyu-hyun must be helping me. He promised. He said so. But why do I feel extreme nervous now?

 

                I heard murmurs from downstairs; heard whispers and voices and conversations. It’s like a meeting is being held out there.

 

                He better not.

                I stood up and left the room quickly, hugging Cheon-sa with me, and headed to the lounge. As what I’ve feared of, they’re all here. All of them.

 

                Seeing Kyu-hyun at the back, I started to walk toward him. Lee-teuk blocked my way, his expression is dark, but soft. He waved something at my face and I recognized the paper immediately.

 

                The fake contract.

 

                “You can’t leave..” he begun.

 

                Kyu-hyun, you are so dead.

 

                “You’ll stay here for three months. That’s been agreed of. You signed it.” Lee-teuk continued, pointing at my signature over my crossed out name.

 

                “That’s fake.” I reasoned.

 

                “It doesn’t matter. It became real when you signed it.”

 

                “Look, I don’t want to leave, but…” I trailed off. Should I tell them? No, I can’t. no, I won’t.

 

                “But?” Lee-teuk repeated, waiting for my reasons.

 

                I shook my head in response.

 

                “Stay.” A familiar voice pleaded. My eyes drifted slowly toward the source of the voice. My heart throbbed hardly as I met his eyes. He walked forward, pushing Lee-teuk aside, standing in front of me.

 

                I want to stay, with him and with them. But, won’t I be called selfish if I do so? It would destroy them if I’d stay, why can’t they even see it?

 

                “I can’t.” I replied.

 

                “Why?” Ki-bum asked, his eyes still focused on me.

 

                “I can’t tell.” I dropped my head low, afraid to meet their eyes.

 

                “Then, you have to stay.” Lee-teuk said steadfastly. “Or do we have to call a lawyer here to sort things out?”

 

                “Law—” WHAT? “Lawyer?” I stuttered. Are they kidding? Would they really do something like that just to make me stay? Aish, this is way too far.

 

                “Attorney!” Hee-chul called.

 

                Just then, a man with a pair of glasses, wearing a full set of corporate attire and holding a briefcase, entered the room.

 

                “Present the case.” The man said calmly. His voice seems familiar so I approached him slowly, staring intently at his face.

 

                “Ye-sung oppa?” I called, recognizing the big head and tiny face of his.

 

                Kang-in broke off, laughing, together with Hee-chul and Han-geng.

 

                Ye-sung blushed. “Yah! You said I was unrecognizable!” he shouted, throwing his empty briefcase at Kyu-hyun. Then we all cracked up, seeing Kyu-hyun run from Ye-sung, and Ye-sung chasing around Kyu-hyun.

 

                “So, you’ll stay.” Lee-teuk said, after we clamed down from laughing. It isn’t a question, it’s an assurance.

 

                I stared at them as they stare back. Their smiles are unwavering and encouraging at the same time.

 

                Maybe, as long as I’d be careful, it’d be fine if I stayed here. Forget Cha-eun and her threats. These guys in front of me and their smiles are more real than her words.

 

                I smiled back at them.

 

~end of flashback~

 

                Later that night, Kyu-hyun apologized. He said I could call him a loser for as long as I want, but I didn’t. instead, I beat him up with two pillows that night, while calling him crazy and untrustworthy. He didn’t protest, although I want him to. He just received every impact of my hits on him, not even flinching or moving a bit.

 

                In the end, I stopped hitting him and calling him insults. I thanked him for saving me from doing a huge mistake on my life. He sang me to sleep again as he cradled me in his arms, his breath on my hair. I calmly settled down in his embrace.

 

 

                I didn’t count my days with them, since that night of my failed attempt on leaving. I’m scared that the good days would slip away if I did. I don’t want my happy days to end.

 

                Since that night, they made sure I’d be home when they arrive. They’d check on me every hour. I could even sense Wo-chen’s guarding presence at work. He’s watching me like a hawk watches his prey. Sometimes, some of them would walk in the store in hoodies and glasses, pretending to be a normal customer. But I’d recognize them anyway.

 

                Days passed by unnoticed, just like that. Ki-bum’s schedule is as tight as always and I’m getting used to it. Sometimes, I’d find myself waiting at the front door, sitting there out on the cold, waiting for him. He’d smile at me when he arrives. We’d greet each other and talk about our day and everything.

 

                His effect on me didn’t change. I still stutter and tremble when we’re together, but I guess he doesn’t notice. I don’t know why I’m like that with him. My heart is also wrestling in my chest and I don’t know what to do. Isn’t it supposed to be the opposite. I mean, you should be comfortable with the guy you like, right? But, why am I like this when I’m with him?

 

                Anyway, Henry visits often now. He also knows the leaving thingy. He lectured me for an hour. It’s funny though, he’s like a kid who’s lecturing his mother not to do stuffs. I just laughed at him, then he stopped his motherly speech and joined me in my ecstatic state.

 

                He pursues me to visit them on SME again, but I always refuse. I’m scared. I’m scared of seeing Cha-eun there. I’m scared that she would ask me to leave again and that I’ll give in easily.

 

                I’m just not prepared to see her yet.

 

                I wonder why she hasn’t been reacting yet. I wonder what causes her delay of reaction about me still staying on the dorm. I wonder if she already told Ki-bum about our conversation. Maybe not, right?

 

                Kyu-hyun is still the same. A friend and a foe at the same time, but he’s gentler. He doesn’t even lay a single finger or me, or raises his tone whenever I annoy him. I don’t know if I just couldn’t annoy him anymore, or if he’s just so tired from his schedule.

 

                I want the old Kyu back! The weird, evil, mean, funny Kyu-hyun I’ve liked. Well, he still plays Star Craft with me, and he always sings me to sleep, but still, it feels weird having him like that. It’s like I’m with a different person, with different feelings.

 

                That’s why sometimes, I’d just do some things that would make him lose his patience, but then he’d just pull me close, ruffle my hair and say “Fine, I’m dumb.” All the time.

 

 

 

                “Yuna, ready?” Si-won peeked through my door.

 

                I’ve been staring at the mirror for a while now, smiling and frowning with these memories from the past days and weeks. Today, they told me to dress up casually because we’ll be going somewhere. Only, I don’t know where that ‘somewhere’ is.

 

                “We’re leaving.” Si-won entered my room, making himself appear in full view.

 

                He’s wearing a pair of faded jeans and white shirt. Simple but pretty. I wore my huge, baggy shorts and yellow off-shoulder shirt. Casual and unattractive.

 

                I smiled at him. “Let’s go.”

 

                The other members are downstairs and I gasped when I saw them. Well, not all of them are there. Eun-hyuk, Dong-hae, Sung-min and Ye-sung isn’t there. They wear the same casual clothes like me and Si-won. But, like Si-won, they look pretty and quite not normal.

 

                Ki-bum stretched his hand toward me and I accepted it gleefully. “Where are we going?” I asked.

 

                “To a party.” He replied, poking my nose. I wrinkled my nose in response.

 

                “A party?” I asked again, they’ve been telling me this but not the place. I’m really clueless now.

 

                “Deh.” They replied in chorus.

 

                “For what?” I murmured in curiosity as I rub my nose with my thumb.

 

                They just beamed at me.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

okay.. i know.. i'm a bad author.. not updating for two weeks.. >i guess< so I'M REALLY SORRY.. i told you guys i'm out of ideas.. but anyway. i'm back.. ^___^ hope i didn't lose you guys..

 

PS... the chapter title stands on it's own... FAST FORWARD

 

♦rhei07♦