Hold My Hand

Stuck With You

 

 

             I went down quickly to say thank you to Yuna. I went to my room, which she occupies for now, to search for her. I banged the door as I shouted “YUNA!”

 

 

            She turned around quickly to look at me. The next thing I know, I was pushed on the wall, her hands covering my mouth tightly and her eyes looking into me deeply.

 

 

 

            “Ssh...” she breathed on my face as she smiled widely.

 

            What is happening to her?

 

            I broke free from her grasp. She laughed maniacally. Aish, this girl. I hold both of her wrists, slumped her on my shoulder and carried her on the bed. She’s yelling something, something about ‘evil’?

 

            She collapsed on the bed as she slipped off my shoulder. She snatched Cheon-sa from my hand and laughed again. This time, I laughed with her.

 

            She’s funny, you know. Getting drunk in an instant. Playing with her so-called peace offering. Talking to the doll instead of me. The simple sight of her child play could make anyone laugh.

 

            She started turning and tossing on the bed, still talking to Cheon-sa. Her laughter echoes in my ears, in the whole room. Her voice lingers in every corner of the room, in every corner of my mind. She’s practically laughing about nothing!

 

            I sat beside her on the bed. She beamed at me and sat up. She started to ruffle my already messy hair, laughing and creating styles out of it. After a while, she leaned on my shoulder, her hands grasping mine.

 

            I simply watched her, waiting for her next humorous acts.

 

            She played with my hands, leaving Cheon-sa on the other side of the bed. She intertwined her hands with mine and examined it closely. Staring at each curve, space, line and shade of color present in my hands.

 

            Her hands felt abnormally warm with mine. I mean, it’s not like the hands of my hyung’s, my fans, my sunbae’s, my mom, or any people I know. Their hands are warm too, but the warmth that it gives me only reaches into my skin, my muscles. These hands, which holds mine now, is warm, and its warmth reaches into my bones, my mind, my heart. I don’t know why that is, it’s just that.

 

            She loosened her hands on mine, and that made me look at her face. I smirked when she started to measure my fingers, interlacing her fingers on mine again. I caught her hands when I thought she’s letting go. I haven’t have enough warmth yet, let me enjoy this for now.

 

            She giggled at my action.

 

            “Kyu-hyun-ssi—” she whispered while looking at our hands. I waited for the following words, while playing with her naughty hands and fingers. (Now, it’s my turn playing. Ha-ha.) I started to draw funny things on her palm using my finger. I wrote her name and draw her angry face. She leaned closer on me, her lips almost touching my ear.

 

            At first I couldn’t make out the words she just said, but she repeated it again, clearer now.

 

            I sighed.

 

            Her head dropped on my shoulder. I checked her eyes and found them closed. I laid her down properly on the bed and picked up Cheon-sa. I turned off the lights and headed to the rooftop again.

 

            A laugh came off bursting from my lips as soon as I shut the door behind me. I remembered her melodious laugh, her crazy voice, her hands on mine and those words she whispered to my ear.

 

            I stared at Cheon-sa. “It looks like she needs an angel more than I do.” I concluded as I moved Cheon-sa’s head to make it look like he’s nodding. I smiled again.

 

 

 

~the next day~

 

            “Hyung, I need to go somewhere. Will it be okay if I’m late later for the rehearsals?” I asked Lee-teuk who is currently on his bed.

 

            He groaned “No.”

 

            I slowly creep onto him, shook his whole body and started crying “UMMA! This is really important!”

 

            “More important than the upcoming performance?” he asked, eyes still closed.

 

            I shook my head. “It won’t take long. Please.”

 

            “Aish, Kyu-hyun, if I can do nothing about it, what’s the use of me being your hyung?” he threw one of his pillows at me. I walked out from the room resigned; he’s not in the mood, better not mess with him.

 

            I went to the kitchen and saw my other hyung’s there, gathering around something, or someone. I approached them and found Yuna sitting in the middle.

 

            “What do you want to eat?” I heard her say in a stuttering way. She knows Hangul already? I forced my way through Hee-chul and Han-geng and saw a little book in between Yuna’s hands.

 

            A dictionary?

 

            Si-won gently patted her head, and the others started praising her. When did she and Si-won become close?

 

            “Samgyetang. (Chicken ginseng soup)”Shindong answered. They all laughed. She laughed with them too.

 

            “Do you know how to cook?” Si-won asked. Whoa, he can speak English now?

 

            I stared at him and found him holding something like what Yuna holds. A dictionary.

 

            So someone already bought one?

 

            I thought I’d be the first to think about buying one. I walked back upstairs and lie down on my bed. I stared at the blank ceiling, thinking of what else to do.

 

            “Kyu-hyun-ah!” I suddenly sat up straight and glance at the door. What is it now? “We’ll be leaving now. Are you still not ready?”

 

            Leaving? I grabbed my watch from the table beside my bed. Darn, I slept!

 

            I quickly took a cold shower and dressed up. I found them in the van, ready to go. I smiled at Ryeo-wook who waves vigorously, as if seeing me for the first time. I started to squeeze myself inside the van. Why can’t we use the mini bus?

 

            “Let’s go!” Teukie hyung shouted.

 

            “Achoo!” is my answer. They all stared at me, and then they started to back off from me.

 

            “Sick?” I heard Ki-bum ask. I shook my head. “Achoo!”

 

            “GET. OUT. OF. THE. CAR!” they all screamed in unison.

 

~Yuna’s P.O.V. ~

 

            I sat now on the bed, browsing the internet through this laptop Kyu-hyun lend me. I’m searching for some recipes for their food. Shin-dong requested for a dish and I don’t even know it. In the end, it was Han-geng oppa who cooked some fried rice, since we don’t have any choice.

 

            I’m alone again, I heard their van speed off from the outside. A smile spread through my face. They’ve been so good to me, even Hee-chul who, at first, I thought was mad at me. Or Kang-in who looks like he’s about to slap me anytime I’m about to say something wrong.

 

            I woke up this morning, with my head feeling like it’s about to split in two. I can’t remember clearly what happened after I went out of the rooftop. I just remembered I was with someone.

 

            “Achoo!”

 

            I stumbled on the bed as I struggled to get up. Someone is sick? Who can it be? Not Ki-bum oppa, right?

 

            I went downstairs quickly. They’re all okay before they left, why would someone be sick now?

 

            “Achoo!”

 

            I stared at the person in front of me, who is currently removing his shoes at the entrance. I waited for him to face me.

 

            He slowly stood up and faced me. He’s shocked to see me standing there, I forced out a smile. Kyu-hyun.

 

            “Achoo!”

 

            I ran into the kitchen to grab some medicine and water, and then I went back in the receiving room. He’s sitting at the rear end of the sofa, his head inclined on one side.

 

            “Drink this.” I ordered, as I give him the medicine. He nodded.

 

            I got my dictionary at my pocket, (just in case I need to speak Hangul to communicate) and searched for the right phrases.

 

            “What happened?” I asked him. He just shook his head.

 

            “Are you okay?” I tried again. He just forced a nod.

 

            I put my palm on his forehead, and the other on mine. He doesn’t have a fever but he keeps on sneezing. A common cold, maybe?

 

            I pulled him up and helped him go upstairs at his room. Unexpectedly, he obliged! He put his arm on my shoulder and dragged me all along.

 

            He lay down on his bed quietly and softly.

 

            “Thank you.” He murmured and then he closed his eyes. I started to leave but he pulled my hands.

 

            I looked back at him. He’s wearing that look that no one can ignore. He looks like a child who needs to be taken care of. A patient who needs his nurse. A boy who needs his mom.

 

            I sat beside him, he smiled. I grabbed my dictionary again but he pulled it off my hands.

 

            “Wae?” I asked as I tried to snatch back the book. He threw it on the other side of the room. He shrugged off his shoulder and grabbed my hand. He squeezed it tightly and then he closed his eyes.

 

            I smiled at him, though he can’t see it.

 

            “I told you, Kyu-hyun-ssi is good. He’s not as bad as you thought.” I remembered these words of Ki-bum. Perhaps he’s right. I just need to give Kyu-hyun a chance.

 

            He squeezed my hands harder, and it hurts a bit, but I didn’t complain. It feels warm, so it’s fine. It seems like this happened before.

 

            When was it? I don’t know. But feeling his hands on mine seems like a really familiar thing.

 

            Déjà vu?

 

            He started to produce soft sounds (snores, actually). I still can’t pull my hands off his so I remained there, sitting on the bedside, letting him hold my hands.

 

            I closed my eyes as I tried to rest too.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry if this chapter was boring..MIANHAE .. anyway i still hope you guys would comment and subscribe.. 

 

the finals are over, so i'm free again..but not for long.. i have to take my on the job training this ssummer.. so i can't actually promise anything..

 

p.s.

everything happens for a reason..

 

 

 

>ijji_07

out<