One Day II - Too much

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Over here Dara” Minah’s little voice went through the loud crowd, calling my attention and everybody else’s too. I waved back to tell her I saw her already and walked towards the little girl standing in front of guys twice her size, that’s not such a good place to wait for me.

 

For a weekday there seem to be a lot of people in the mall and it’s already late too, I guess most people this days aren’t as busy as they used to be. Which reminds me of the upcoming world tour for the YG artists, it’s not good to let them go with a little bit of fit going on between us but then again it’s not our fault that it had to come to this. Aish.

 

“You’re finally here” Minah squealed and ran to hug me, squeezing the life out of me but I didn’t mind that. She seemed very happy to see me and I did too, put aside all the things Bom and Yoona said about her I really think I’ll be able to get to know her and actually be close friends, besides that she seems really familiar but I can’t wrap my head around it.

 

“Did you wait long?” I asked and she shook her head, hooking arms with me and tugging me towards a restaurant.

 

She went straight in without even telling the front desk lady, so I’m guessing she knows the place well and have been here quiet a lot or she owns the place. I’m still clueless over what her parents’ do; all I know is that it’s some business. The last time we talked really didn’t go well and I hope this one won’t end the same way, though something tells me it’s going to go the same way.

 

We sat on the farthest side of the restaurant; it was Japanese themed and was fairly nice. A small red lantern hang above us, serving as a chandelier and Japanese dividers were placed around our table to separate each one from the others. Privacy won’t be a big deal but it was still open to others, fake cherry trees were all around giving the feeling of spring at its most beautiful peak. It’s been a while since I visited Japan and being here reminds me of a lot of things.

 

“Order everything you like, my treat” she smiled and dug in on the menu, flipping the pages at the same time as telling the waitress everything she wanted. I chuckled; watching her be freely and open like that is quite amusing to me, just like a younger sister I know.

 

I looked down on the menu and almost choked to see how much all the entrees, appetizers and everything cost. I guess the quality of the food really is amazing in this place, till Bom gets here it’s only then will I know if it’s really good.

 

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Minah asked out of nowhere, the waitress just finished taking our orders and now someone else is serving us with our drinks and tea. I blinked more than necessary and looked at her, she had an amused grin on her face while I was still trying to process my answer which was taking long to be given out.

 

“Nope, why’d you ask?” I asked, her intentions are a bit confusing and since I don’t know her too well I guess I should be watching what I say. Doing this though makes me a believer to what Bom is saying about her and I’m hardly against it.

 

“Nothing, I’m just asking” she chuckled and I gave a smile back to be polite, though it’s really making me wonder how the night is going to turn out.

 

“By the way, do you think Jaejoong still likes me?” she added then, it felt like my breathing stopped right at that moment and I remembered what Khun told me. Although all I wanted was to tell her that what she’s thinking is impossible, that he already found someone else so how can I say that when where I stand in his life became blurry that moment she stepped back in his. “Oh yeah, did you know we used to date. Things got messy so we decided to split but seeing him after all this time just stirred some feelings” just like what Khun said.

 

“Oh really, I would have never thought. He seems like he still does” saying the last part left a bitter taste in my mouth and gut wrenching punch in my stomach. I can’t believe I’m saying this, with the way the atmosphere changed I know something bad may come out of this but it’s a bit late to take back what I said.

 

She was happy with my response but I didn’t, the night went on with conversations mainly about the both of them. I learned things I never thought I’d ever knew but even with getting to know Jaejoong on the process it was a little dismal knowing how he was with her, such wonderful stories and a heartbreaking realization.

 

Aside from that part I had a good time with her, she’s like a mixture of the twins but much louder even when they are together. As it turns out, her family owns a big chain of hotel and restaurants and the one we ate in is hers as well. I’ve met her parents a couple of times since some of my clients hired their restaurants for catering their wedding but I hardly saw her anywhere with them.

 

“Got any plans in two days?” she smiled, this time dragging me in an accessory shop and went straight ahead to the head bad section. “Umm… there’s the party for Yoona and Chul oppa” I said, picking up a small hair pin that reminded me of the bracelet Jaejoong gave me for my birthday and then did I realize I wasn’t wearing it, hasn’t been for a few days now. It’s such a small thing to remember but seeing its absence makes me feel incomplete.

 

 

“Oh, I love parties. Can I come?” I wasn’t paying attention to what she was saying before but when she got to that question it feels like my balloon just burst. There was a strong will inside me to say no to her but I know too well I can’t say that, even with all the forces in the world saying no isn’t something I can do especially when I’m just starting to get to know a girl I can actually befriend with.

 

“Of course, the more the merrier right” I chuckled, handing her a clip to try on. A simple gesture to hide the disappointment and bitterness I felt just after I agreed to it. The smile on my face was bittersweet and so was the rest of the night.

 

…………………………………………………………..

 

“Good morning beautiful” Bom smiled at me as I opened my eyes to the blinding light of the morning, her good mood early in the morning is pretty weird. I groaned and shut my eyes, pulling the covers over my head and trying to get back to sleep.

 

Last night just went by like a blur, by the time I reached my room I went straight to my bed and fell asleep. Even though there wasn’t much physical strain from the ‘hang out’ last night my mind felt very tired, more or so I was emotionally exhausted and all I want to do is just be in bed.

 

“Jaejoong is here to see you” she said, patting my head.

 

The world stopped when I heard his name, with every thought that came through my mind last night was proof of how much I’ve fallen for this guy. It might have been just a little over a couple of months but I know I’ve become very attached to him that it hurts to even think of him with someone else when I don’t even own him.

 

Seeing him after everything Minah said last night about both of them, how happy he was when they were together and how everything seemingly fit together perfectly with the two of them is the last thing I want to do. It feels like if I do see him everything that happened yesterday night will happen again.

 

‘I’m in love with him’ I thought to myself as I sat up and right after another thought came to mind, ‘and he seems to like me but seems to be in love with her’

 

Bom looked at me with a worried expression, I smiled sweetly hiding the stirred up feelings and messed up emotions inside of me but I know well enou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter