Finally the Talk

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Nuna, why did you bring me again?” Hyunseung asked for the fifth time, I had a couple of excuses to not tell him why and one of them was I didn’t want to get distracted from driving so we won’t get in an accident, but it was too good for that excuse to last long. I ran out obviously and since he looked very much frustrated that I’m ignoring his question, I need to give him an answer.

 

“I don’t know, other than Hyunjoong you’re the only person I’m comfortable talking to when it comes to your cousin” I sighed, there’s no point on going into circles and avoid the damn truth that MAYBE, I’M STILL HUNG UP ABOUT SUK. I’m not sure, there are these things in my stomach that seem to flutter me whenever I think of him or just hear his name or see something that reminds me of him.

 

He sighed heavily and just like Hyunjoong I know he doesn’t understand me, I was expecting him to and now that we’re here it’s a bit disappointing that I assumed wrongly. Maybe someone who has gone through the same thing can relate to me – of course, but where will I find someone who’s that. It’s hard to find good help these days.

 

“Nuna …” he started, I looked at him through the corner of my eyes and waited for him to talk but the stereo on was the only thing that met my ears. I can see he was trying to find the right words to say, just a little warning that whatever he’ll be telling me is something that will hit me hard and regret asking him to continue talking, in the end though it’s something that helps me A LOT so I’m thankful of it. “Why are you seeing him?” he asked and that was expected already, believe it or not I even have an answer prepared or at least I tried to.

 

“Hyun1 said that if I want to totally forget him I need to talk to him or something like that. Maybe because I haven’t seen him personally after the break up I can’t get over it … Things just changed and I don’t know if it’s for the good or not and if I want it or not” I told Hyun2 and he seemed to be understanding the whole concept of it but with his pouting face I don’t think I made a good enough reason or I answered right.

 

“ ……….. you two broke up because he chose his career over you, his dream over you. I think what you need is a closure” he started to talk and I was listening very carefully, I don’t want to miss this lecture. If anything I’d rather hear him talk smart rather than Hyunjoong.

 

“What do you mean closure?” for being a wedding planner you think I’d know everything about relationships.

 

“Just like every other girl nuna, you want to know why he chose his career over you. You want to at least know if you were worth for a second thought, if you meant a lot to him the whole time. You might think that I don’t know much about relationships and all that but I’ve had my fair share of happiness and sorrow because of love, this is all coming from experience nuna … I know for sure that Suk hyung loved you very much, that if it wasn’t for his dream he’ll never leave you. He didn’t want to go nuna but he needed to” he said, my eyes were just pasted on the road not wanting to look at him coz I know I’ll probably end up balling my eyes if I do.

 

A lot of things came to my head with everything that he said. Some were better than others band some were unsettling, out of everyone Hyunseung knows about both our feelings better and whatever he says are pretty much always true.

 

“And here we are” he talked after a couple of minutes of silence in the car, he was right. Suk’s car was parked in front of the café. How I know it’s his car? Well I don’t, I just trust his cousin that much. He was sitting obviously by the chair on the end of the café, his silhouette showing perfectly behind the glass.

 

“Can you come in?” I asked him and he just smiled, I felt so much more relieved that he was coming in. Suk is probably going to be surprised that I brought him with but I know he understands. With shaky legs and my arms wrapped tight around Hyunseung’s we made our way inside

 

There he was sitting by the window with coffee on the table, his face leaning on his hand as he looked out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter