Can't be too late

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Come on, up, up, up up” Heechul clapped his hands four times along with all the ‘ups’. The all covered their ears since it was loud.

 

It was 7:30 pm and they were all dressed fairly formally – tuxedos and dresses. They all looked like different versions of Ken and Barbie that just came out of their boxes, looking all glamorous and elegant. All obviously invited to a party that was mellow, a dinner party over the Yang’s.

 

“Aigoo oppa, you’re so loud” Taeyeon hit her brother’s arm while passing by him. All of the Kims were invited over with the exception of one, one that they weren’t planning to invite to begin with. They all ignored him the whole day to avoid the awkward conversation when he asks what they planned for the day, it wasn’t because of an issue going on between the cousins and siblings but because of an issue still being dragged on more or less for about 6 months already.

 

“Calm down oppa, it’s still early” Yoona smiled at her husband and fixed his tie, the rage of impatience was washed away by the wave of love and happiness that was Yoona. The two quickly got caught up in their own moment and  that was when everything disappeared but them, also the time when everyone actually starts disappearing since they can’t handle the mushiness of the two.

 

“You’re all dressed up fancily, what’s the occasion?” and when they thought they were completely free from having to explain things the second oldest of the whole family came down from his rooms and still wearing sweatpants.

 

The maknaes all left in a hurry, leaving Heechul, Yoona and Taeyeon around for Jaejoong to get his answers from. Throwing glances at each other, they waited for someone to step up and say something but none of them did until both ladies pushed their oppa forward to take action. “Umm… we were invited to a dinner party. We’re just about to leave actually” he said, avoiding any eye contact with his cousin to avoid any further discussion for the night’s plan.

 

“Really? Where is it?” Jaejoong asked again, failing to point out the awkward atmosphere between him and the three but as it went on he finally noticed that the people he was talking to were having a hard time giving him a simple answer. He crossed his arms against his chest and leaned against a post, raising a brow.

 

“They’re going over to Bom’s place, it’s one of their sisters birthday tonight and they just want a simple get together … Aigoo, JR-yah, come here and let me fix your tie” Jaejoong’s mother came out of nowhere and answered his question much to the three’s relief.

 

Jaejoong was more than surprised: he stiffened and just stared at the others who were obviously avoiding him. He just came back from Japan due to personal things and schedules: he spent the whole 6 months there with a numbered call back to Korea and an absolute nothing about Dara. He couldn’t say if it was a way for him to get away from her, but he’s sure that even if they were miles away he still couldn’t shake her off and the voice that told him he’ll regret what he said that night was right and it didn’t fail to rub it on his face.

 

“You can go along with your cousins and brothers if you want to. It’s probably better than having you moping around the house doing nothing” the obvious disagreements of her statement were clearly shown on each of their expressions. Jaejoong’s mom coolly shrugged her shoulders off and left them to deal with the possible mess she has started.

 

They weren’t worried for their own sake but Jaejoong’s, although it’s been almost half a year now they don’t know if the Dara’s sibling’s anger towards him had settled or worsened. As much as they are mad at him for that they still worried about him. Almost everyone knows what happened – everyone that mattered of course, it was explained clearly and it was a bit obvious and expected the will take the girl’s side.  Everyone except for Jaejoong, even s know but they didn’t say anything and just waited for him to find out himself.

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea auntie” Yoona said.

 

“Why not? It’ll be good for him” Jaejoong’s mother said and she caught what she meant by that, she too knew about Dara and she’s not going to let her son treat woman that way especially one that she has taken a liking to. The other two just sighed and let her be, Jaejoong hesitated a bit before going upstairs to go change but that wasn’t until his mother gave him a stern look that he couldn’t ignore.

 

Jaejoong stared at himself through the mirror, noticing the resemblance of how he looked that night and it made him pause for a bit and remembering how that night went on. It didn’t fail to bring him much discomfort as Dara’s sobbing rang in his head and her tears painted clearly in his mind.

 

“Hyung, we need to go” Himchan’s voice brought him back to his senses, he shook his head and answered back clearly.

 

With empty eyes and uneven breathing, he came down the stairs feeling like everything came back to him, the pain he felt just then and the loneliness though there was more and this time it’s even more that he can live with. He decided to take a ride with his brother, thinking the silence of driving alone will just make his moody just go down and not a minute too soon he was right in front of the girl’s house, simply lit with candles and the voices of the other guests. He fixed his suit first before walking in, letting the others go ahead of him as he walked slower than he usually do.

 

“Bom unnie” Yoona called the redhead who had her hands entwined with the Super Junior leader,  she turned her head towards them and smiled not until she reached Jaejoong’s eyes then it became weaker. “Hi sweetie, you look great” she smiled genuinely at the latter before giving her a hug.

 

“Where’s the birthday girl?” Heechul asked, holding out a simple box that was their present to her. Right then Nichkhun came to her side, Jaejoong kept his distance from everybody else just to make it easier for him and them as well. “She’s inside sulking, she hasn’t called yet” Nichkhun chuckled, Jaejoong caught what he said and understood simply but not thoroughly. He wondered who the other ‘she’ he was referring to.

 

“Aigoo, I saw this coming. Where’s Junho then?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“He’s inside with her, trying to get her to come out” Leeteuk chuckled.

 

Nichkhun turned to Jaejoong’s way, they held the eye contact for a long 2 seconds before the younger bowed his head out of politeness and courte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter