Sometimes

The Wedding Planner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You had that with you all these time?” I glared at the red-head sitting opposite of us, he smiled back at me like there was nothing wrong with the act he has done which can be considered as stealing. I snatched the picture from him, putting it down the table to get a good look at it. It’s been a while since I last saw the photo and I can’t surely say I missed it, it just hold memories best forgotten than remembered. “I can’t seem to understand why you have this” Bom said and I nodded in agreement.

 

“I can’t seem to understand why you still have this. Recognize the girl?” he argue, grinning when he knew from our expressions that he made a point we can’t argue back to. He tapped at the photo, pointing his fingers to the girl standing in between me and Bom.

 

We nodded. The only people who would keep a pictured of the family who was able to commit murder was us. The photo was taken the first day we got to our foster family. Looking at it gives the obvious bittersweet moment only it holds more bitter than sweet.

 

“Here” he said, looking down to his side and took out another picture, sliding it to us next to the first picture. Bom was confused and so was I, the picture was old but not old in a way that the picture itself – the paper, was old but the people in the picture were old. I think that made sense.

 

“What the …” I shot Bom a glare before she could go on with her exclaiming expression. “ … heck” she continued and I turned away, satisfied with it.

 

“Recognize this girl?” he asked again and pointed at the same spot on the other picture. “Seung what are you talking about” Bom cried, flopping her head on the table and groaning from the mixture of sleepiness and irritation. That is something Seung don’t want to deal with.

 

“This girl …” pointing at the first photo. “… this girl” now to the new-old photo “and the girl who planted the bomb in the site and the girl who is responsible for the car almost running you over. Let me introduce to you, Son Minah” he said, taking another picture from nowhere and laid it out between the two photographs.

 

“taki mushrooms” Bom gasped, waking up a bit form her sleepiness and kept staring back and forth from Seung and the pictures. “What the are you talking about?” I said, pardon my language but at the moment there was just no words to replace it and my filter wasn’t .

 

“I am talking about the same girl whose parents almost killed you back when you were with your foster home. The same girl that hated D nuna, from all the stories you guys told me I can easily say she hated you with a passion. The same girl who posed to be someone who wanted to take wedding planning, posed as your friend and the same girl who used to be Jaejoong hyung’s girlfriend. The same girl who is trying to kill you” he talked without pausing to take his breathe and with just that I can tell he was serious with everything he was talking about but I just couldn’t find myself believing in all of those.

 

I froze on my sit and just stared at him, with everything good that has gone after I left that hell hole that is her home I couldn’t believe all of it is chasing me and not even chasing it’s killing me. All those time she was smiling and making small conversations and what not was all an act and that’s much worse than all the realization.

 

“Why is she doing all of this though, is she jealous or something?” Bom asked.

 

“I think it’s because of this” pushing aside the pictures on the table, he took out a folder from under the table which is ridiculous since I didn’t see him with a bag when he came in. He opened the folder and there it was, the records and files of Minah’s parents.

 

“Her dad was arrested the night papa and mama YG found you two, along with her mom. He was sentence to lifetime of jail for attempted murder, child abuse, child trafficking, drug abuse and kidnapping. Her mom on the other hand was sentenced with the same crime but died two years after leaving their only child in an orphanage” he paused to see if we were catching on or not but I can honestly say I wasn’t catching on.

 

“Then she was adopted?” the curiosity in my voice was so evident I started to fear if what I’ll figure out in moments time will be something I wanted to know.

 

“Not exactly, Kevin and Yejin Son adopted not for family reasons and so her background wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter