Chapter 6.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
Jaekyung woke up to the sound of her alarm; she definitely isn’t a morning person but waking up to her favourite song “I’m By Your Side” by Soulja and Thelma made things a little more enjoyable. She had tried setting her alarm to a variety of things from loud rock songs to the classic ringing alarm but something soft ended up doing the trick. It helped relax her from the stressful day she knew would come. Stretching over her head, Jaekyung steps out of bed and takes her towel and clothes to the washroom. A good morning shower at seven in the morning always gets her freshened up for her eight o’clock classes, good thing she chose an apartment close to the University. Jaekyung turned the knob to her shower and reached her hand in to feel the temperature before stepping into the tub. The lukewarm water felt great on her tired body, she shut her eyes as she shampooed and conditioned her hair, she felt so much better already. Turning the shower off, Jaekyung gets out of the shower only to realize that she had forgotten her underwear. Wrapping the towel around herself lightly, she takes her clothes and decides to go change in her room. As Jaekyung opens the door she scurries towards her room due to the cold air that rushed in, contrasting with the warm and humid washroom she was in moments ago. Not paying attention to her surroundings Jaekyung bumped into a figure and fell over, letting go of her towel in the process. She had completely forgotten about the fact that here was a guest staying at her place.
 
“Ahhh!” Jaekyung lets out a horrified scream before grabbing her towel, covering herself frantically. “Omg...” Jaekyung reaches for her clothes and sprints towards her room, slamming the door and left a confused Baekhyun standing in the middle of the hall rubbing his sleepy eyes.
 
“What the heck was that?” Baekhyun had only just woken up; barely awake enough to breathe and let alone to open his eyes.  His vision was blurry when Jaekyung bumped into his back, all he saw was a mop of long hair getting up and disappearing after he heard someone scream. Wait, mop… wet hair? Did she? Eh, whatever… I’m too tired for this. Baekhyun went to the washroom to deal with his business before going back to the living room, going straight to the couch and closing his eyes. So tired…
 
 
 
 
 
“Would you care to explain to me what happened? How did you guys manage to lose a spirit?! Never in my two hundred and fifty two years old life did I lose a spirit, what were the two of you doing?!”
 
“I… we… Uh… Well… Tao! You tell him!” Chanyeol pushed Tao in front of him, angry Kris terrified him.
 
“What?! Why me?” Tao and Chanyeol stared at the other, bickering about who should tell Kris angering their friend/supervisor.
 
“Enough!!! Just because I see the two of you as my friends doesn’t change the fact that I’m your superior! You’re both ninety nine now, there’s only another year left before you become full-fledged angels and you just had to go and ruin everything by creating this mess!? Now, Tao, tell me what happened so I can fix this before the high-ups find out!”
 
“Well, Chanyeol and I were in charge of tallying up the good deeds of Byun Baekhyun but you know that kid is never up to any good, we got tired of watching him and well, went to grab some food. His car was filled with a lot of other people and other angels were there taking care of their humans so we thought that it would be okay. By the time we were finished though Baekhyun was at the hospital after getting hit by a truck of some sort. We searched the entire hospital but his spirit was nowhere to be found… we’re so sorry.”
 
Tao was ashamed of what he and Chanyeol did. Every human being under the age of twenty five had a guardian angel and in Baekhyun’s case he had two angels in training. Not only are they in charge of keeping track of their person’s good deeds to judge their character but they also had to make sure that their spirit would remain intact at all times. Human beings under the age of twenty five had no control over their spirits, the connection between their spirit and their body is extremely weak. If the guardian angels aren’t careful, their spirits can escape. It is usually fine if the spirits are put back into their bodies within twenty four hours but it has been two days already for Baekhyun.
 
“This isn’t good, if he got out that means that either a. he waited for others to open the door or b. he found his other half. We have to find him and fast, unless he’s found his other half to keep his heart beating, he’ll die in a matter of two weeks.”