Chapter 54.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

With a small groan Jaekyung’s eyes fluttered open to the sight of a smiling Baekhyun gazing at her. Her cheeks flushed and she hid her face against his chest, not liking the fact he’s seeing her in her worst at such a close proximity. With her face resting against his chest she could feel it begin to rumble from his laughter.
 
“Well good morning to you too haha.”
 
“Mmm… morning Baek.” Jaekyung’s voice came out coarse due to the fact that she had just woken up which furthered her embarrassment. Baekhyun held in his chuckled to the best of his ability and hugged Jaekyung, completely ignoring the fact that his arm is numb from sleeping on the couch with her.
 
“Like I always say, adorable.” Jaekyung groaned again causing Baekhyun to crack another smile. He can practically image the pout and scrunched up eyebrows situated on her face right now. Placing his hands onto the sides of Jaekyung’s head, Baekhyun slowly lifted them up and pecked her on the nose. “You are absolutely beautiful in the morning, no need to hide.” Jaekyung rolled her eyes but the slight movement on the corner of her lips betrayed her. Baekhyun’s cheesiness is one of the many things she loves about him.
 
“Easy for you to say, you look perfectly fine right now. How is it that your hair stayed in place?” Baekhyun brushed Jaekyung’s hair to the back of her ears and shook his head.
 
“And who says you can’t look perfectly fine with a bed head? Hmm?” Jaekyung stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun, fully knowing that she would lose this battle and attempted to get up onto her feet instead only for Baekhyun to pull her back down and held her close.
 
“We’ve got quite a bit of time to kill before we have to head to my place to get ready for Christmas dinner, why don’t we just stay like this for a little longer?”
 
Without a second thought Jaekyung agreed and rested her head against Baekhyun’s shoulder.
 
“Baek.”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Merry Christmas.”
 
“Merry Christmas to you too Jaekyung-ah.”
 
The two remained seated on Jaekyung’s couch, wrapped in blanket and simply enjoying each other’s presence. Even silence is comfortable if they’re together.
 
After countless minutes went by, Baekhyun finally decided to break the silence, bringing his head lower to press his lips against Jaekyung’s cheek. 
 
“You wanna go get ready while I make you breakfast?” Jaekyung shook her head and turned around to face Baekhyun.
 
“How about we both get ready and make breakfast together?”
 
“Sounds good to me.” Baekhyun lifted Jaekyung up, causing her to scream as he drops her off into her room.
 
“Oh wait! Before you go get ready, take this with you.” Jaekyung reached underneath her bed and pulled out the Christmas gift she made Baekhyun. Baekhyun eyed the gifted before taking it in his hands, wondering what Jaekyung had got him and hoping that she didn’t spend too much of her money since tuition fees have raised yet again.
 
Slowly, Baekhyun took the lid off of the box and peered at the contents.
 
“D-did you knit these yourself?” Jaekyung nodded and smiled sweetly at Baekhyun.
 
“Do you like them?”
 
“Like then? I love it! Thank you Jaekyung-ah! I’ll wear these tonight after dinner, wouldn’t want to get them dirty while we cook now would I?” Jaekyung nodded then shooed Baekhyun out of her room.
 
“Go get changed!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Merry Christmas!!!” Kris stared at the tiny lopsided mini Christmas tree in Chanyeol’s hand and the half-finished knitted scarf in Tao’s, giant smiles plastered on their faces.
 
“Um… thanks guys Merry Christmas to you too.” Kris can hear Lay giggling next to him and elbowed his side to shut him up. Stop being such a child Lay.
 
Come on, you have to admit the fact that Chanyeol mixed up the middle section and the bottom section of that “Christmas tree” is pretty funny. And Tao’s scarf has a giant hole in the center of it…
 
… They tried.
 
Haha okay, I hope you know that you’re going to have that tree sitting on your desk for a week and that scarf around your neck for the next month before they forget about it.
 
Stop talking Lay, just stop. I hope the gifts your trainees got you are just as awesome.
 
Oh don’t worry, Krystal and Sulli pitched in to get me an awesome popcorn machine.
 
Ugh, I hate you.
 
Love you too~~~
 
 
 
 
 
Laughter filled the air while Baekhyun and Jaekyung made mint chocolate pancakes together.
 
“Are you sure this is going to taste okay?”
 
“Yes Baek! And mint is like the taste of Christmas!”
 
“Okay… if you say so…” Baekhyun was skeptical as Jaekyung poured the green chocolates into the batter.
 
“Don’t worry, I’ve got this! I’m the one who taught you how to bake my awesome chocolate chip cookies before you went and decided that you wanted to become a pâtissier anyways. I must say though, although I knew you were awesome, I didn’t think you’d become so great at baking so fast.”
 
“What can I say? Your boyfriends a quick learner.”
 
“Well how about you go and get the milk out Mr. Quick Learner.”
 
“Aye aye captain!” Baekhyun gave Jaekyung a salute before going to the fridge to grab the skim milk, pouring two cup fulls for him and Jaekyung.
 
“While you’re at it, cut us some fruits too!” Jaekyung finished mixing the batter and started to make the pancakes while Baekhyun cut up some apples and strawberries.
 
Once Jaekyung finished making the pancakes the oven rung, signalling that their bacon slices were done as well. She took them out carefully and placed three slices onto each plate, making sure to give the bigger ones to Baekhyun. Just as Jaekyung set their plates onto the table Baekhyun had put the plate of fruit and two cups of milk down as well.
 
The two ate with light hearts, feeding each other every now and then.
 
“So, is there anything you want to do before we head to my place? We don’t have to go help out until four since my mom’s got the turkey and ham down on her own. We just need to make the side dishes and dessert. That leaves us seven hours to do our own thing.”
 
“Actually, there’s something I’ve been doing every Christmas since I’ve been here in Seoul.”
 
“Oh really? What’s that?”
 
“I bake cookies and bring them to the hospital for the kids. I like baking them the day of so that they’re fresh and still warm by the time I get there. I already have all the ingredients and boxes ready. You wanna help me out with the normal cookies while I bake the low sugar ones for the kids with diabetes and high blood sugar levels?”
 
Why are you so perfect Jaekyung-ah?
 
“Of course! It’ll be tons of fun.”
 
“Really? Okay great! Let’s get started then call my parents at lunch, they always make sure to get some time off from working around that time during Christmas.” Baekhyun froze at the mention of Jaekyung’s parents, completely unaware of the fact that she’d call them during Christmas.  Of course she would Baekhyun!!! What were you thinking?!
 
“Oh yeah, sure thing! Excuse me while I go to the washroom okay?”
 
Taking his phones out of his pocket Baekhyun dialed clumsily, completely in a rush.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Jangmonim!”
 
“Oh, Baekhyun, are you calling to see if we have arrived safely?”
 
“Ah… um… no actually I was calling to see if you remember that Jaekyung usually calls you and abeoji around lunch time for Christmas.”
 
“Oh! Right!!! Ahh thank you for calling us Baekhyun, we’ll be sure to pretend that we’re still back at home.”
 
“Okay, that’s good to know. And ahh yes, have you and abeoji arrived safely?”
 
“Yes, yes, we’re in the car going to your place right now actually.”
 
“Perfect!”
 
“Thank you so much for doing this Baekhyun, I’m glad my daughter is lucky enough to have someone like you to take care of her.”
 
“You’re very welcome jangmonim but it really isn’t much. I’m the one who’s lucky to even get a chance to take care of Jaekyung.”
 
“Aigoo, you sure have a way with words Baekhyun, I can see why my Jaekyung has fallen for you.” Baekhyun coughed lightly in embarrassment.
 
“Haha, ahh… well… um…”
 
“Baek! Are you alright in there?!” Baekhyun blushed as Jaekyung’s mother started to laugh from hearing her daughter’s voice through the phone. Baekhyun placed his palm over the phone real quick and yelled back.
 
“Yep! Coming right out!!!”  
 
“Well I guess that’s my queue to go, thank you for calling Baekhyun and thank you so much for planning this. This is the greatest Christmas gift we have ever received; we’ll see you tonight, Merry Christmas.”
 
“Merry Christmas jangmonim, see you tonight.”