Chapter 43.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

Alone in his room, Baekhyun takes out his laptop and continues going through the plans he’s made. Jaekyung’s final exam of the semester is tomorrow and he wanted to get this done for her to see right away. He hasn’t seen her in a week due to her exams and the phone calls just aren’t cutting it. He opens a few websites and jots down some ideas onto his notebook.
 
“Baekhyun!!! Come down for dinner!” Baekhyun shuts off his laptop and heads downstairs, his parents already seated at the table.
 
“What were you doing upstairs? I kept calling for you.”
 
“Oh sorry omma, I was just going through some websites and such…” He looked over at his father nervously and sat down.
 
“Oh websites? What for?”
 
“Um…” Baekhyun bit his lips and decided it’ll be best to tell him now. He told his mother about wanting to become a pastry chef and opening up his own café already. He’s been working on his plans for a week now, managing to keep it a secret from his both father and Jaekyung. He wanted to figure things out first and his mother agreed to keep it a secret as well.
 
“What is it son?”
 
“Appa, I have something important to tell you but can we talk about it after dinner?” Baekhyun’s father simply smiled and nodded his head.
 
“Of course.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“There’s only one day left!!!!!!!!!!!!” Chanyeol watched as Tao ran around their shared room in panic.
 
“Tao, calm down.”
 
“I CAN’T! There’s only one day left and nothing, absolutely nothing has happened! What if they’re planning something huge tomorrow? What if we fail? WE CAN’T FAIL CHANYEOL!” Chanyeol sighed and stood up putting his hands onto Tao’s shoulders, shaking Tao back and forth.
 
“TAO! CALM DOWN! We’re going to be okay! Kris has our back remember? This is going to be fine, everything is going to work out and we’re going to be full-fledged angels before we know it.” Tao’s breathing started to slow down as he tried to calm himself down.
 
“Right, you’re right. Kris has our back and we haven’t messed anything up lately. Right.” Chanyeol smiled before rolling his eyes at his bipolar friend. He’s not gonna lie, he’s super freaked out right now as well but stressing out won’t get them anywhere.
 
“Okay, are you… normal now?” Tao took in a few more deep breaths before sitting down on his bed.
 
“I think so.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?” Baekhyun set his plate away into the sink as he turned to face his father.
 
“Um… give me a second; I’m going to get my laptop and notebook first.” Baekhyun’s father chuckled at his son then put his hands up, gesturing for Baekhyun to go ahead.
 
“Fine by me.” Baekhyun dashed up the stairs to his room and grabbed his laptop and notebook quickly, this is it. Baekhyun walked downstairs and back into the kitchen slowly, his heart pounding in his chest.
 
“Appa, I have something I want to show you.” Baekhyun’s father knew very well what his son has been up to over the past week but just like his mother, he waited for Baekhyun to gain the courage and tell him first.
 
Baekhyun opened up his laptop to the screen where his typed up proposal was, it included the plans of how the café would work, how many staff members would be required, the estimated cost for renovations, products and such. Guess all those business classes actually did Baekhyun some good.
 
“I know I haven’t been the greatest son, I was reckless and did a lot of stupid things to worry both you and omma but I promise you that I’m really serious time. I promise to work hard and to do my best to make this café successful. So, what do you say appa? Do... Do you think it’s alright? Is it okay for me to not take over the company? I’m sure there are people out there better suited for that role and I'm just not really into it. I really want to make this happen though.” Baekhyun looked at his father with puppy dog like eyes, full of hope. “Appa?” Baekhyun looked at his father, worried that he was mad or disappointed.
 
“This is a wonderful plan Baekhyun.” Baekhyun’s grew to a size that could challenge that of an owl’s while his jaw hung low.
 
“R-really?!”
 
“Yes really.”
 
“You don’t mind that I don’t want to take over the company?”
 
“Not at all.”
 
“Seriously?”
 
“Yes, Baekhyun I’m being serious.” A giant smile began to form on Baekhyun’s face as he set his laptop down throwing his arms around his father as if he was a child again.
 
“Thank you so much appa! I won’t let you down!” Baekhyun’s father chuckled as he returned the hug awkwardly.
 
“I’m sure you’ll do just fine Baekhyun. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some business to attend to.” Baekhyun smiled brightly as he watched his father get up.
 
“Okay then, hwaiting appa!!!” Baekhyun’s father shook his head lightly as he continued to chuckle. He then raised his right fist, pumping it into the air softly.
 
“Hwaiting Baekhyun.” 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------
Just some father and son interaction cause I think it's cute. This story is coming to a close soon and I'm currently working really hard on making the ending as awesome as possible so until then, there's going to be quite a few fluffy and filler like chapters haha. Thanks for reading guys and asdlfjlksjdf TWO PEOPLE VOTED THIS STORY UP?!?! AHH THANK YOU!!!!