Chapter 26.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Today’s the last day guys, you have until midnight.” Tao and Chanyeol glanced at each other nervously.
 
“Yes, Kris.”
 
 
 
 
“Hurry up! I’m the only one who can see you anyways, we’re gonna be late and you know how Sora can get!”
 
“I’m coming!” Baekhyun washed his face quickly before sprinting out the front door. “I still need to have good hygiene noona.” Jaekyung clicked her tongue at his response and locked the door.
 
“Yeah, yeah.”
 
The two of them took the bus to the hospital this time, just in case. They have to be there in half an hour and although it’s only a twenty minute walk Jaekyung didn’t want to risk being late. Luckily for Jaekyung, the bus was rather empty which meant Baekhyun could sit down without worrying about someone sitting next to her. They stared out the window, trying their best to keep silent since the other people on the bus would find it odd if Jaekyung started to talk to herself out of nowhere. After five long minutes, they arrived at the entrance of the hospital. They got off together and headed for the change room.
 
“I’ll be out soon, don’t come crashing in here or I’ll kill you!” Baekhyun grew embarrassed at Jaekyung’s words.
 
“Hey! You said to forget about what happened noona!” Jaekyung stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun before slamming the door in his face. Baekhyun laughed at the situation he was put in, Jaekyung is quite the girl.
 
 
 
 
“Tao! We gotta go quick, she changes fast! Let’s go!” Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun with Tao right next to him.
 
Baekhyun was tapping his feet on the floor, waiting for Jaekyung when he felt two hands on each of his arm. On his right was a male with golden hair and giant eyes while his left side stood a male with jet black hair and menacing eyes.
 
“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?! Let go of me!”
 
“We’re here to take you back! Don’t worry; you’ll see your soul mate again in no time Baekhyun.”
 
“I don’t know who you are Mr. Noodle hair but I’m not just going to follow you! How do you even know my name and soul mate? What soul mate?”
 
“Noodle hair?! Tao! Does my hair actually look like noodles?” Chanyeol ran his hand through his hair before placing them back onto Baekhyun’s arms.
 
“Yeah, they kinda do Chanyeol.” Baekhyun looked at the two males in confusion, what the heck?
 
“Alright Tao and Chanyeol, I’m not just going to let you guys take me away so please do let me go!”
 
“No! You have to come with us Baekhyun, we’re your two guardian angels and we’re here to put your spirit back into your body!” Baekhyun scoffed as Chanyeol spoke but stopped when a pair of giant wings appeared on their back.
 
“What the.”
 
“We’ll explain on the way, you just gotta hurry and come with us before your soul mate comes out! If she sees Tao and me, we’ll have a lot of explaining to do. The higher ups will kill us!”
 
Baekhyun continued to struggle as Chanyeol and Tao dragged him away against his will.
 
“Let me go! Jaekyung noona’s going to be so worried when she comes out and doesn’t see me!”
 
“Oh calm down! She’ll be alright, it’s not like you won’t see her again. Like I said earlier, she’s your soul mate!”
 
“Wait. S-soul mate? Did you just say that Jaekyung noona is my soul mate?” Baekhyun stopped struggling momentarily, his face lighting up at this knowledge.
 
“Yes, now just calm down will and let us do our jobs alright? Your spirit flew out of your body during your car accident and Tao and I have been waiting for the perfect moment to bring it back to your body, which is right now!” Tao rolled his eyes and continued to pulls Baekhyun towards his room.
 
“Chanyeol, stop wasting your energy talking! We’ll need lots to put his spirit back since he’s been out for so long.”
 
“Oh right! I almost forgot about that, thanks Tao. Did you hear that Baekhyun? How about you do us a favour and walk with your own feet, you’ll end up in that room either way.”
 
Baekhyun let out a sigh of defeat and stood up.
 
“Fine, like you said, I’ll be seeing her right away anyways.” Tao and Chanyeol exchanged knowing looks, he won’t be up right away actually but they don’t have to tell him that.
 
 
 
 
 
Jaekyung tied her hair up quickly before closing her locker. She looked in the mirror to make sure she was presentable before going outside. She opened the door and scanned the area, where’s Baekhyun?
 
“Baek? Baekhyun! Where are you?” Jaekyung looked around but there were no signs of Baekhyun at all. Maybe he went to see if his parents are here.
 
“Unnie!” Sora came running towards Jaekyung before Jaekyung could make her way to Baekhyun’s room.
 
“Oh, hi Sora! Did you miss me?” Jaekyung kneeled down and pulled the little girl into a hug.
 
“Neh unnie, all of us did!” Sora pointed to the right where Jaemin’s room is situated. “They’re all waiting for you in Jaemin oppa’s room. He isn’t feeling too well today.” Jaekyung’s eyebrows furrowed, Jaemin isn’t feeling well?
 
“Alright, let’s go check up on everybody now alright?” Jaekyung stood up and waited for Sora to grab her hands before walking towards Jaemin’s room. When she got inside Hyunwoo, Kyubin, Chaejin, Saeri and Yoojin were all standing around Jaemin’s bed. The five of them along with Sora were always a lot closer to Jaemin compared to the other kids.
 
“Oppa, Jaekyung unnie is here!” Jaekyung smiled as she approached Jaemin’s bed. He has always been paler and much smaller compared to most kids his age but he looks especially frail today.
 
“Hi noona.” Like always, Jaemin greeted Jaekyung with a brave smile.
 
“Hi Jaemin, noona doesn’t have to do anything for another ten minutes so I’ll stay here with you the entire time okay?”
 
“You don’t have to noona, I know you’re busy.”
 
“No, no Jaemin, I want to stay here. You’d like that wouldn’t you?”
 
“Yeah, that’d be nice.” Jaekyung grabbed a chair and sat next to Jaemin while talking to the other kids as well.
 
“How are you feeling today?”
 
“Tired but I’ll be alright.”
 
“No soccer for Jaemin hyung today, noona.” The four year old Chaejin pouted as he looked up at Jaemin then Jaekyung. He’s a cancer patient as well but unlike Jaemin, he’s only at the first stage.
 
“Hyung will get better and play with you soon, right noona? I’ll get better soon right?” Jaekyung felt tears welling up in her eyes, Jaemin’s leukemia is at the fourth stage and chances are he won’t get better at all. Jaekyung was at a loss for words when a soft knocking got the attention of everyone in the room.
 
“You guys, Jaemin needs to take his medication and get a checkup right now.” Chaerin, Jaemin’s nurse walked inside and placed her tray on the table next to Jaemin’s bed.
 
“Hey, Jaekyung, how are you coping?”
 
“I’m doing just fine Chaerin shii, thank you for asking.”
 
“That’s good to hear.” The two ended their conversation quickly so Jaekyung could take the kids outside.
 
“Alright guys, other than making sure everybody here gets lunch today I’m not in charge of much, who wants to go outside and play some soccer?”
 
A dozen kids got up from what they were doing in excitement and followed Jaekyung outside. Although Jaekyung was excited to be with the kids today, she can’t help but look around for any signs of Baekhyun. Where did he go?